BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

ok am deeply troubled i done a test on desert island and as the zones being created it shrinks to a tiny little square then all the waypoints build on top of one another.. i made a small vid of it. wink_o.gif

its fresh install of dac too wink_o.gif

i dont understand.. becuase i put one of your demo missions in right and it worked with that.. i trasfered the trigger from your demo script on the test mission on the desert island it worked.. and the one i made didnt, i double checked the codes together and the were the same except names.. unbeliveable crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Ok i put 1 trigger down it worked [trigger from dac_example_1] and then i copyied and pasted that trigger and put the names to z2 and this was the result.. both triggers the same..

wtf.jpg

here is the mission also for someone to try and help me smile_o.gif

dactest.rar [right click save as]

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

tested the mission and found that you have forgoten to change the activation to anybody,

try that and see if thats your problem, i changed the units from BAS opfor to BIS east but i dont think that should be a problem

edit: the other activation (once or repeatly) was set on once and it should be repeatly, it works both ways but in the readme it says it should be repeatly so you better use that smile_o.gif

tested the mission and found that you have forgoten to change the activation to anybody,

try that and see if thats your problem, i changed the units from BAS opfor to BIS east but i dont think that should be a problem

edit: the other activation (once or repeatly) was set on once and it should be repeatly, it works both ways but in the readme it says it should be repeatly so you better use that smile_o.gif

inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Your my saviour.. it worked i made it anyone and repeatdly.. omg it works.. finally woow woow

thankyou!

inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Your my saviour.. it worked i made it anyone and repeatdly.. omg it works.. finally woow woow

thankyou!

hehe

glad i could help

hi,

the Mission.sqm does not correspond to the upper illustration icon_rolleyes.gif

In the Mission.sqm is only one zone with infantry registered.

In the pic are however no markers for infantry help.gif

I am not safe whether DAC makes a difference between Z2 and z2.

Is better, you changes this little thing wink_o.gif

Otherwise I cannot find anything incorrect.

bye

silola

EDIT: oops...to late...thx zigzag

@silola is there any difference if you set the activation to once or repeatly

hmm. I do not know exactly whether it is compellingly necessary.

Always adjust in the case of doubt to “repeatlyâ€. wink_o.gif

bye

silola

Hi Silola, in continuing my CTI+DAC mission I've come across this small problem, concerning placed waypoints.

I've successfully placed waypoints for unarmed vehicles to patrol from town center to town center, and they use almost exclusively the roads between, which is very nice, exactly what I wanted.

I placed a logic object with 33 waypoints, ingame I get all these waypoints plus one extra random one, no problems with that. The non-armored snippet is as follows:

[10,3,0,33]

I found in small tests that I need to have that 0 in the third slot to force only logic unit waypoints, otherwise I get 66 waypoints, the number I specified plus the logic unit ones.

But occasionally (about 10%-25% of games) I get no town waypoints at all, and all the vehicles spawn in the same place and don't move from there for the whole session. Is this a common occurrence, and is there a workaround or a fix?

Kindest regards

DMarkwick

hi smile_o.gif

I do not know this strange behavior yet.

Examine first the attitudes of all zones.

Next deactivate for a test all other zones (time > 1000000)

Is this incorrect behavior then still there?

There is still the possibility of starting the zones something deferred.

Start not all zones with “time > 1†start, but

the problem zone with “time > 2†or “time > 3â€.

Perhaps this tip is helpful. hope so.

bye

silola

hi smile_o.gif

I do not know this strange behavior yet.

Examine first the attitudes of all zones.

Next deactivate for a test all other zones (time > 1000000)

Is this incorrect behavior then still there?

There is still the possibility of starting the zones something deferred.

Start not all zones with “time > 1†start, but

the problem zone with “time > 2†or “time > 3â€.

Perhaps this tip is helpful. hope so.

bye

silola

Thanks for the reply Silola. There is only one zone, it covers almost the entire map.

By the way - have I got the logic right with the waypoints? Is having "0" for group waypoint count the right decision?

Might have fixed it - there were one or perhaps two waypoints that might have been outside the zone. Difficult to tell as they were right on the edge. I increased the zone size slightly, so fingers crossed smile_o.gif

just thought mapfact might be interested to learn that PC Gamer UK featured a 'build it yourself OFP mission' using the DAC stuff... unfortunatly they only referenced that is wa Mapfact DAC, but failed to link any website etc, just ofp.info, the official forums and OFPEC.

just thought mapfact might be interested to learn that PC Gamer UK featured a 'build it yourself OFP mission' using the DAC stuff... unfortunatly they only referenced that is wa Mapfact DAC, but failed to link any website etc, just ofp.info, the official forums and OFPEC.

Ah, thanks for info. smile_o.gif Can you say more about that "build it yourself mission", was DAC on their CD or how did they do that?

I'll write up a better description in the morning - no scanner unfortunatly - but essentially they had a 20 step tutorial on how to create a basic mission using DAC, and yes, DAC was included on the demo DVD.

the actual tutorial was written in the magazine, and i dont have a scanner, only DAC was on the CD. Im too lazy to type everything but will try and get hold of a scanner later, but to wet your appetites, the intro reads:

Quote[/b] ]Operation flashpoint's core strength lie in the fact that it's basically just a tool set for creating your own campaigns. Yet the community havn't just left it to the editor. Enter Mapfact, one of the most respected add0on studios in the OFP community. With their dynamic ai creator script swuite, tou can quickly create random, linked, cohesive battles. What's more, you'll never play the same game twice.

Hi,

Once i again i need your help.I've been trying to create a script,at startscriptlocal,which will tell the generated units to go to a marker.All my efforts have failed and i'm getting desperate.Could really use some help.

Hi,

I just spent a very pleasant hour or so at work reading through much of this thread. Upto about page 25 i think. Can someone tell me though, whether any/some or none of the code snippets throughout this thread have been updated in the download?

I'm dying to get home, and get this thing going, but the thought of having to make so many changes is a little daunting to say the least. crazy_o.gif If no changes have been made, is there anyone out there who has kept some sort of updated version which I could use? confused_o.gif

hi,

sorry, please some more wait, since I am for the moment very busy.

Perhaps I have this evening the time to answer that. confused_o.gif

Or somebody else can maybe help wink_o.gif

The available Download does not contain changes, which were discussed here in the forum. It is still DAC V 1.0

bye

silola

Are their any mirrors to download DAC and Zonewriter? I'd like to start work on a Dynamic AI map and I used to have this stuff before I reloaded windows, but now I need to download all the stuff again.

Hi Silola,

Could you please help me out with my request at page 38?

Thanks