Sign in to follow this  
MikkoFin

FDFMOD 1.4 OUT

Hmm, FDF acts a bit weird to me. Let me explain it:

I set up a mission. I'm a Finnish sniper and a squad of ruskies is attacking me. They close on me and I shoot 3 of them. The rest of them turns around and runs back to the point where I placed them on the map. Than they come to me again, I shoot a few of them and they run back again. I tried it with russian sniper vs finnish squad and tanks vs tanks. But still the one who is attacked runs back to the point I placed them on the map.

Is this supposed to be so?

No your supposed to kill them so they cannot run away! rofl.gif

no seriously Ive had the same problem but I guess its got more to do with the overall stupidity of the AI...

there also was a line to prevent such things occuring, something like allow fleeing Ive forgotten.. huh.gif

"this allowFleeing 0" and the Red Army will stand and fight.. You could start missing the ol' good fleeing however...

Iv'e got a question to anyone who can answer it:

Who were the soviet Partisans? I saw a documentary about them a few years ago, and I was quite intrigued. But that never really got into WHY they weren't in the regular Red Army and what their duties were. Were they somekind of reserves or second-line troops? (IIRC there were some women in the group the documentary revolved around aswell, was that common in the Red Army?)

Also, regarding Finnish troops:

The civilian dressed units in this mod (the ones with guns, obviously tounge2.gif), are they somekind of militia units?

Oh, and thank you FDF-team! Excellent mod! I'm really, really enjoyoing this. You are seriously the best modmakers around, your units may not look extremly flashy or have high polycounts, but they are still the best around, by far. Playing FDFMOD makes me feel like I'm playing the demo again, it just oozes atmosphere biggrin_o.gif Great job, and thousand thanks biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: And the running... Is that really STUPID AI behaviour? Isn't it quite logic to run away if something you can't see is shooting at ya? tounge2.gif

Also, regarding Finnish troops:

The civilian dressed units in this mod (the ones with guns, obviously tounge2.gif), are they somekind of militia units?

The finns had not enough equipment for all so there were reservists who fought in their civil clothes.

I agree about your view of FDF mod.. It's doesn't have the best looking units but instead it's more like OFP within OFP. A mod which offers so much variety, and we all love OFP smile_o.gif

EDIT: And the running... Is that really STUPID AI behaviour? Isn't it quite logic to run away if something you can't see is shooting at ya? tounge2.gif

THAT isn't stupid. Only with FDF they turn around again and charge you until they loose a few men again. They turn around run away and come back again. THAT is stupid.

Iv'e got a question to anyone who can answer it:

Who were the soviet Partisans? I saw a documentary about them a few years ago, and I was quite intrigued. But that never really got into WHY they weren't in the regular Red Army and what their duties were. Were they somekind of reserves or second-line troops? (IIRC there were some women in the group the documentary revolved around aswell, was that common in the Red Army?)

AFAIK they were just normal "resistance" units which did sabotage missions on the enemy. Not sure about their role in the northern eastern front, but might be the Continuation war, when Finland attacked Soviet Union (yeah, sounds quite weird if you compare the sizes of the two).

Great addition to the FDF mod.Thanks for all the hard work! Is it just me or is that finnish fokker with the "swastika" imposible to take off and fly? I am having trouble trying to master the flying skills for it! Any one else having the same trouble EDIT= same goes for the Soviet polikarprov,this to is impossible to get airborne and fly! WTF confused_o.gif

Sorry for the grief mad_o.gif Just red sanctuary's post about flying the plane's, and yes i have mastered the skill of flying them smile_o.gif

Excellent work.

However, it feels to me that the T34 for the ruskies is a wee bit small in the back. It feels rather dwarfish. Shouldnt the back end be a bit longer?

And the AI wont cross bridges. Looked rather odd in our CTI game. More like a staring competition with snipers taking shots.

Other than that I didnt notice too much wrong. I suppose that the drop of the Schreck and bazooka is intentional so I wont talk about it. Even if it makes tank killing a bit hard as even the AI seems to miss.

Great work guys, love the skies, the sounds are cool, the music

is also nice, and i love the fortifications. And the best is, that you decided to release your work against your former statement. Thx alot!!

@Blake

How lazy are you to quote this setunitpos "up" ?? rofl.gif

Just a quick post to say thanks! What a fantastic mod. I love the details, from the music to the menu backgrounds. Really atmospheric. And excellent choice of tanks and planes. Top job!

PS. Nice gunsight on the Hurricane wink_o.gif

ski's are a nice touch - i may have to speak to one of you about those wink_o.gif see if UKF can put them to good use.

the ski and sled are great too - just realised the passenger in the back tounge2.gif

Is it me or do AI ski slow?

Wooo what a surprise. Been away from th internet for 2 days and people realease the good stuff. This, Swat units and Unsung and BW mod.

Excellent mod! I'm so glad you guys released the ww2 pack. However I have a problem. For some reason, OFP is rejecting the mod, and everytime i play, the aim gets worse and worse until it's unplayable. I'm using a clean copy of the FDF 1.3 with it upgraded to 1.4...nothing else. Oh, and i'm running v1.96

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, b/c of the short time that i played it, it was amazing! notworthy.gif

"this allowFleeing 0" and the Red Army will stand and fight.. You could start missing the ol' good fleeing however...

What's the command to apply "this allow fleeing 0" to an entire group? I apologize for the basic scripting question, but I've been away from the community for quite some time and have forgotten all the old mission editing commands.

While I'm on the subject, what is that artillery script FDFMod uses so often? You know the one I'm talking about, the very deadly huge bursts of artillery fire that seem to land randomly each time. They use it in King's Winter, Battle of Casamate, at the start of Carelian Pie... is it an original FDF creation or could I download it from somewhere? I would love to incorporate it into future Eastern Front missions.

What's the command to apply "this allow fleeing 0" to an entire group? I apologize for the basic scripting question, but I've been away from the community for quite some time and have forgotten all the old mission editing commands.

"_x allowfleeing 0" foreach (units group)

Quote[/b] ]

While I'm on the subject, what is that artillery script FDFMod uses so often? You know the one I'm talking about, the very deadly huge bursts of artillery fire that seem to land randomly each time. They use it in King's Winter, Battle of Casamate, at the start of Carelian Pie... is it an original FDF creation or could I download it from somewhere? I would love to incorporate it into future Eastern Front missions.

Just extract the pbo and look for it yourself. Did that myself ages ago. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

If you are talking "model cajander" units they were soldiers during winter war who could not be given anything but a belt and a cockade for an uniform. The name "model cajander" was a rather sarcastic reference to prime minister Aimo Cajander who was blamed for the lack of equipment back then.

Hey guys,

Im just a bit unclear on how you install this mod, do u overwrite all the original fdf 1.3 files with this one or do u create a seperate mod folder?

Tim

Hey guys,

Im just a bit unclear on how you install this mod, do u overwrite all the original fdf 1.3 files with this one or do u create a seperate mod folder?

Tim

From the FDFMOD site:

Quote[/b] ]

Unrar the archive to your Operation Flashpoint directory (for ex. C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\wink_o.gif using the latest RAR software.

However, 1.4 does overwrite some 1.3 files, but I haven't got any crashes yet (which is quite weird, with 1.3 my computer used to have a bad... Um, what's the disease called where you fall asleep randomly?)

narcalepsie smile_o.gif

great work FDF may bring myself to download it once my search to get hold of an xbox 360 stops :P

Wildo

Been playing these for a couple of hours and the only bug I found was the neck on the Soviet Partisan SMG guy. Picture below

WW2bug.jpg

Saatana ! biggrin_o.gif

I will download it today and CiA coop server will be updated until wednesday (if nothing goes wrong).

I´m looking forward on making WW2 missions that will add an extra spin to our coop nights.

Yay ! At the time that ArAs has been set back for a couple of months this update will be very welcome for all of us coop-freaks.

Thank you very much FDF-team for your effort and time.

Welcome to the sled-race biggrin_o.gif

King of the hill could get a new meaning...

Truly an enjoyable mod. I´ve played with it for two days non-stop now. Several high quality WWII missions are already availiable for download at http://fdf.joltan.de

I found some minor bugs while playing with the aircraft. Don´t know if it was mentioned already but the planes can fly through trees without crashing. Forrests stops them, though. This problem only exists with single trees placed outside the forrest areas.