BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Thanks Silola for the patch. Excellent to see these issues resolved so easily. notworthy.gif

Can anyone out there answer my unanswered question from above:

Quote[/b] ]Do global spawns still require a spawn camp to work?

As for a Wiki: far too much work for a small audience. I am sure Silola would not mind if you set one up though wink_o.gif

Those of us who are old farts, and still suffer from time-management disorders, know how hard it is to do that one extra thing, especially if it involves new learning. Since I started testing coop mission for LOL, I have almost no time left for mission making or even just playing OFP. goodnight.gif

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Do global spawns still require a spawn camp to work?

correctly. For Respawns during a mission, a camp is required.

bye and cu later wink_o.gif

silola

Great Job on the code... works flawless!

Made my own addition.. The Destruction and Deletion of camps... I connected it to the same variable... it won't destory until the players are further away than DAC_KI_Spawn select 4 (In DAC_Move_Camp.sqs in KI_0 and KI_1):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;-----------------------------

#EndCamp

;-----------------------------

?((DAC_KI_Spawn select 3) == 0):exit

~5

_buildingC = _camparray select 0;_buildingD = _camparray select 3

?(({(((_x distance _buildingC) < (DAC_KI_Spawn select 4)) && (alive _x))} count DAC_Players) > 0):goto "EndCamp"

~60 + random 30

_explo = "shell73" camcreate getpos _buildingA

~5 + random 5

_explo = "shell73" camcreate getpos _buildingB

_buildingB setdammage 1

~2 + random 2

_explo = "shell73" camcreate getpos _buildingC

~0.5 + random 0.5

deletevehicle _buildingC

_explo = "shell73" camcreate getpos _buildingD

~0.5 + random 0.5

deletevehicle _buildingD

exit

Heightend the wait time to 5 seconds

Grr Ive been trying for ages Whats the Problem?huh.gif

I keep getting this ERROR!!!

argh.jpg

I have 2 zones set up.. [big zones]

Main Zone

Quote[/b] ][Z1,[1,0,0],[],[],[5,4,5,3],[],[0,0,1]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

Waypoint Zone

Quote[/b] ][Z2,[1,0,0],[],[],[10],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

so where am i going wrong??

Either the zones are still too small, placed on a wrong location (much water, forrests, buildings... not much free space etc. etc.) or you should tune the DAC Waypoints file to allow waypoint creation in such zone. (The DAC Readme contains the explainations of the parameters etc.)

The idea of a wiki is that everyone can and should help to build it.

So the main issue for the start is to get a host and to merge the readme into it in a reasonable way.

ofpc.de/hx3.de offers hosting for such kind of projects.

or you should tune the DAC Waypoints file to allow waypoint creation in such zone. (The DAC Readme contains the explainations of the parameters etc.)

to be exact:

DAC_Config_Waypoint.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#WP_Typ_3

;-----------> | Tank |

;///////////////////////////

_CheckRadius = 40

Change this to about 10 or 17, works ok for cities on DMA Lybia.

edit:

time for some DAC moments smile_o.gif

Populated a whole town and put some enemys into aswell

ofp_dac1.jpg

The pickup really stopped there and a civi walked right up to it

ofp_dac2.jpg

You guess it, gotta swith Kiowa for Apache - asap

ofp_dac3.jpg

Last two pictures is me trying to survive after being shot down with a chinook. The lot of support requests made by the enemy is a bad forecast though and it didn´t last very long confused_o.gif

http://hx3.de/files/team/mrburns/ofp_dac5.jpg

http://hx3.de/files/team/mrburns/ofp_dac6.jpg

Wasn't in the mood of reading german, nor looking trough the 23 pages of this thread.

Are there any "DAC for dummies"-tutorials out there?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Hi there guys, having a problem with DAC. I've used it many times before but in this one mission i've started i now get this error:

problem.jpg

Any ideas. It only shows up the error when markers are on but no matter what it doesn't measure the zone. Comes up with the measuring bit but instead of numbers it says string 0x etc and is very confusing, any ideas?

Are there any "DAC for dummies"-tutorials out there?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Maybe just download and try. Theres an english summary.pdf included which comes pretty close to a "- for dummies" tut.

Also reading the whole readme is really worth it since it´s well written and sooner or later you´d want to do it anyways biggrin_o.gif

edit:

Hi there guys, having a problem with DAC. I've used it many times before but in this one mission i've started i now get this error:

http://raab.ofpcentral.co.uk/cobra/problem.jpg

Any ideas. It only shows up the error when markers are on but no matter what it doesn't measure the zone. Comes up with the measuring bit but instead of numbers it says string 0x etc and is very confusing, any ideas?

Have you probably used the optional "set marker size" function in the DAC init and changed the triggers size w/o updating the init?

Haven't touched any of that stuff. Just added in the thing from the typewriter and created the trigger.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Very annoying.

I did simply tutorial but in Polish wink_o.gif

So another vote for wiki page I guess smile_o.gif

DAC works always, but there are some easy to made mistakes, like wrong size of the zones, wrong waypoint definitions, forgeting about Server GameLogic (for MP). Most common (for me in the past). If you learn DAC carefully, it can make you almost anything (well, I did not try with cafe making :P)

Does someone have a WGL5 DAC units config lying around? Would save me some work wink_o.gif

Does someone have a WGL5 DAC units config lying around? Would save me some work wink_o.gif

Me not, but please post it if you get one smile_o.gif

Silly me, such an addon (an especially made by you guys) should come with an tut.. I've should've understood that tounge2.gif

I'm trying to include VTE units in DAC. If I put regular units, all is OK. As soon as I change the zone's unit config to (thanks dude, here's the corrected one):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_2000

;#####################################################

;EDITOR  Vietcong units

_Unit_Pool_S = ["VTE_nvcrew","VTE_nvcrew","VTE_vcofficer","VTE_vcsoldier"]

;,"VTE_vcsoldier2","VTE_vcsoldier3", etc. just for editing the above

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

goto "SetPool"

I get these error messages huh.gif :

'_temprndunit - ((units _group) select _rnd_vn_unit)|#|': Error Zero divisor'

'_p < _rndpause) && (alive ((units _group) select _rnd_vn_unit)) && |#| (behaviour (leader _group) == _vn_curbeh) && ((count (untis _group...' don't see more

and

'if ((! _hurt) && ({_x == ((units _group) select _rnd_vn_unit)} count VTE_HURT_UNITS == 0) && (getDammage ((units _group) select _rnd_...' don't see more

I'm stuck, because if in the config I put only the crew & the VC officer, it's ok. As soon as I insert more units, this happens. Hope someone helps, because I really got no idea how to avoid these errors.

BTW I'm trying to combine the DMA template with DAC, altough it seems to me that they don't collide (no probs with BIS units).

I'm trying to include VTE units in DAC. If I put regular units, all is OK. As soon as I change the zone's unit config to:

#Unit_Config_2000

;EDITOR Vietcong units

_Unit_Pool_S = ["VTE_nvcrew","VTE_nvcrew","VTE_vcofficer","VTE_vcsoldi

er"]

;,"VTE_vcsoldier2",.. etc. just for easy editing

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

It seems the forum messed up your unit config, although if it´s like that in your config too you´ve already got the error biggrin_o.gif

Could be better to post it in code Tags (needs to be copied from config again since just adding the tag would´nt restore it).

Here´s an example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_58

;EDITOR CSLA Miliz

;Addons

_Unit_Pool_S = ["CSLA2_Tankista","CSLA2_Pilot","CSLA2_lm_officer","CSLA2_lm_radio","CSLA2_lm_leader","CSLA2_lm","CSLA2_lm","CSLA2_lmMG"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

goto "SetPool"

The problem seems a serious one, because when I tried VTE units without the DMA template, no errors occur. So:

(always using DAC)+

VTE + DMA = errors

BIS + DMA = no error

VTE = no error

Got no clue.

The difference between VTE + DME and BIS + DMA is really just the change in the zone, using config 2000 or the default unit config!

I'm having a weird problem with DAC. Enemy infantry AT units refuse to fire on player armor. I am using WGL5.

I've tried naming the tank, naming the tank and the armor crew, and just the armor crew. Any combination mention doesn't work. The infantry recognizes the tank as a threat and moves in to engage, but they just sit there. Enemy infantry still reacts viciously to infantry, however.

When I try to turn off the new DAC AI I get some error and squads do not inflate normally, or even react to players.

In WGL5 the AI is pretty open about using infantry based AT weaponry. I would like to get this to work!

In the mission I am working on, DAC camps automatically repair themselves after being destroyed. About ten seconds after being destroyed, they seem to setdammage 0.

Is this a feature or a bug? Is it possible to stop this from happening?

Altough not many answers recently in this thread, I've got a problem:

I set up a couple of zones: I've got in total: about 15 groups, about 100 units, and 112 waypoints. Everything goes ok.

If I add a new zone, I get the _setmarkerpos error message (already mentioned in this thread). For testing, I tweaked the DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs:

#WP_Typ_1

;----------->    | Soldier |

_CheckRadius = 5

_checkAreaH  = 60

_checkMaxH   = 1200

_checkMinH   = 2

_checkNear   = 0

_checkObjH   = 50

_checkCount  = 400

_TempWPArray = DAC_WP_Pool_S

Also tried various _checkCount up to 6000, and still get the message. I tried putting the zone on top of an already existing one, and still the errors occur, which really confuses me. The new waypoint count is 132.

I came to the conclusion that the _setmarkerpos can be avoided by turning markers off in the DAC config, altough in that case editing is tougher.

Max. I got without errors is about 100 wp's, 18 groups and 63 soldiers.

huh.gif

Just tested and about 141 WP´s worked fine.

omg wheee

I´d say, double check your triggers for errors first, if nothing helps try to define some zomes as inactive as long as the player don´t get there, and deactivate futile zones...just a shot into the blue though, hopefully mapfact comes back soon smile_o.gif

@tacrod: Maybe the remaining troops are sent to "repair" bases, have you tried destroying camps w/o any respawns left?