Sign in to follow this  
Mogley

Last mission in OFP(capture Guba) What did you do?

I have beat the entire game at least 5 or 6 times.Never used a guide or walk through..al on my own. First time around this was the hardest of all you have a time limit to capture Guba alive and stop the launch of the ICBM. I could never get Guba and destroy the launchers within the time limit. Ground travel is too slow to make it so what I did was this.

1st time beating it I went on a search to find the location of the launcher and wrote down the map coordinates hoping it would be in the same place upon mission restart..... It was..so I started again this time splitting up my squad and sending the other half on foot to the location of the launcher, I sent a law soldier with them. I went and stood in the road shot at the approacing uaz, killed the driver the rest bailed out with guba. Shot them dead and got guba. Beleive it or not my AI squad I sent to the launcher made it intact and they shot the launcher...yay I win.

It wasnt until another play that I realized there is a hind chopper just south of the map starting point next time I just shot the guys guarding the hind, stole it, headed north to the road guba comes down. I land in the road order my troops out and just stay there. Gubas uaz aprroaches my and my hind blocking the road. They get out of the uaz and my troops take em out.

Now I ordered guba into the hind and go get the launcher with the hind all the while taking out the shilkas on the way...yay misson complete. This was by far the easiest way.

What do you do the beat this mission?? Did you have help like a walkthough or game guide or did you do it on your own???

hey look! another thread about the last mission tounge2.gif !

I killed guba in UAZ because he was a triator and coulnt accomplish simple task - wipe out americans.

Then as you know there was nuclear missle launch that destroyed everyting on those forsaken islands. After that WW3 starts and everybody is happy.

hey look! another thread about the last mission tounge2.gif !

I killed guba in UAZ because he was a triator and coulnt accomplish simple task - wipe out americans.

Then as you know there was nuclear missle launch that destroyed everyting on those forsaken islands. After that WW3 starts and everybody is happy.

nicked the Hind and used sir Guba as a free falling bomb on the SCUD, ironicly, he lived, after wich I pounded the damn thing with the rest of my men, mission failed.

Camikazed with the Hind on that SCUD, sacrificing mine, Guba's, and my team mates lifes for a better, nicer, cleaner, and above all more righteous world.

LOL guys, nice ways to go about it...ahaha tounge2.gif

Am I the only one who located the scud first, restarted the mission, and then split up the squad into two teams. My team capturing guba, while the AI team took out the scud?huh.gif?

Once I found the chopper, it almost makes it too easy tounge2.gif

Well, I played the cwc campaign more then ten times, so I've done a lot with guba wink_o.gif

Most times I captured him and togehter with the most of my commerades I leaved him at the base where you can get the Hind. But one time Guba did't decide to leave the UAZ and so leaved several satchel charges arround him. Afther all it was a really nice explosion and the UAZ had a sweet flight through the air, but the Scud has been launched...

I ambushed to his jeep near the crossroad , then i waste the ruskies Ural

Guba's UAZ blast by mine .. hell.

i recall it being scud misson first? Then get Cuba?

4 years ago i played it, dont remember.

i recall it being scud misson first? Then get Cuba?

You are correct, the first SCUD mission is Search and Destroy. The last mission, Red Dawn, involves capturing Guba, and he divulges the location of another SCUD which needs to be destroyed. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i recall it being scud misson first? Then get Cuba?

4 years ago i played it, dont remember.

Thnx cain, was reading the topic and started to worry if my brain had finally collapsed but no, my brain wasnt seperating one mission into 2 smile_o.gif

There was nothing quite as beautiful as seeing Guba parachuting into the sea north of Kolgujev without a lifejacket - try swimming in that shoddy uniform, you bugger!

i got all of my guys armed with AT wepons+granade lunchers. i got my self a nice russian Dragunov.

got into the M113 as a driver and went to the ambush point:

[im]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5351/guba6lh.jpg[/img]>100kb

i waited . .and waited . .and waited . . after 3 minutes of 4.0X time acc he arrived, my units where on "hold fire", i shot the driver with the SVD and got Cuba smile_o.gif

about the Nuke . .never got to him, always used the end mission cheat smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

mp_phonix please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb.

First killed enemy infantry nearby to the east and captured Guba on the northern road without problems. Then drove the uaz alone to the Scud along the same road like crazy (with some tanks near the military base shooting at me). Didn't destroy it (I had wasted all my rockets to the shilkas etc guarding it), but sneaked in from the northeast side and killed the guy on the drivers seat (guarding t80 was still alive).

Hi all! biggrin_o.gif

What I did on this mission was this, I took the Hind and flew near to that village where the SP mission "Bomberman" takes place around, an waited for Guba to arrive. When he did I aimed a little infornt of his UAZ and shot my cannon there, disableing the UAZ. Then I killed all the soldiers protecting Guba with the cannon, landed and got out, went over to him to capture him. Afterwards I went to go look for the second nuke but to no avail. The mission ended and I was forced to look in horror as the nuke obliterated Everon (not a pretty sight wow_o.gif )