BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

hi verde13,

please try first the solution on page 4. >>> Dec. 13 2005,21:48

In this post the procedure is described exactly.

That would have to help you. smile_o.gif

bye

silola

hi ruckus,

following link should function now again...

http://www.mapfact.net/include....load=go

smile_o.gif

bye

silola

thanks....downloading now smile_o.gif

By the way....This is one of the best things to come to flashpoint. I've been playing this game since it first came out. This really adds what should have been in the origonal game. smile_o.gif

I'm having real issues using this, AND snypirs support pack in MP. I can get a perfectly working mission in editor, but when it exports to MP, it doesn't load the support element. Anyone else experienced this problem?

I was hoping for the same as well. To be honest i havent tried DAC with ArmA yet (need to find out all the classnames etc first), anyone did?

I was hoping for the same as well. To be honest i havent tried DAC with ArmA yet (need to find out all the classnames etc first), anyone did?
Jup, after converting all the needed string --> code  and code --> string things, object position calculations and a few more things here and there

I got DAC+KI v2.0 working, altough I still need to debug quite a lot.(before you ask,im of coarse not sharing any edited work, created by others..so dont ask biggrin_o.gif)

This conversion is of coarse nowhere near the quality of Silola's own work, plus that Silola would be completely redesigning DAC into SQF scripts and functions, aswell as use all the new functions, probably loose a few of the workarounds to get things done in OFP, might even need to add some new workarounds to get things done in ArmA etc..

This ensures a greatly optimized, renewed and feature rich dac smile_o.gif

Afaik he would be making a DAC v1.1 for OFP with many requested features, but this got delayed and moved to ArmA because it was only 1 month before the release of ArmA. If I understood correctly, Silola will be offering those and even more features in the upcoming version smile_o.gif

I'm not sure what's all planned etc, but due to the complexity of DAC I guess Silola will need some time smile_o.gif

In the mean time, you could make use of, as I call it, DAC Lite smile_o.gif (The UPS script by -damnit-forgot-thename- sad_o.gif)

hi,

thank you for the explanation sickboy smile_o.gif

Everything which sickboy said is correct.

It will need some more time, until a new DAC version appears for ArmA.

@sickboy: Is there still ambiguity, with which I can help? (referred to DAC V1)

bye

silola

In the mean time, you could make use of, as I call it, DAC Lite smile_o.gif (The UPS script by -damnit-forgot-thename- sad_o.gif)

It's the "Urban Patrol Script" by Kronzky.

link

Oh...and thanks Silola. Good to hear that DAC will come to ArmA.

hi,

thank you for the explanation sickboy smile_o.gif

Everything which sickboy said is correct.

It will need some more time, until a new DAC version appears for ArmA.

@sickboy: Is there still ambiguity, with which I can help? (referred to DAC V1)

bye

silola

Hi smile_o.gif

Thanks for your always helpfull position Silola!!

If there would be any thing you wish me to help you with, just dial 0-800-SICKBOY (PM) and im your man smile_o.gif)

Well, im having a few issues:

[*] In Multiplayer (deddy) the Server fps goes dangerously low, like jumping between 10-20 fps, but when we are nearing enemies and have shot a few, server fps keeps on going down down down down until a mere 2 fps after let's say 20-30 minutes of play. Even if im alone on the server.

Silly, but in Singleplayer (ingame mp server-editor) there seems no such issue.

I'm going to disable KI2, and try to work with KI1 and KI0 to see if it's related to the KI addon or DAC itself.

I already setup different levels (6) of debugging which I can enable/disable per level to see which loops are running, which scripts are started etc, but I guess I've had too less time to come to any conclussion with it yet smile_o.gif

[*] Somehow i'm having problems with obj heights, and positions of objects compared to sea level etc.  (found GetposASL setposASL etc). So my waypoint generation is not working as it should... generating (vehicle) waypoints in forrests, water, yadi yadi smile_o.gif

I'm having a few free days in the next days so I want to invest some time in shutting down various options and script parts to narrow down the bugs.. Any help on getting the waypoint generator to work properly would be great, well any help is great of coarse!

It's the "Urban Patrol Script" by Kronzky.

link

Thanks! smile_o.gif

Update:

I tried the following things last night:

- Disabled KI2, so went to KI1 didn't really help

- Disabled KI1, so went to KI0 and didn't help

- Disabled spawn camps... and suddenly all the serverfps was happy again... Until you came near the enemies and since then the server fps totally went down again, and kept going down even after leaving the mission area... so i'm going to check the reduction etc. soon

Firstly thank you for such a wonderful tool Silola! A true revolution in OFP.

I have been working on a mission using DAC and I was wondering if it's possible to add the AI reactions (call for support, respond to calls for support) to editor placed units.

I have read through a few pages here, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks again notworthy.gif

Chops

hi Chops,

it's possible for infantry groups only.

You find the solution on page 35 > last post.

ofp rulet tounge2.gif

bye

silola

I just saw this thread spring up and decided to try to figure out what it is. I've always known DAC was some sort of random positioner of troops etc... and that that was a good thing. I've always enjoyed playing missions that featured it but that was the extent of my knowledge. Well I'm not sure if DAC and Kronzky's patrol script are the same, but dam, this script gives a new life to all my editor mission. Not hard at all to get going and gives countless possibilities.

One thing I noticed is when giving my own leader the ups. script, he repeatedly shouts out the same waypoint over and over. Anyway, good stuff.

Sorry if DAC and Kronzky are different biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for your reply Silola.

What I'm trying to do exactly is create a convoy of both HMMWVs and 5t trucks, placed in the editor, that will use the DAC KI to call for help when they are attacked, but wont respond to other units calls for help.

I tried adding to each vehicle in the convoy;

this AddEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Call_Help.sqs"}]

but no luck.

I know I can use user placed waypoints in the DAC zones, but I need more exact control, as they have to move through towns/bases and changing "DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs" doesn't help.

Many thanks

Chops

Edit:

As soon as I typed this post I saw my mistake...

should be

this AddEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Hit_by_Enemy.sqs"}]

For anyone else interested, this seems to work fine smile_o.gif

Hi love ur work

but have a question is there any other ai addone like KI1

i can use with dac

decound one is will there be another version soon

thank smile_o.gif

hi,

Quote[/b] ]Hi love ur work

but have a question is there any other ai addone like KI1

i can use with dac

decound one is will there be another version soon

thank

thx snoofkin911, follow the link ... ;-)

http://www.mapfact.net/include....e125387

Quote[/b] ]should be

this AddEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Hit_by_Enemy.sqs"}]

For anyone else interested, this seems to work fine

I never tried this possibility. Cool that it functions smile_o.gif

Possibly you must remove the group after its dying

still from the following arrays:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(_group in DAC_Hit_Groups):DAC_Hit_Groups = DAC_Hit_Groups - [_group]

?(_group in DAC_Radio_Groups):DAC_Radio_Groups = DAC_Radio_Groups - [_group]

bye

silola

In my opinion DAC is one of the greatest achievement to the OFP community ever. A tool helping mission makers to create awesome missions. There are GB of addons out there with new textures, weapons etc, but in no way there are the same amount of good missions. Silola with his DAC has contributed a lot to adress this issue.

Last post about ARMA and DAC was in 2006, is there any news you can share with us in this respect Silola?

Any way great work, and please keep it up. notworthy.gif

Many thx Batstat smile_o.gif

and yes ... of course DAC will reach Arma.

But sry, I cannot say unfortunately exactly, how long the development still persists.

bye

silola

But Silola, can you tell us how far you have come on the conversion?

Just gotta love DAC, and if anyone can combine it with BAS-f, I think it will be just great...

Is the most current version of DAC still v1.0?

If so perhaps someone who has very carefully implemented some of the fixes in this very long thread could upload their version with a note to what has been added?

Hi there,

I've always loved your DAC Silola notworthy.gif . Ever since OFP, and now I'm considering to play OFP once again.. even though I played ArmA already whistle.gif . Anyway, it's just a compliment to this amazing thing. This post is not a question like 'how long it still takes to finish conversion to ArmA xmas_o.gif '.

Kind regards,

Georilla (6thSense) AKA pirate2 (BIS)

I dig this up agian with a question:

Is there a way to prevent waypoints being generated in spawn zones?

I have a spawn zone z3 which is linked with a waypoint zone z4 both for unarmored vehicles.

Both zones are activated once the player group has been discovered by enemy AI, and the spawned vehicles are supposed to move to waypoints of z4 exclusively. Unfortunately there is always 1 waypoint generated in the spawn zone which hinders at least 1 group to go to the waypoint zone directly or makes units already in the waypoint zone return to the master zone after some time.

Initialization of spawn zone z3

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z3,[3,1,0],[ ],[3,3,0,3],[ ],[ ],[0,666,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

Initialization of waypoint zone z4

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z4,[3,1,0],[ ],[10],[ ],[ ],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

hello nepumuk,

DAC needs always at least one waypoint in every master zone.

Even if you give no waypoint, DAC will generate, nevertheless, exactly 1 waypoint.

He needs this one waypoint to generate a group.

If you liked to suppress this waypoint with the movement of the group,

you must change a script.

With this intervention you prevent that the group runs back in her master zone.

Every group gets an Array in which the waypoints are filed.

The start position is always the last entry in this Array, if I properly remember this. icon_rolleyes.gif

Now you must try to ignore this waypoint if the group selects her next random waypoint.

Please wait a moment, I must think of the position in the script where we insert the change.

OK, we do an attempt.

Please, opens the script "DAC\KI_1\DAC_Move_to_WP".

There you search please to this code "(random ((count _wparray) - 1))".

You find the code in line 80 and 178.

Then change the code to "(random ((count _wparray) - 2))". This is everything ... i hope ;-)

Try this and reports the result please. Okay ? smile_o.gif

@pirate2

sorry, I have not noted your post sad_o.gif

Many thanks for your praise and . . .

DAC for Arma is ready very soon whistle.gif

bye

Silola

Thanks for the support Silola, unfortunately with your customization the units in the spawn zone do not move at all.

Anyway it is okay the way it is, as I use the zone for spawning reinforcements, it is not so bad that some units do not move to the linked WP zone immediatley. So I have a second wave of reinforcements which will arrive a bit later smile_o.gif

Just discovered this mod, and want to ask acouple of things:

1-I have a Vietnam Experience installation, can I use DAC on that island with that addons??

I simply want to add random Vietcong patrols so every time I made a patrol in different zones I can met more or less oposition or no opsition at all.

2-Any way to add friendly units?? and with Choppers? You know Vietnam is a helo war!!

Thank's and thank's also for the addon!!

P.S. Do you know If wounded soldiers can ask for Dustoff chopper extraction??