Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Wilco's Destroyed BRDM-2 Pack

After about a long OFP rest and a full day of OFP work, its done.  I cooked this baby up today after realising that OFP has little to none damage models. It is Stand Alone.

Quote[/b] ]

Wilco's Destroyed BRDM-2

-Based from OFF's Model

-----------------------------------------

This is a destroyed model of the new OFPL BRDM-2, simple.

To install is simple, just extract all of the files into your "Res/AddOns" folder or any other mod folder you have running.

Credits:

Offtime - modeling, textures.

Jack - interior model and textures.

Agent Smith - LOD models, config.

FAB - random numbering script.

Alderous - compilation of Soviet version.

Note the beautiful copy and paste in the readme.

And now, some shots.

brdms9yc.jpg

brdms19vg.jpg

brdms20qo.jpg

http://www.savefile.com/files/2310280

P.S.- Any one care to lend a hand on file hosting?  biggrin_o.gif

Nice idea, and well done.

But, why take the turret off if we can`t see the interrior?

wilco you know where to find me for file hosting wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Wildo

thats a fair point

can't addon makers and mods make more destroyed models smile_o.gif they make up for some good scenery and sometimes objects to use as cover pistols.gif

i know the basblackhawks has destroyed models, also sef mod had some chopper also in destroyed mode and our weapons mod had the mi-26 in destroyed mode and if im not wrong the mi-2 but i haven't checked out if the mi-8 is also available in destroyed. tounge2.gif rhs has some tanks also in destroyed.

thats a fair point

Very good point, but these weren't meant to be large scaled projects, just a small weekend kind of thing. I'll fix that for you guys if you'd like. smile_o.gif

may be a nice touch - assuming the base model is fine, then it should only be a small job to create the hole, reapply the top texture and bingo, all done - well... assuming flashy is feeling happy biggrin_o.gif

may be a nice touch - assuming the base model is fine, then it should only be a small job to create the hole, reapply the top texture and bingo, all done - well... assuming flashy is feeling happy biggrin_o.gif

AFAIK, I'm afraid Wilco will have to copy&paste some elements from View-Cargo LOD. The outside LOD's are well optimised, meaning some faces normally not visible were removed from interior...

I'm very glad to see somebody making use of our open source license. Good job, Wilco! smile_o.gif

aha... well, for once clever use of LOD and non visible faces being deleted isnt helpful tounge2.gif

aaah well... still, it would round this little gem off nicely

Quote[/b] ]P.S.- Any one care to lend a hand on file hosting? biggrin_o.gif

Yes, take a look at our news site

Nice addon. Good to see more wrecks, adds a lot more realism to the battlefield smile_o.gif

Maybe a burned out BRDM would be nice to add in the future:

burnedbrdm7oc.jpg

@Wilco: Always send your addons to ofp.info, we will host your addons wink_o.gif

As already said, the addon is good and usefull, but maybe you should add parts of the interior in the one variation of the wreck. wink_o.gif

I'll look into the interior one, and I'll start work on a burned out one, and I'm also thinking about doing a UAZ and some new HMMV's.

Alright, I got a small problem with the burnt texture. For some reason txtswap doesn't want to apply it, does that mean I'll have to remap it with the new texture? I suck at that, heh.

By the way, how does this look?

brdm13zi.jpg

Make sure texturepath+filename doesn't exceed 31 characters - this might be the reason of your problem.

Can't see the pic, Wilco.

Alright, I got the textures up and running and I'll hopefully get some shots of it later, right now I'm thinking about working on a UAZ or other vehicle, what do you guys want to see?

Why don't you get together with these addons makers and make destroyed versions of their vehicles for them or something? BRDM looks good too btw.

I think that texture looks good so far. I'm sure it's not a final yet, so let me take this opportunity to suggest that the rope look more seperated from the rest of the body. So far it looks like a uniform burn stretching down the whole texture.

Other than that, great work!

Abs

(Hope to see you online next Sunday for some games.:))

Alright, I got the textures up and running and I'll hopefully get some shots of it later, right now I'm thinking about working on a UAZ or other vehicle, what do you guys want to see?

A destroyed UAZ would be very welcome, I don't think there's one out there.

Hi there.

Been away from OFP for some time now, and I'm glad to see stuff like that, I been playing about with OFP for the last week, so I supose you can take the guy from OFP, but you can't take OFP from the guy... Never mind.

Your textures look very good on that burned out one, it will be nice if you can get some burned wheels on that baby.

About next project, a UAZ would be very welcome here too, and an A10, for them S&R missions and so on could do just as nice.

Good work mate.

Regards.

@CERO.

IIRC, Wilco already made a destroyed HMMWV. Check ofp.info

should remeber to place proxies in the vehicles to make them useable other than eye candy most suffer a mobility kill, he weapons system would be still operational in a combat situation crew servered weaponds are usually not powered unless its a minigun.

Nice already used scrpits to swap units when destroyed. Uaz be a waste of time it has damage encoded in it allready with breaking glasss and flat tires you can roll it over by using the x and y setting in the editor.

Hummves are mostly made of aluminum, fiberglass/kevlar and literly burn to the ground when destroiyed by fire, usualy the highly flamable hydrolic fluids in the transmission, breaks and steerng system. usually reduced to a chared mass of ash and the hard parts like rims, engine block and diffs. or additional armor They are built out of lightweight matirals so the can be transported by air.

The "usable" idea is out of my hands, I can't script worth crap and I barely know how to use 02, so unless someone ones to go ahead and try that they can.  

I'll get working on a UAZ and get pictures up of the burnt one.

Edit: Just tried messing with a UAZ but it turns out none that I can find have doors that arent built into the main body, looks like I'll have to find another way somehow. The OFPL one also uses the same texture for both sides of the car doors.