Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

Explosion in UK

better your smoke than the smell of your british cuisine!

There's a reason Italian food is so popular in Germany...

tounge2.gif .

Ground winds have been little thus allowing the dust to smoke to rise and dispearse alot easier.

According to Trevor, its more to do with the fact that the fire is so hot at the mo, making the clouds rise so high; apparently, as the fire gets fought more (and thus the vapours get colder) the cloud will end up "falling" onto houses etc.

Whoever made the joke about the cloud going towards France - erm, some of us live in the South East mate, it ain't funny confused_o.gif

Ground winds have been little thus allowing the dust to smoke to rise and dispearse alot easier.

According to Trevor, its more to do with the fact that the fire is so hot at the mo, making the clouds rise so high; apparently, as the fire gets fought more (and thus the vapours get colder) the cloud will end up "falling" onto houses etc.

Whoever made the joke about the cloud going towards France - erm, some of us live in the South East mate, it ain't funny confused_o.gif

Indeed that is true but low ground winds (not literally on the ground tounge2.gif ) allow the particles and crap to rise quicker instead of being dispersed at a lower level.

if you cant take a little humour in the situation, then im sorry, but thats not my problem.

I live in the south too and have experienced the effects of the smoke too - but you dont see me getting distressed about it. My 'joke' was more of a 'the one good thing to come out of it' line - like i said, anglo/french rivalry is always a point of laughter

if you cant take a little humour in the situation, then im sorry, but thats not my problem.

I live in the south too and have experienced the effects of the smoke too - but you dont see me getting distressed about it. My 'joke' was more of a 'the one good thing to come out of it' line - like i said, anglo/french rivalry is always a point of laughter

A good way to relieve the situation or make some good come out of it, is a joke about it. The problem is most of the time you get called un-sensitive or a racist

sod's law, as they say

on a more related note - they're down to the last 3 tanks now, although one of those is 'Tank 12' the one with the largest fire ablaze whistle.gif

Freakish accident >_<

Although, I must say I am amazed at how well the British authorities handle catastrophes such as this one. It all seems to be handled with utmost efficiency.

all you need now is a sat pic from 3 miles away and add a "car now parked here" to it :P

Wildo

Damn. It might have given a few kids asthma, but i was hoping to see it before it went out, it looked so impressive. Oh well, you cant have everything. huh.gif

biggrin_o.gif

It was truly a miracle noone was killed though, we usually seem to blessed with a lack of majorly fatal natural or accidental deaths, so we get a chance to kill, riot, and rob (and suicide bomb) each other to our hearts content in this country. Yes, im in that cheery christmas mood xmas_o.gif

yeah tounge2.gif - apparently its what they feared, the oil handn't cooled down enough, and spontaniously reignited - like oil pan fires tend to do at home.

the firefighters say they're going to let it burn out, and protect the other exstuingshed tanks - seems a little un environmetally friendly - i guess they've run out of foam whistle.gif

thumbs-up.gif Thats a magic car that is.

The numberplate even melted though wink_o.gif

Superficially it seems pretty odd that the windows, at least, arent broken (the small surface area involved maybe?), what is it, a Hyundai or something? They should use it for an advert.

Although it does look like that building behind was made of pretty flimsy stuff.

It's a Honda.

The building behind is a warehouse, using standard twin metal skin construction with a sandwich of insulation so no, it's not particularly resiliant to explosion but nevertheless, this was 200 yards from the aviation fuel tanks which exploded first.

I think part of the reason it survived so well is that the blast came from the direction I was standing when I took the picture and the aerodynamic shape probably helped. The blast wave just washed over it. Cars are usually more aerodynamic than buildings. smile_o.gif

It's a Honda.

The building behind is a warehouse, using standard twin metal skin construction with a sandwich of insulation so no, it's not particularly resiliant to explosion but nevertheless, this was 200 yards from the aviation fuel tanks which exploded first.

I think part of the reason it survived so well is that the blast came from the direction I was standing when I took the picture and the aerodynamic shape probably helped. The blast wave just washed over it. Cars are usually more aerodynamic than buildings. smile_o.gif

Sell this story to the Sun tounge2.gif

I'd sooner sell it to Honda, if the model concerned hadn't been out of production for 3 years. smile_o.gif

There's more to it though. I left my depot 25 mintes before the explosion. I've been very lucky this week!

bloody hell.. lol - that would make a great photo, compared to what happened to some cars in the area (see previous photos)

i think you've used a fair few of your 9 lives (if you were a cat)