el Gringo Loco

Military Humor

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nolips71 @ Feb. 09 2003,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">now who can argue with a self loveing american? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Produce a source, and then we can talk. Every single place I've seen says nothing about this little mixup of yours, so as it stands, I think it is and has always been SR-71.

Thank you, please drive around.

ive all my live called it a sr 71 cous thats what its known as. but its true name is rs 71

Tex and nolips, in the future deal with such things through PMs smile.gif

Yo! Wassup guys?

Whats going on lately?

I guess you haven't missed me, but nevertheless I decided to pay a visit. tounge.gif

BTW - They are probably gonna bomb us soon, so there will be new funny stories.... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Feb. 11 2003,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW -  They are probably gonna bomb us soon, so there will be new funny stories....  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif

good to see you back Noone. biggrin.gif i adjusted your avatar size to accomodate new regulation.

so how's your drunkard CO tounge.gif j/k j/k

welcome back Noone! smile.gif

this thread of went into decline in a way since you didn't post any stories. i hope this is going to change now. biggrin.gif

Hi guys!

Sorry to hear about the thread... sad.gif

Maybe I'll come up with something new soon or post some of my friends stories (one of my friends is returning today from egyptian border after reservists service, maybe he'll have something).

Anyway, we are checking gasmasks and prepearing for the war, could be quite funny, just like the old days back in 1991, we had much fun.... confused.gif Well, first 2 or attacks we have soiled our pants, but then we got used to it and it became err... fun... yes... kind of entertainment. Some of our friends even went out to see the missiles and SAMs flying and exploding. And as we have a penthhouse apartment on a hill, we gonna have a superb view on Tel-Aviv and all the sky. First seats, i'd say. I just hope they not gonna nuke us or something wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Feb. 11 2003,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi guys!

Sorry to hear about the thread...  sad.gif

Maybe I'll come up with something new soon or post some of my friends stories (one of my friends is returning today from egyptian border after reservists service, maybe he'll have something).

Anyway, we are checking gasmasks and prepearing for the war, could be quite funny, just like the old days back in 1991, we had much fun....  confused.gif  Well, first 2 or attacks we have soiled our pants, but then we got used to it and it became err... fun... yes... kind of entertainment. Some of our friends even went out to see the missiles and SAMs flying and exploding. And as we have a penthhouse apartment on a hill, we gonna have a superb view on Tel-Aviv and all the sky. First seats, i'd say. I just hope they not gonna nuke us or something  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What army are you in?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 14 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Feb. 11 2003,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi guys!

Anyway, we are checking gasmasks and prepearing for the war, could be quite funny, just like the old days back in 1991, we had much fun....  confused.gif  Well, first 2 or attacks we have soiled our pants, but then we got used to it and it became err... fun... yes... kind of entertainment. Some of our friends even went out to see the missiles and SAMs flying and exploding. And as we have a penthhouse apartment on a hill, we gonna have a superb view on Tel-Aviv and all the sky. First seats, i'd say. I just hope they not gonna nuke us or something  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What army are you in?<span id='postcolor'>

Tsahal (I.D.F.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 13 2003,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 14 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Feb. 11 2003,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi guys!

Tsahal (I.D.F.)<span id='postcolor'>

Ahha.... ok i'm gonna be honest, i don't know anything about armies biggrin.gif

What country's that army from?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 14 2003,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 13 2003,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 14 2003,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Feb. 11 2003,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi guys!

Tsahal (I.D.F.)<span id='postcolor'>

Ahha.... ok i'm gonna be honest, i don't know anything about armies biggrin.gif

What country's that army from?<span id='postcolor'>

I.D.F= Isreali Defense Force

Exactly. Plus I am not in it, I WAS in it. Now I am a civilian. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Noone @ Feb. 15 2003,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Exactly. Plus I am not in it, I WAS in it. Now I am a civilian.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

my cousin also was a conscript in the IDF.

when he came for a visit to germany, he said it wasn't much fun because he had to carry around a heavy rocketlauncher or a mortar all the time. biggrin.gif

don't know exactly what it was because my russian isn't very good and he spoke only russian and hebrew. tounge.gif

i think it's the same in other armies, too. someone has to carry the heavy stuff. wink.gif

Yeah your right someone allways has to carry round the heavy stuff. i think the BA has got it right, they use trucks !!!! or use light stuff instead. Although anyone here ever lifted AS90 artillery rounds, that is heavy stuff!

Epita

Awright, Guys- A story from my father's service, as i have yet to enter College ROTC....

My father was stationed in Germany with the 3d armored division, 25th combat engineer battalion. He didn't smoke, so he sold his american issues to German civvies, and he was one hell of a poker player (never lost to anyone in his company) so with all this money, he decided to invest in some personal transportation, as he had to march enough. Anyway, he bought a VW beetle and began to clean it out. Now as you may know, the beetle has the battery under the rear passenger seat confused.gif and is foreign to an American soldier who had been raised with flathead fords his whole life. As he was cleaning the car out, he noticed a piece of wood sitting across the battery terminals. He threw this out, and shortly thereafter, started the little car. Smelling smoke, my father turned around in his seat and saw smoke. Beetle Flamb`e!!!! The car was toast.

Crew

lol never mix americans and cars with the engine in the back. tounge.gif

this reminds me of the M151 Mutt. it has the fuel tank under the driver's seat. not the best place to be if you're under fire! biggrin.gif

muttdrw.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 18 2003,07:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol never mix americans and cars with the engine in the back. tounge.gif

this reminds me of the M151 Mutt. it has the fuel tank under the driver's seat. not the best place to be if you're under fire! biggrin.gif

muttdrw.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Just like the Citroen CV2 "Duck" used to have -- a dropped cigarette from an inattentive smoker was often followed by a hasty search and some crazy road swerving.

My dad also drove the mutt, i guess a few guys were going too fast in it, and for some reason ford never bolted the body to the chassis, so the body would slide right off!

-Crew

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These stories are copied off the Royal Artillery Assosiation website.<span id='postcolor'>

I doubt it.

Got a link?

1982 Darwin Award Nominee

(October 1982) In the New Zealand Army, the staff was having a discipline problem with four cadets posted at Waiouru Camp. One day, the group had been confined to barracks as punishment while the rest of the unit participated in a training activity.

The four cadets decided to abscond, and set out on a jaunt into the training area, heedless of the consequences. How bad could another day of rest be? After walking some distance, they found themselves on the range used as the training grounds of the M203 Grenade Launcher. As they sauntered around the range, they came across several unexploded rounds.

From Day One, Army recruits are told to never touch anything even remotely resembling unexploded ordinance. Indeed, there are signs surrounding every range the Army uses, stating the rule again. It is incessantly drummed into every brain in the Army. But not everyone learns...

The ringleader of this group picked up two grenades and held them at arm's length, while his mates egged him on. According to the survivors, he uttered the famous last words, "Hey fellas, look at this!" Those are words to make seasoned men duck and cover. He cracked the two grenades together, causing one or both to explode in his hands. The M203 grenade has a lethal blast area of five meters, and left little for the medics to recover. The other three miscreants were injured by shrapnel, but survived to be disciplined in far more lenient a fashion.

tounge.gif