el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

Quote[/b] ]Navy Parrot Goes Back to Sea

By Chris Court, PA

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3773597

1100796540.jpg

Sunny, the swearing Royal Navy parrot, has rejoined her shipmates on a warship after seven months ashore, it emerged today.

The African Grey; currently the only serving parrot in the Navy; had to leave Type 23 frigate HMS Lancaster while she was undergoing a refit in Plymouth, Devon.

Sunny, whose service number is RN Parrot No.1, has now resumed her place in the wardroom among the officers.

Her keeper, Lieutenant Mari Duffy said today: "With the return of Sunny the parrot to HMS Lancaster the ship's company now feels complete."

Sunny became famous in March when she met the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Portsmouth Naval base.

At the time the ship's company were worried about her squawking expletives when meeting the Royal couple.

But Sunny did not let them down and kept a civil tongue.

The warship's crew was concerned because during a Middle East tour Sunny let loose a string of four letter words during a visit by Navy top brass; audible despite her being hidden in a broom cupboard.

Her volley of abuse was overheard by the fleet's Commander-in-Chief, Admiral Sir Alan West but he ignored her and carried on briefing the crew in the mess.

Sunny's colourful language has become familiar aboard the frigate her vocabulary includes bastardsand arse.

Among her other phrases are "You ain't seen me, right" and "Zulus, thousands of 'em"

HMS Lancaster is currently undergoing sea trials after completing a refit in Plymouth.

She is due to begin sea training in January next year and is scheduled to sail home to Portsmouth in March.

Visit Sunny's webpage here biggrin_o.gif

lol,

good stuff.

I wonder how many pages were found, and it what time? biggrin_o.gif

20759.jpg

Quote[/b] ]A happy face smiles back from the scope of a U.S. Army sniper's rifle, during a mission searching for insurgents in Mosul, Iraq (news - web sites), Monday, Nov. 22, 2004. U.S. and Iraqi forces in Mosul have been working put down an uprising launched by guerrillas who seized police stations and other sites. (AP Photo/Jim MacMillan)

smile_o.gif

By Chris Court, PA

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3773597

http://imageuploading.com/041118/1100796540.jpg

Sunny, the swearing Royal Navy parrot, has rejoined her shipmates on a warship after seven months ashore, it emerged today.

The African Grey; currently the only serving parrot in the Navy; had to leave Type 23 frigate HMS Lancaster while she was undergoing a refit in Plymouth, Devon.

Sunny, whose service number is RN Parrot No.1, has now resumed her place in the wardroom among the officers.

Her keeper, Lieutenant Mari Duffy said today: "With the return of Sunny the parrot to HMS Lancaster the ship's company now feels complete."

Sunny became famous in March when she met the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Portsmouth Naval base.

At the time the ship's company were worried about her squawking expletives when meeting the Royal couple.

But Sunny did not let them down and kept a civil tongue.

The warship's crew was concerned because during a Middle East tour Sunny let loose a string of four letter words during a visit by Navy top brass; audible despite her being hidden in a broom cupboard.

Her volley of abuse was overheard by the fleet's Commander-in-Chief, Admiral Sir Alan West but he ignored her and carried on briefing the crew in the mess.

Sunny's colourful language has become familiar aboard the frigate her vocabulary includes bastardsand arse.

Among her other phrases are "You ain't seen me, right" and "Zulus, thousands of 'em"

HMS Lancaster is currently undergoing sea trials after completing a refit in Plymouth.

She is due to begin sea training in January next year and is scheduled to sail home to Portsmouth in March.

Visit Sunny's webpage here  biggrin_o.gif

Not a bad looking bird.

2640472.jpg

The Parrots OK too

wink_o.gif

Sniper_Panther remove image tags when quoting please.

Nice pilot, no shootie!

I think the "catch and release" pic was posted before, but it wouldn't hurt to let people see it for a second time wink_o.gif

I was trying to find a pic from Hot Shots part deux of the actor that says "War, it's Faaaaantastic"

Quote[/b] ]

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Flashing sign gets army rebuke</span>

By Max Blenkin

November 2, 2004

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11265187^1702,00.html

AN army chopper crew has been stood down after a crewman issued a very public invitation for women to "show us your tits" at the recent Indy 300 car race on the Gold Coast.

Unfortunately for the crew of Iroquois helicopter No 295, an onlooker in a high-rise flat snapped a photo of the sign displayed by a crewman as the chopper flew along the beachfront on October 23.

The image ended up on the website of the Professional Pilots Rumour Network.

The photo attracted a variety of mostly approving comments on the website's forum, including "Onya boys!!!!" and "Now how about the shots taken from the helicopter please?"

" ... in this climate of political correctness, hope no plonkers get hold of it and try to hang anyone," wrote another.

A spokesman for the Australian Defence Force said it was aware of the incident and did not approve.

"This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable and will not be condoned by the Australian Army," the spokesman said.

"An investigation is under way and the crew of the aircraft have been stood down while the investigation is under way."

The spokesman said the crew was stood down as soon as the army became aware of the incident in the past week.

AAP

ArmyatPlay.jpg

Yeah I know the old post had a picture, but it was broken.

Yeah I know the old post had a picture, but it was broken.

Funny picture! Hmmmm..... Addons & Mods: Discussion perhaps? I can just see that chopper flying around on multiplayer crazy_o.gif

Sorry for the bumping, but i saw this thread and read the first pages and a story that my boss told me, a Lieutenant 1st class (i work as a civilian in the dutch Ministry of Defence), told me once came into my mind.

Years before, when he was still a Corporal 1st class he was stationed in Seedorf, Germany and one day he and his unit were on a excercise. They had this camp set up an put a sentry with a .50 in the field. They told the guy who was behind this .50 that they expected that the Russians might use chemical weapons. So he had to watch the enviroment (grass, trees and the animals around). After a while my boss was on patrol with some of his mates and found the guy behind the .50 sleeping. Instead of reporting this to their CO they decided to take the .50 and hide it somewhere. After some minutes the CO, who knew this guy, went to check on him. He found him asleep without the .50 and woke the guy up and dragged him to his office. Once arrived he had to explain the missing .50 and why he was asleep. The guy said with a dead serious face that he wasn't sleeping, but he was watching some patch of grass that slowly went down to the ground. But he still didn't explained the missing .50, so the CO asked about this. The guy, again with a serious face explained that after he watched the grass go down the ruskies came to take the .50. Bceause he was alone and had no time to sound the alarm, he played dead. This guy could be courtmarshalled for this "incident" but the CO was litterally laughing his ass off and told him to just get the f*ck out of his face and office and never mention to anybody what happened.

I have to admit, I laughed my ass off when I read this. biggrin_o.gif

The Fast Show. What a surprise. tounge_o.gif

If it isn't, then Canada is in trouble :P Some years ago when they set up a international war crimes court here in Holland the USA made a law that said that if there is any armed forces personnell on trial for war crimes then the Pentagon has the right to free them by any means. Including a invasion :P

Not sure if it counts for Canada also..

Pwned! tounge_o.gif

I don't think Bush ever thought of getting in trouble in Canada! I'd like to see his face when they told him why. biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm the site is quite realistic. I really thought it's true. Must be wishfull thinking. wink_o.gif