SCAN SCORE - many shots from ArmA

1, 2, 3

ArmA ingame trailer - low res 13 MB by Eda Mrcoch

ArmA ingame trailer - hi res 55MB

info: movie has format *.VOB - rename to *.mpeg format, but we need AC3 codec

thx -D!tr- notworthy.gif

Topic about trailer and his mirrors by Eda Mrcoch

levascor.jpg

!.gif new informations about Armed Assault & Game2 in scans from czech magazines (czech language)

Armed Assault (SCORE):

The graphics are praised. Theoretically you shall knock over every single tree, meaning you can drive with tanks through woods, which wasn't possible in OFP. Some improvements that already came with OFP:Elite will come for Armed Assault too. The vegetation shall be denser, there shall even be animals and insects you can shoot.

On the same page the author describes a mission. At first glance the mission isn't revolutionary, it's on the high level of the OFP campaign missions we're used to. Something particular is that you play the same mission in different roles: The first time as tank commander, then as specop and at last as a chopper pilot, whereas all of the three roles start at different times (e.g. the chopper comes in after the AA is taken out, you've got to do that as tank commander). In multiplayer you've got even more possibilities, because the player can appoint, when is what applied.

There shall be a huge island of 400kmË› featuring a lot of different vegetation like jungle, wood and desert. The war around the player shall always be vivid, you can call in artillery or plane support (which you could miss later on if they get destroyed) and it might be that you're taken to another place in the conflict by chopper.

There will hardly be any scripted events, but the course of war is affected by your actions; you're making the difference, if you play good. There shall be civilians, but they've got a neglectable role, it shall be made similar to Resistance.

In the campaign you shall often be forced to improvise, e.g. searching parts for broken down vehicles. The campaign will be about North vs. South, inspired by the Corean War.

The information about multiplayer and editor are almost identical to the one in "Level"

Some notes by Perth:

The Score article has confused me a little. Basically it's the same as the Level article. Following Score the campaign shall be a lot more dynamic than in OFP, if not so much as in Game2 that features RPG elements and questionable civilians.

Level says that Armed Assault is more 1.5, Score thinks of it as a adaequate sequel. The different sizes of the island are quite confusing.

I've read the articles several times very closely, because I was confused about the different statements.

I can't really imagine that the Score redacteurs have mixed Armed Assault and Game2, as one of the devs is an editor at Score. The half-dynamic campaign (I've read the article several times!wink_o.gif would be too awesome to be true...

It seems that I've made the first translations from the article. I hope that I don't create too much confusion because of some translation errors or bad translation.

I join Lord Perth: I hope that I don't create confusion by producing translation errors translating german -> english.

In german we call a game like this "Stille Post", I think in English it's called "Chinese Whisper"

Again: I thank Lord Perth for translating this article from Czech to German, allowing me to translate in into English. notworthy.gif

release date: Q1/Q2 2006

Game 2:

Game 2 will contain a lot of role playing elements. Its complexicity shall approximate Fable or Oblivion. The campaign shall be dynamic and the interaction with the NPCs shall be very complex. Every action done by the player shall have consequences. For example if you shoot a villager, his brothet will shoot on you. You can question the NPCs, namely depending on situation. e.g. if they've seen enemy troop movement.

Due to good relations to the army and 3d-scan-techniques the realism shall be superiour. It's extremely detailled, e.g. a broken down tire can be replaced by one you find at another broken down car.

The terrain shall unlike ArmA be totally deformable, namely physically correct. e.g. you can theoretically gain access to a house with a well aimed shot in a house wall. Of course only, if you don't damage the bearers too much. Game 2 uses the open source ODE physics engine.

The mimics of the faces shall be very detailled and you shall be able to tell the current state of a single soldier.

A system called "Linda" shall simulate a hyperrealistic vegetation and even a whole ecosystem, where knocked over trees grow again. The tree growth shall change depending on if the tree is standing in a wood or lonely on a field. Imaging collecting apples or fir cones, the author cheered.

A release date is still not in sight, but the author thought, that it's positive that they don't have to work under pressure.

I don't feel like translating the third ArmA article, but there won't be more info as in the other one. Maybe I'll do it some time and then I'll summarize the article here.

release date is 2007

sources and sententious translation by bör - THX notworthy.gif

obr_arma.jpg

Man those scans are WAY TOO BIG, it gets about half way down then fails, and I'm on a 10MB connection... wink_o.gif

Yea its pretty much impossible to get them to load....

spoock, you seem to be out of Bandwith.

I'm able to get them with a linux wget, a download manager should do the same

notworthy.gif

crazy_o.gif

yay.gif

inlove.gif

Just amazing...

I do hope we get to see the video, and with a reasonable resolution and no 1x1 pixel mash...

Despite Czech is a bit similar to Polish, I really can`t understand what you`re writting there guys...

And, anybody plz, could post those images in a more download-able form? huh.gif

My god ive wee'd my self from excitment again.

Edit: Yea i cant get a video either, any links people?

No one uploaded it yet. I'm scanning all cz forums periodically. Seems it won't be today.

And pls use the mirror for pics, I hope the guys personal hosting won't be busted for exceeding bandwidth limit. They do not know that it is posted here. huh.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">campaign will be dynamic

In armed assualt!

*wee*

Crap did it again

Edit:

Oh yea sorry, i misread the first post. I thought you said "click image to see trailer" not screens from the trailer. confused_o.gif

My god ive wee'd my self from excitment again.

Edit: Yea i cant get a video either, any links people?

No one uploaded it yet. I'm scanning all cz forums periodically. Seems it won't be today.

And pls use the mirror for pics, I hope the guys personal hosting won't be busted for exceeding bandwidth limit. They do not know that it is posted here. huh.gif

fast links? tounge2.gif - ok I join it to firts new, ok? smile_o.gif

I hope the guys personal hosting won't be busted for exceeding bandwidth limit. They do not know that it is posted here. huh.gif

I replaced the original links with the mirror to avoid that happening smile_o.gif

*looks at image #4*

HE'S STANDING -ON- THE TANK!

*picks up jaw*

Is that game 2?

Either way yay.gifthumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

I hope the guys personal hosting won't be busted for exceeding bandwidth limit. They do not know that it is posted here. huh.gif

I replaced the original links with the mirror to avoid that happening smile_o.gif

And what about the video...... whistle.gifwink_o.gif

*looks at image #4*

HE'S STANDING -ON- THE TANK!

*picks up jaw*

Is that game 2?

Either way yay.gif  thumbs-up.gif  notworthy.gif

Since the words GAME 2 are scrolled across the picture, I think its safe to say Yes, thats game2. smile_o.gif

lol I'd have to zoom out to see that.. not happening ATM tounge2.gif

In sejmout0001.jpg the t-80 (90?) looks like a real one at an auto show or something! Fantastic work guys!

OOMFG! ! ! ! WHOOOHOO ,MORE STUFF! ! ! WHOHOO!

EDIT LMFAO LOOK AT THE WAVES NOW ! !! AWESOEM!!

lol I'd have to zoom out to see that.. not happening ATM tounge2.gif

In sejmout0001.jpg the t-80 (90?) looks like a real one at an auto show or something! Fantastic work guys!

I think it's T-72 wink_o.gif

Can't wait for the video inlove.gif

That destroyed bridge looks great. I wonder if it's a static prop, though (as in, already-destroyed), or if it's dynamic. Hmm.

Oh, and the animations are looking much better. Note especially in the second page from Score, the guy with the M249. Yeah, baby. thumbs-up.gif

And...

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/squad/!mrc/arma/2.jpg

That tank looks hot! wow_o.gif

rofl.gif

That destroyed bridge looks great. I wonder if it's a static prop, though (as in, already-destroyed), or if it's dynamic. Hmm.

Oh, and the animations are looking much better. Note especially in the second page from Score, the guy with the M249. Yeah, baby. thumbs-up.gif

And...

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/squad/!mrc/arma/2.jpg

That tank looks hot! wow_o.gif

rofl.gif

One of the trailer screenshots shows the same type of bridge and its not destroyed... so perhaps its something that can be blown up. I sure hope its not a static object... it would be kinda dumb to have a destroyed bridge there for the hell of it.