Sign in to follow this  
mrpibb

are the collision issues gone that were in OFP?

Quick question, I suppose this is for a BIS representative. Are the collision issues still gonna be there from OFP in regards mostly to soldiers, that is being able to walk through walls mostly. The one thing that always was a problem with OFP, I'd go into a house to find some cover and would sneak up crouched to a window, only to find I moved a little too far and 'pop', all the sudden I'm pushed out through the wall to the outside in plain view. All the other known issues too, getting 'stuck' inm various places where the screen view violently shakes as you try to get out of the 'stuck' spot, another clasic 'stuck' spot was getting too close to a damaged building, then having to often drop to prone to get out and away from the building.

My question is, kindly, could anyone say if these issues will be no more in ArmA?

Thanks

Christian

Personally, I love it when you're walking next to a destroyed building, and the building sucks you up and eats you.. and you're living there, being slowly digested over the course of a thousand years. Haha.

Sometimes it helps to run and press the prone button. You sort of 'dive' out.

I am also interested in the answer to this question.

CQB has improved with OFP Elite on Xbox already so I guess the issue will be certainly adressed in ArAs.

"reworked physical simulation and collision detection"

But I did enjoy, especially with fences, how you could put up the time accelleration and charge it head on while getting up and going prone and you save yourself some time by avoiding the travel to the gate. Maybe immersion is worth it though icon_rolleyes.gif

I believe I was once eaten by a building in Elite, but I escaped digestion after a minue or two.

But I did enjoy, especially with fences, how you could put up the time accelleration and charge it head on while getting up and going prone and you save yourself some time by avoiding the travel to the gate.

Most of the times you don't even need time acceleration, you just need to run hard enough. It is realistic though, because no sane soldier would even think of charging through a gate, down a square filled with hostiles, while he could just cut a hole/climb over a fence whistle.gif

So does this mean basicly rather than having to get in the back of a plane, you can simply walk into the door and walk around while tha plane is in flight then over the DZ you can jaut walk out the back of the plane and depoy your chute manually?

EDIT: Found an answer

yeah it's solid structures now.

i hated those days where i would fly out the side of a building simple by standing too close to a well. instant death+10 minutes of progress gone

Personally, I love it when you're walking next to a destroyed building, and the building sucks you up and eats you.. and you're living there, being slowly digested over the course of a thousand years. Haha.

Sometimes it helps to run and press the prone button. You sort of 'dive' out.

I am also interested in the answer to this question.

Haha! You killing me!!

rofl.gif

That happens in the buildings in the ruins in Tonal. The more you struggle, the farther from the ground you're pulled. You can move just enough to give you hope that you'll pop out of its hungry grasp only to be sucked back in like a spaghetti noodle.

biggrin_o.gif It was pretty useful to be able to run through fences... Maybe it was a way to represent a soldier ability to cut or just climb over the fence nener.gif

I'd be grateful that these glitches got wiped out with ArmA, though !

yeah it's solid structures now.

i hated those days where i would fly out the side of a building simple by standing too close to a well. instant death+10 minutes of progress gone

Let me ask, is there somewhere around here or at another site that reveals alot of 'in-depth' info, like this topic about the new game?

Thanks