Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD 1.4 OUT

Truly an enjoyable mod. I´ve played with it for two days non-stop now. Several high quality WWII missions are already availiable for download at http://fdf.joltan.de

I found some minor bugs while playing with the aircraft. Don´t know if it was mentioned already but the planes can fly through trees without crashing. Forrests stops them, though. This problem only exists with single trees placed outside the forrest areas.

adding to that, it seems that the wings are non effected by bullet fire - i've been dogfighting the hurricanes to death, and have noticed that i only do damge if i hit the main fuselage

given how the huricane and spitfires were built, this is quite realistic, but i'd somehow expect some damage from shooting the wings (or is it just me having this problem)

Truly an enjoyable mod. I´ve played with it for two days non-stop now. Several high quality WWII missions are already availiable for download at http://fdf.joltan.de

I found some minor bugs while playing with the aircraft. Don´t know if it was mentioned already but the planes can fly through trees without crashing. Forrests stops them, though. This problem only exists with single trees placed outside the forrest areas.

adding to that, it seems that the wings are non effected by bullet fire - i've been dogfighting the hurricanes to death, and have noticed that i only do damge if i hit the main fuselage

given how the huricane and spitfires were built, this is quite realistic, but i'd somehow expect some damage from shooting the wings (or is it just me having this problem)

Speaking from a pilot's point of view, I'd be willing to bet it's impossible for you to know if you are hitting the wings. Half of the time you think you're hitting the enemy plane and you're actually missing - the only way to know for sure you've got him is if you see flashes on the fueselage, smoke, or if he crashes. If you've holed his wings it's not going to be noticeable unless you pull up right alongside him, and can get him to stay perfectly still for however amount of time you need to get a good look.

thats not the point mind... im talking on a addon point of view, saying that i dont seem to be able to physically hit the wings, and was wondering if they were absent from the fire lod.

I'm the one who made a mistake with the geo lod on almost all planes, we will try to fix it when possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience smile_o.gif

Only got to try it out as of today, cause we still had a 1.3 MP yesterday. It's sweet! The look and feel are all that we are used to from FDF, simply amazing. And then there is the new cool sounds, the music that creates tremendous atmosphere, the really well done fortifications and new possibilities. Really great stuff, and all that from a mod that was supposed to have stopped working... wink_o.gif

Can't wait to try it out in multiplayer next wednesday!

About the planes, there should be AI versions of the planes with lower detail cockpits. Right now I get low fps when there are more then 4 planes present in the same area. My specs: AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb, GeForce6600 128mb

FW2000, no appologies needed mate - glad that its not just my bad flying biggrin_o.gif

unfortunatly though, my HD is filling up, and FDF has had to suffer the indignity of the trash bin till i buy a new 250 gb HD whistle.gif

1.4 is pretty good. I especially like the trenches, and the overall goodies you guys do (like freezing the water in the winter island - brilliant).

I just want to say, thanks for all your hard work!

ski's are a nice touch - i may have to speak to one of you about those wink_o.gif see if UKF can put them to good use.

the ski and sled are great too - just realised the passenger in the back tounge2.gif

Is it me or do AI ski slow?

Just me then...

Skis are based on the OFP bicycles, which have the same problem. I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it.

really great pack,

thanks to the FDF Mod Team to release the pack. smile_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

Skis are based on the OFP bicycles, which have the same problem. I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it.

Thats a shame.

aaah - explains the how the skis go up and down... do ofp bicyles allow animations to be aplied to them? as the poles moving would have been a welcome addition

Great Work! FDF!!! I really like the new maps, Soviet tank pack and helmet which is the most realsitic Soviet WW2 helmet I've been expecting!!

I have no internet at home, have to go to the local library, started dl 4hrs ago @ 15.7kb/s. got to 97% then "Connection with the server has been reset".

rofl.gif YEAH! I LOVE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!

Never

Never

NEVER do that to me again.

Now come here so I can kiss you.

edit: some time later-

I found a small gripe. The elevators on your fokker fighter plane are reversed. The trailing edge should fall when the stick is pushed forward, and should rise as it is pulled back. Likewise, the aircraft's nose nose should point down as the elevator's trailing edge is pulled up, and fall as it is pushed down.

great pack , but why do all these people dl the mod THEN NOT PLAY IN MP!!!!!!  banghead.gif

If you like serious coops, join us at CiA tomorrow evening (21.00 CET) for some FDF 1.4 action. I'm afraid there will not be many missions available using the new stuff, but it's the mod anyway. check out this thread if you're interested.

Kyllikki server is open to everyone:

http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/forum.php

Sometimes there are private games when server is closed from public, but most of the time everyone is welcome. Taken that you follow rules stated in that link.

Oh and it is and probably always will be directplay server since sockets has some serious reliability issues on some of our members.

For new coops/SP etc maps remember to check out the

Repository

Found out a slight bug

When you put the skis down after having them on your back, you cannot get in them. You also cannot pick them up again most of the time confused_o.gif

Other than that its a great pack. I've already got a long, hard mission planned for it wink_o.gif

Found out a slight bug

When you put the skis down after having them on your back, you cannot get in them. You also cannot pick them up again most of the time confused_o.gif

Other than that its a great pack. I've already got a long, hard mission planned for it wink_o.gif

actually... wait a few seconds and walk around them - i initially thought the same, but after a short time, the option appeared again to get in them - i think its some sort of initialisation period

During a mission I noticed two bugs.

First thing, when deploying the tripod from the Maxim it always faces north.

Second thing, tanks don't want to cross bridges. Not on the normal summer island nor on the winter island.

Quote[/b] ]First thing, when deploying the tripod from the Maxim it always faces north.

Not a bug, OFP issue. Thats why the carryable MG's have the unrealistic 360 degree turn radius. If there was just 'turn left' or 'turn right' commands AI would not be able to turn them.

Quote[/b] ]Second thing, tanks don't want to cross bridges. Not on the normal summer island nor on the winter island.

Try putting them on limited speed and column formation. Behaviour to Careless or Safe.

Whoooo! A legand is reborn!

It feels like FDF's first major release all over again!

I can't belive this is just an "update!" Well done!Love it! And thanks for taking the time to finish it! notworthy.gif