BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

@sickboy:

The problem is repaired with this change.

Thank you very much notworthy.gif Silola notworthy.gif

I'm gonna check it out tonight!

p.s. the change is not going to mess up any other type of vehicle etc right? smile_o.gif I guess you would've told me if it would, but better be certain rofl.gif

UPDATE:

It is not working sad_o.gif I still get the sound, changes are exactly as you did. How did you configure waypoints & groupsize?

I think I read in the code that when there is only 1 crew position in a vehicle, the driver should be manned. Maybe the problem is in that, since there is no driver position in the stationary gun, only a gunner pos .. But I could be wrong, bit tired smile_o.gif

Thanks for any assistance notworthy.gif

Sorry sickboy, yesterday I was probably a little bit too tired.

Here now the right solution: restore first this state...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_lcommander assignascommander _name

_lcommander moveincommander _name

_lgunner assignasgunner _name

_lgunner moveingunner _name

_ldriver assignasdriver _name

_ldriver moveindriver _name

OK, then the line 136 to 143, them look as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#groupready

_name setvelocity [0,10,0]

~0.1

_name setvelocity [0,5,0]

?(_sj == 1):_egroup = group _ldriver

?(_sj == 2):_egroup = group _lgunner

?((DAC_KI_AddOn == 0) || (_groupside == 3)):goto "ki_0"

goto format["KI_%1",DAC_KI_AddOn]

The lines with "setvelocity" can be completely removed:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#groupready

?(_sj == 1):_egroup = group _ldriver

?(_sj == 2):_egroup = group _lgunner

?((DAC_KI_AddOn == 0) || (_groupside == 3)):goto "ki_0"

goto format["KI_%1",DAC_KI_AddOn]

Sorry over again, I had overlooked this little thing, because I had inserted before "exit" banghead.gif

Please, say to me whether it functions now.

bye

silola

hi again smile_o.gif

@Shinbusan:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#Few days ago I found out how usefull are gamelogics and their waypoints in DAC :)

#I think the good think would be small change. When you set azimuth for GameLogic you have 1-5 options. But maybe you could do it on a bit basis, so one GL could set waypoints for infrantry and vehicles, or vehicles, tanks and bases and so on? This should be easy.

I am not sure whether I understand you properly.

Every unit category must have own Waypoint pools. With it

is made sure that it comes to no problems.

Can you give me an example with it I can understand your suggestion?

This Feature is normaly enough in this form icon_rolleyes.gif

@MrZig:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#Can you tell me how exactly DAC priorities threats, and reacts to them by calling in reinforcements, etc? Do they retreat, surrender, etc? Is there a way to turn off this dynamic behavior to use yer own set of AI scripts like grouplink?

You can insert in addition to DAC still GroupLink groups.

That wonderfully functions. We have tested this quite several times.

The groups must be treated only separately.

Here, in addition, a few more coarse explanations to the AI:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Every group which gets in difficulties tries to request for support.

Which time she does this and how actually it does this, depends on the strength of the leader(group).

A good leader(group) does not wait long, before he requests for support.

Also the frequency is quicker with which he tries to request for other groups.

A bad leader(group) waits first, because he thinks that he can remove the menace without help.

If then he calls for help, this happens more slowly.

A leader tries to request first for the groups in his nearness, before he asks the far away groups for help.

However, not every group can come as a support. There are groups which themselves are in difficulties,

or other groups to which it is not allowed to leave her zone.

The groups which confirm a support interrupt her topical move order to perform help to the threatened group.

The supporting groups get always 2 positions informed:

The position of the group which asks for support and a position, where was noted in the possibly enemy's contact.

The groups decide by calculation of the distance. As a rule the shortest distance is chosen.

If the groups on the way get to the support even in difficulties, the running support is broken off.

Then these groups will also request again for support.

An infantry group which loses the contact with the enemy will remain something else in the area

and search the area for enemies, before she follows then again her original Move order.

How long the group remains in the area and how big the area is them searches,

depends again on the strength of the group. But no matter where a group comes,

she will return over and over again to her origin zone to take up there her waypoints again.

bye

silola

@Shinbusan:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#Few days ago I found out how usefull are gamelogics and their waypoints in DAC :)

#I think the good think would be small change. When you set azimuth for GameLogic you have 1-5 options. But maybe you could do it on a bit basis, so one GL could set waypoints for infrantry and vehicles, or vehicles, tanks and bases and so on? This should be easy.

I am not sure whether I understand you properly.

Every unit category must have own Waypoint pools. With it

is made sure that it comes to no problems.

Can you give me an example with it I can understand your suggestion?

This Feature is normaly enough in this form icon_rolleyes.gif

Lets say I have in one zone defined civil trucks and men groups. Now I have to add two separete gamelogics, one with az 1 and second with az 2, but if I want them to have same waypoints, it is a bit unnecesery (in big mission every loop, game logic and script counts). So you can imagine that there could be done one gamelogic which would be defining waypoints for both type in one time.

You should have 5 bits of this information.

In described situation you would have:

11000 in binary system = 3 in decimal system

If you want waypoints for infantry and bases (men goes from base to base) you would set azimuth as

10001 = 17

Simple as that. But of course it is nothing really important, so don't get disturbed by this idea. It is just minor idea.

UPDATE: Now I think it is not worth any time smile_o.gif Just forget smile_o.gif

Sorry sickboy

Here now the right solution:

bye

silola

Np m8, it's working flawless now. Big thanks, and keep it up.. Can't wait for ArmA... can't wait for DAC v2!!

DAC - Missions as they supposed to be smile_o.gif

Dear Silola,

How does a player disable a spawn camp? I mean.. it seems that even though we are near spawn camps or even at them, enemy units spawn in and that's bad ofcoarse :-) Is there a specialy way how to destroy/disable such camps? Is there otherwise an indirect way, like loading the spawn camps in an array and then doing destroy or sth similair on them?

Thanks for any assistance!

hi sickboy smile_o.gif

The first possibility would be to generate no camps wink_o.gif

The second possibility would be to generate the camps, but to suppress the Respawn.

And then the third possibility is to generate the camps and to deactivate the Respawn

in every camp in which you destroy the group stationed there.

If the suitable group was destroyed, the Respawn is switched off in this camp.

So that the camp destroys itself, you must carry out one more setting:

you find the setting in the "DAC_Config_Creator.sqs"

The last value in the Array is decisive:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_KI_Spawn = [60,60,0,0] ... signifies:

The camp is preserved after destruction of the group

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_KI_Spawn = [60,60,0,30] ... signifies:

The camp destroys itself after 30 seconds

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_KI_Spawn = [60,60,0,120] ... signifies:

The camp destroys itself after 120 seconds

Now I must find only the right place at which the Respawn can be suppressed. thus for the second possibility

Here: \DAC\KI_1\DAC_Waiting_for_End.sqs

There you find the following entry:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#checkspawn

?(_groupside == 0):_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsE"]

?(_groupside == 1):_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsW"]

?(_groupside == 2):if(DAC_Res_Side == 0) then {_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsE"]} else {_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsW"]}

?((count _rCamp) == 0) || (_groupid > 3):exit

_DAC_UnitTyp = 0;_zone = ""

if(_groupid < 4) then {_DAC_UnitTyp = _grouppara select 11;_zone = _grouppara select 10} else {_DAC_UnitTyp = _grouppara select 13;_zone = _grouppara select 12}

_i = 0;_temparray1 = [];_temparray2 = [];_rdmcamp = []

?((DAC_KI_Spawn select 2) == 0):goto "spawnloop2"

There you simply insert "exit" ...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#checkspawn

exit

?(_groupside == 0):_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsE"]

?(_groupside == 1):_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsW"]

?(_groupside == 2):if(DAC_Res_Side == 0) then {_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsE"]} else {_rCamp = call format["DAC_Spawn_CampsW"]}

?((count _rCamp) == 0) || (_groupid > 3):exit

_DAC_UnitTyp = 0;_zone = ""

if(_groupid < 4) then {_DAC_UnitTyp = _grouppara select 11;_zone = _grouppara select 10} else {_DAC_UnitTyp = _grouppara select 13;_zone = _grouppara select 12}

_i = 0;_temparray1 = [];_temparray2 = [];_rdmcamp = []

?((DAC_KI_Spawn select 2) == 0):goto "spawnloop2"

After this intervention only the camps with her groups are generated,

but no more new unities are generated.

I hope that I could help you.

bye

silola

I just tried to throw together a quick armour battle using RHS tanks/crew using this config_unit section...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_14

;///////////////////////////

;#####################################################

;EDITOR RHS Desert Armour

;addOns[]={};

;#####################################################

_Unit_Pool_S = ["RHS_Cr1","RHS_Cr1","RHS_Cr1"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = ["SIG_T54d","SIG_T55dBC","SIG_T55d","SIG_Ty69IId","SIG_T55dBCR","SIG_T55dR","SIG_Ty69IIdR","SIG_T54dR","SIG_Ty69IIR"]

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

goto "SetPool"

And this for trigger On Activation...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z1,[1,0,0],[],[],[10,4,20,5],[],[0,14,2]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

which produces the following error...

dacerror6xm.jpg

No vehicles are spawned, only the crew members moving as they should between generated waypoints only on foot rather than riding in some OFPs finest hardware. confused_o.gif

Not an expert but

Did you try:

_Unit_Pool_S = ["RHS_Cr1","RHS_Cr1","RHS_Cr1","RHS_Cr1"]

and did you try same with standard BIS tanks?

C4P741N

I recognize that error all too well. That is not caused by DAC. That is actually from BN880's tracers. It comes about when units are spawned / despawned, which DAC does.

I don't think there is anyway around it. Correct me if I am wrong but you are using a config that has the tracers built in...

The good news is that it doesn't seem to affect anything. So if you can live with it at the beginning of your mission, then you are good to go.

hi,

nubbin77 is right, the error message does not come from DAC icon_rolleyes.gif

bye

silola

The good news is that it doesn't seem to affect anything. So if you can live with it at the beginning of your mission, then you are good to go.

Unfortunately it does seem to affect something, see the last line of my previous post...

Quote[/b] ]No vehicles are spawned, only the crew members moving as they should between generated waypoints only on foot rather than riding in some OFPs finest hardware.

An armour battle with no armour makes for a sucky mission.

Thankyou for pointing out the error with bn880s tracers, they will now be removed from my custom ECP as I've refined my addons and config to run completely error free. None of this cannot load mission missing some shit errors or the like for me.

edit: I've left the tracers in for the moment because I changed the DAC initialization to spawn default east BIS units and I get no error and the vehicles spawn correctly.

edit2: I have to assume it's a conflict between the tracers and RHS tanks because when I add the classnames of the T55s to the BIS east section of DAC_Config_Units.sqs the error re-occurs and only the BIS vehicles are generated again. confused_o.gif

Thanks Silola, great solution, works like a charm!

I myself don't like the camps to be destroyed cause it happend to be happening while a friendly group or unit was near and got blown up smile_o.gif

Thanks again.

Unfortunately it does seem to affect something, see the last line of my previous post...

Quote[/b] ]No vehicles are spawned, only the crew members moving as they should between generated waypoints only on foot rather than riding in some OFPs finest hardware.

An armour battle with no armour makes for a sucky mission.

Thankyou for pointing out the error with bn880s tracers, they will now be removed from my custom ECP as I've refined my addons and config to run completely error free. None of this cannot load mission missing some shit errors or the like for me.

edit: I've left the tracers in for the moment because I changed the DAC initialization to spawn default east BIS units and I get no error and the vehicles spawn correctly.

edit2: I have to assume it's a conflict between the tracers and RHS tanks because when I add the classnames of the T55s to the BIS east section of DAC_Config_Units.sqs the error re-occurs and only the BIS vehicles are generated again. confused_o.gif

I want my god damn Happy Meal! crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I myself don't like the camps to be destroyed cause it happend to be happening while a friendly group or unit was near and got blown up smile_o.gif

you can chose how long time the camp will stay alive in the config_creator.sqs, just chose a really long time and you will not have that trouble

I have to assume it's a conflict between the tracers and RHS tanks...

Or not. I now get it on a default BIS east Helicopter zone.

I want my god damn Happy Meal! crazy_o.gif

Yeah, what he said...

Does anyone have by any chance the DAC Units configs for FDF ww2 units (fdf 1.4), i would love to get my hands on those smile_o.gif

@sickboy isnt it easier to write it yourself? then you get the units you want to use

hi,

@sickboy: goto page 17 -> DEAD_RABBIT Offline ->Posted: Mar. 30 2006,18:22 wink_o.gif

bye

silola

hehe, thats even easier then writing it self

@sickboy isnt it easier to write it yourself? then you get the units you want to use

Ofcoarse it is... but im writing already a lot myself, and since I only need them in a week or so for some missions around them, I thought... why not ask if someone already got them? Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V is faster than extracting the names of soldiers and putting them in the list smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

@sickboy: goto page 17 -> DEAD_RABBIT Offline ->Posted: Mar. 30 2006,18:22 wink_o.gif

Thank you... ps, did you know it was there or did you search for it... I always get problems searching in the topics and getting the right results sad_o.gif

I don't know if this has been mentioned here(probably has, I checked a few pages, didn't see this in it) but is there a way to remove those sounds when soldiers spawn? I'm making this sneaky mission using Unsung islands and well the thick jungle doesn't help when you can hear them spawn even when it's set to 1000ms away, you just know they are here and that kinda ruins it.

Silola,

Is there anything Special about the VTE/Unsung Islands that needs attention in the DAC Configs.. Actually Specifically speaking about PGI's Ia Drang Valley (The huge nice new great one biggrin_o.gif)..

It seems that I get a constant stutter/lag and DAC takes AGES to activate, haven't really gotten around to debug more, but maybe you already have an idea/solution etc wink_o.gif

Thanks for any insights!

Silola,

Is there anything Special about the VTE/Unsung Islands that needs attention in the DAC Configs.. Actually Specifically speaking about PGI's Ia Drang Valley (The huge nice new great one biggrin_o.gif)..

It seems that I get a constant stutter/lag and DAC takes AGES to activate, haven't really gotten around to debug more, but maybe you already have an idea/solution etc wink_o.gif

Thanks for any insights!

I haven't played on that island, but from my own experience, such lag when starting DAC is usually caused by DAC struggling to place camps. I am assuming that the island you mentioned has a lot of rough terrain. I have had similar trouble when placing DAC zones in rough areas on Nogova.

Perhaps try making the zones bigger, or test them in more open terrain first.