Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD 1.4 OUT

Hi hi,

i mentioned it already but what i want to underline is the perfekt / professional work. I love this mod and many other community members love this one, too

I think it is time and worth to promote this mod on official game sites such as www.gamestar.de or www.pcgames.de (e.g. for german game sites) with a official mod trailer.

from my point of view this fdf mod 1.4 can have the same status as desert combat has had for bf42.

anyone interessted to promote this mod?

so, if someone is willing to create a video/trailer with an seperate feature/gameplay introduction to poste them on many game sites?

I think that many people are interested to play a game with this enormous tactical possibilities and a lot of ofp players can be reactivated.

After some testing I ran into something weird.

The russian bomber plane explodes whenever I drop the second bomb. I first thought that one bomb hits another so I dropped the first and repeated the bombrun. I guess it took me a minute to come back to my target and when I dropped the 2nd bomb my plane just went boom again huh.gif

Panzerschreck´s visor is not working correct. I have to aim very much to the left to get a centred shot on a target. In fact I shot about 20 tanks last night to practice the weapon. I guess the problem is that the tube is very much to the right, while the visor is more or less centred on the player.

I´ll report back if I find some more.

Great mod anyway smile_o.gif

When you drop the bombs, are you in dive? I know that it sometimes can cause the geometries of the 2 to collide..

That usually happens when you drop the bombs too quickly. Like FW200 said, the bombs will collide and blow up.

i had the bomb problem as well, only when i was manual firing it - i was in level flight and clicked the fire button as quickly as possible - then boom

i went back, was a little slower, and same effect confused_o.gif

Just a question, how can the weapon from LIBERATION Mod be used in FDF?? It seems the stuff of the two Mods couldn't be used together in game. A pity...

I also mentioned that I drive can drive through an other tank. Has anybody else got the same issue?

Quote[/b] ]When you drop the bombs, are you in dive?

No. As I was conducting test on all the planes and new equipment I kept it steady on altitude and speed. No diving. I tried it at least 10 times and always went boom, even after having long pauses (30 seconds to 1 minute) between the two bombs. The second bomb just explodes every time. Sabotage ? biggrin_o.gif

Great great mod I've got to say! I'm really impressed, since this is the first time in OFP that air support really makes sence in MP games. I just finished the two SP plane missions, the one with the fokker was quite hard. But the planes are no way overpowered, and you've got to try really hard if you want to support the ground units.

One bug I just noticed: The Curtis Hawk tends to jump around on the ground. Bad geo lod?

the SP mission where you have to shoot the guys on the ice is genius - great fun, yet quite hard to master the strafing runs - none of the HE bombardment biggrin_o.gif

Just a question, how can the weapon from LIBERATION Mod be used in FDF?? It seems the stuff of the two Mods couldn't be used together in game. A pity...

The configs are different so they are probably horribly unbalanced anyway.

Quote[/b] ]i had the bomb problem as well, only when i was manual firing it - i was in level flight and clicked the fire button as quickly as possible - then boom

I think you really have to be on the level, check that horizon display in DB-3 cockpit for example to make sure. Dive bombing doesn't work at the moment since Bomb geo lod and bomber's tail probably collide. Then again, DB-3 is hardly a dive-bomber anyway.

the SP mission where you have to shoot the guys on the ice is genius - great fun, yet quite hard to master the strafing runs - none of the HE bombardment biggrin_o.gif

Yeah! I love that mission (Red Skies is good too). Easily the best aircraft mission I've ever played in OFP.

In fact all the missions I've played so far are great - they definately give you a sense of time and place and that you're fighting a battle as a part of a bigger war. Excellent mission making.

Yeah! I love that mission (Red Skies is good too). Easily the best aircraft mission I've ever played in OFP.

In fact all the missions I've played so far are great - they definately give you a sense of time and place and that you're fighting a battle as a part of a bigger war. Excellent mission making.

Heh, I like this music in that mission. =)

I also mentioned that I drive can drive through an other tank. Has anybody else got the same issue?

Jep...I could drive through a lot of trees, big stone blocks and other objekts with a tank.

Can't recall the type of tank though .... whistle.gif

Jep...I could drive through a lot of trees, big stone blocks and other objekts with a tank.

Can't recall the type of tank though .... whistle.gif

I'd say it was T-34/85 M44, "Sotka". It seems that the geolod has broken down during binarizing.

Just loaded up the 43-44 Soviet rifle squad in the editor and all the AI PPsh display as empty (no magazines in gun).

Just loaded up the 43-44 Soviet rifle squad in the editor and all the AI PPsh display as empty (no magazines in gun).

The problem is that the ppsh41 and other weapons use multiple types of magazines. In the case of the ppsh41 there is the 71rd drum mag and the 35rd hornmagazine. Each one is represented on the weapon model.

The problem with AI is that unless they spot an enemy, their weapons will remain without magazine. What you could do is to trick the AI, by placing an enemy soldier as captive. This is the only known solution so far and works rather well combined with setpos commands for scripted sequences for example. Alternatively, you can just delete the captive after a second and/or set your own troops to careless in the meantime.

So, while there is no actual problem with the weapons not working (the ammo is in the inventory and they will use them just fine), there will always be this minor problem of the magazines only showing up with AI soldiers after they have spotted hostile troops, unless you use the above trick.  smile_o.gif

hey guys i love your work ive been playing FDF 1.3 whilst waiting for 1.4 to download and i cant remember FDF being this good

i had to uninstall it ages ago but i got round to reinstalling it today and i played a few of my missions with it, plain addons but the effects were soooo amazing there was a time when i actually started to run off andrenaline since i had my speakers on full and when you get shot by a sniper out of no where you get quite a shock

i never thought a game could make me so scared of actually being shot it was so good and all down to the sounds i say aswell as the effects

how cna i get FDF sounds to work with normal OFP i love them so much i cant beleive i was missing this i cant remember it being so good

I love your work and cant wait for 1.4 to be downloaded

also one thing the campaign in 1.3 says to be continued do we pick it up with 1.4 ?

also one thing the campaign in 1.3 says to be continued do we pick it up with 1.4 ?

It has said so since 1.2, figure the math. wink_o.gif

I find it difficult to take-off in the mission "Red skies" because the dashboard is very high and there is no 3rd person view possible.

Is 3rd person view disabled by default in FDF?

I find it difficult to take-off in the mission "Red skies" because the dashboard is very high and there is no 3rd person view possible.

Is 3rd person view disabled by default in FDF?

Nothing like that, 3rd person works fine for me. But in takeoff, you might consider taking more speed before pulling back like said in previous posts.

Quote[/b] ]I also found such problem during the game. Whether you could fix such small bug? Anyway, it seems not very realistic with the empty magazines when in safe mode.

It might be a small bug but currently it's an OFP Engine feature that we can't fix or alter.

Either you have entirely separate weapon classes for box and drum mag SMGs with mags incompatible with each other or this current system which I would choose any day over some graphical annoyance with AIs.