BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

hi DEAD_RABBIT,

thank you very much smile_o.gif

I am glad to see that somebody uses the possibilities which DAC offers smile_o.gif

To Your first question there is already a solution suggestion.

The same question was already asked from tacrod.

On page 14 in this thread You find a post of me (Mar. 17 2006,13:06) in which a possible solution is explained. Perhaps, this explanation helps you.

To the problem with the side "resistance", I have still compiled no solution.

Maybe I still solve the problem.

And many thanks also for "WW2 configs for FDF".

This can be used certainly also by other people very well.

bye

silola

Siola, would like to first say great job with DAC. It is definately something that I will use in future missions. Mapfact is a great asset to the OFP Community and look forward to its continued support when Armed Assault comes out.

I have edited the Unitconfig to add JAM 3 units. If you would like me to pm you with it, to add in future versions of DAC let me know.

I do have a editing question I hope you can help me with. Strango [RR] wrote a script the will change out JAM HD mags for normal mags when an Ai or Human with HD mags dies. It is meant to normally go in the init line of the unit or it can go into the init.sqs as long as you start with the name of the soldier you want to add the event handler to. What I am asking is were do I need to put the line in your scripts so that when a soldier is created, it will have the event handler added?

Example of the line I want to add

this addEventHandler ["killed",{_this exec "MagChangeOut.sqs"}]

Also something that you may wish to add in future versions, is a tracking script that you can be enabled or disabled for DAC. That way if you want to have a mission, were your unit is being chased, you can have the enemey Ai already know were you are, and be able to call for support from other zones. I am no script writer, so I do not know how to do this. Otherwise I would try it myself.

@rekster

If you look half-way down page 4 of the thread Silola explains how to add code to the init line of units.

Change the script to this:

Quote[/b] ]

~1

_i = 0

?(count Inf_Z1 == 0):exit

#loop

_group = Inf_Z1 select _i

{_x addeventhandler ["killed",{_this exec "MagChangeOut.sqs"}]} foreach units _group

_i = _i + 1

?(_i >= count Inf_Z1):exit

goto "loop"

I think that should work.

Thanks for the help MrN

I realized last night that Strano's [RR] script was done for Jam ver 2. I will have to update it for Jam ver 3, then I will give it a try. wink_o.gif

Silola, one thing I have wondered as well about the outposts, is that: Is it possible to make the soldiers at the camp get in fixed machine guns placed at the camp?

@MrN

I tried the script the way you recommend, but the HD mags did not change.

To make sure the script was working I put a JAM HD soldier near me, with the init line in it. When I killed that soldier, I got normal mags, so the script is working. It will just not execute with DAC. So I stilll need to figure out where to put the line, so the eventhandler will be applied to the soldiers as they are created.

@rekster

I've just had a play around with this and from what I can figure out if you're in the editor or single player DAC doesn't seem to get to #StartScriptLokal, whether it does on a dedicated server or not I don't know.

One way of testing is to put a hint in the script you are trying to call. No hint = no script.

If you call the script just after

Quote[/b] ][]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Server_check.sqs"

in #StartScriptOnServer you should find it will then work. So the theory goes anyway!

I haven't got the jam swap out script you are using but I'm using eventhandlers from there so hopefully the implementation is the same. I couldn't tell you what that does for a MP mission though.

MrN I did try it with the script on server. I also added a hint. The script never started.

So I went and put this script "AddMagChangeout.sqs" in the "Dac_Group_Soldier.sqs".

I edit #creatunit0 to look like this

#createunit0

;;Create Init Line String to be used in createUnit command

_leadertyp createunit [getpos _unitdummy,_unitdummy,_setFleeing,_setskill,_setrank]

;;This will run the correct loadout and add the HDmag interchange event handler to the soldier

[]exec "AddMagChangeout.sqs"

DAC_Init_Values set [1,(DAC_Init_Values select 1) + 1]

?((DAC_Com_Values select 1) == 1) && (!(DAC_InSpawn)) && (DAC_Activate == 0):DAC_InitText = format["%1|",DAC_InitText];_countu = DAC_Init_Values select 1;_countg = DAC_Init_Values select 0;cuttext[format["Units are generated . . .\n%1%2(%3)",DAC_InitText,_countu,_countg],"plain down",0.1]

_leaderman = units _unitdummy select 1

if(format["%1",_groupname] == "Null") then {[_leaderman] join grpnull;_leaderman setpos _startpos} else {[_leaderman] join _groupname;_leaderman setpos _spawnpos;deletevehicle _groupname;goto "shortbreak"}

_sj = 1

goto "creategroup"

When I did that I get the HD Mag changeout to work. I do get one error when a unit dies. I get the "No entry '.model'" error. Not sure what the cause of this is. I do still have to finish updating the HD Mag changeout, but it is working. If you like I can PM you with a link to download the little test I put together.

If anyone know what the no entery model means, I would like to know that. Plus is there a better place to put the script I did?

hi,

@DEAD_RABBIT: Here a possible solution...

The supplements are inserted directly in the camp Scripts.

First of all the supplement in the script... \DAC\KI_1\DAC_Group_Camp.sqs.

Between the labels "#startcreate" and "#creategroup" you insert this program code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#createMG

_MGArray = [];_posX = getpos _build select 0;_posY = getpos _build select 1

_MGA = [["MGStatic",0,30,180],["MGStatic",0,-30,0],["MGStatic",-30,0,270],["MGStatic",30,0,90]];_cmg = 0

while "_cmg < count _MGA" do {_MG = _MGA select _cmg;_newMG = _MG select 0;_pX = _MG select 1;_pY = _MG select 2;_dmg = _MG select 3;_tempMG = _newMG createvehicle [_posX + _pX,_posY + _pY,0];_tempMG setdir _dmg;_MGArray = _MGArray + [_tempMG];_cmg = _cmg + 1}

~1

_camparray = _camparray + [_MGArray]

Then the supplement in the script... \DAC\KI_1\DAC_Move_Camp.sqs.

Below the line "@((getdir DAC_StartDummy) > 170) " please insert the following code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_m = 0;_c = ((count units _group) - 1)

while "_m < count (_grouparray select 6)" do {_MG = _grouparray select _m;_unit = units _group select _c;_unit assignasgunner _MG;_unit moveingunner _MG;_c = _c - 1;_m = _m + 1}

In addition, the group reduction must be deactivated for camp Groups.

You do this also again in the script... \DAC\KI_1\DAC_Group_Camp.sqs.

Search for the label "#endcreate". There you find this line...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[_egroup,_groupside,1]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Reduce_Group.sqs"

You must delete or deactivate this line.

Attention, the camp Group should exist at least of 5 units, otherwise there are presumably problems.

hint: Please check the Array "_MGA". I am not sure whether the entry "MGStatic" is right.

@rekster: Here over again a short explanation, as this functions...

Accepted you generate 1 zone with 5 groups Infantry.

The Script call looks as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

If you liked to do now with the units of these groups something, use the additional parameter for it.

This parameter is simply suspended to the respective Array.

It is important that this parameter must be a string.

Here the same Script call, only with the additional parameter:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8,"Inf_Z1"],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

Ok, now you need an external Script, that the units from the Array selects to process then the units.

here the Script, as it could look:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;AddEH.sqs

~1

_i = 0

?(count Inf_Z1 == 0):exit

#loop

_group = Inf_Z1 select _i

{_x addeventhandler ["killed",{_this exec "MagChangeOut.sqs"}]} foreach units _group

_i = _i + 1

?(_i >= count Inf_Z1):exit

goto "loop"

So that you start the Script at the right time (Only if DAC is ready with the initialization),

there is in the Script "DAC_Config_Creator.sqs" specially a place for it.

If it is a mission SP, you start the script at this point:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptLokal

;///////////////////////////

[]exec "AddEH.sqs"

exit

If it is a MP mission, here the script is put down:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptOnServer

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Server_check.sqs"

[]exec "AddEH.sqs"

exit

This should function, as well as already with other people wink_o.gif

bye

silola

@Silola

Thanks for the reply. I did do it like you just showed. I also added the hint to know the script would start, and I would never see the hint.

I sent a copy to MrN, so maybe he will point out if I made a typo. I plan to make it MP, and have tried it they way you wrote on our server. When I put the call to the script in "Dac_Group_Soldier.sqs" I finally got it to work.

I figured out why when I was testing DAC it wasn't getting to #StartScriptLokal. It's because when making missions I have a standard set of triggers and logics as a template that I always include, one of these is a gamelogic called server. whistle.gif

@rekster I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working at first so I just did it the way I have done in my mission. I have since done a bit of testing to try and work out what was going on. The server logic is optional but it is good practice anyway to do this if you are making MP missions, a lot of scripts depend on it. If you don't have the logic you'll need to move the script call to #StartScriptLokal. I'm now not so convinced of having

Quote[/b] ]@(DAC_Zone_Values == 0)

is wise to include in the script in the addmagchangeout.sqs like I added, probably worth commenting that bit out.

smile_o.gif

Hi Silola

I couldn't get #createMG to work, but 4 M2StaticMG loaded in game.

got a error when a zone was deactivated on this line of code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">while "_m < count (_grouparray select 6)" do {_MG = _grouparray select _m;_unit = units _group select _c;_unit assignasgunner _MG;_unit moveingunner _MG;_c = _c - 1;_m = _m + 1}

With 1 zone activated no error but soliders did not man mg.

Great work, DAC and ECP = heaps fun. pistols.gif

hi Squ33z3,

my example was untested, and I had assumed from the fact that it functions, because still nobody had complained ... till this day crazy_o.gif

I test the example once and will announce the result ... thanks for your patience beforehand wink_o.gif

bye

silola

I've downloaded DAC a few days ago. After making som missions I must say this is a great thing!

My greetings to Silola and the whole DAC team!

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I test the example once and wants announce the result ... thanks for your patience beforehand

sorry ... at the moment I have only very little time at possession, because I must prepare for our OFP Workshop wink_o.gif

@Steel advise: Many thanks for your praise smile_o.gif

bye

silola

sorry ... at the moment I have only very little time at possession, because I must prepare for our OFP Workshop wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif No rush, look into it for your ArmedA version.... up to you.

Im getting this error nearly everytime I make use of spawn camps, any idea:

DAC Error

Wanna say again that DAC truelly is amazing and the best ever thought of... I LOVE IT smile_o.gif

I've never had any spawn problems and I've made a lot of adjustments to the camps, do you ever get this error in the spawn demo's and what other addons do you use?

hi sickboy,

this error message is very unusual. Have you modified a script?

If so what and where exactly you have carried out changes?

Otherwise a script call could be also faulty.

Perhaps, you must try to encircle the mistake in which you deactivate certain zones first.

You can also show the script call here. Maybe I can discover a mistake. icon_rolleyes.gif

bye

silola

hi sickboy,

bye

silola

Hey there Silola, thank you for your time... It seems I indeed screwed something somewhere up... Im writing a template system around DAC to make missions from, I can now make missions pretty easy and fast for different settings.. with that I made a mistake and fixed it.

Another thing though:

A problem that I am having is when I want to use zones with stationairy units, as described in your tips, i wrote this zone:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_1611

;#####################################################

;EDITOR Redfor Normal - Stationairy

;addOns[]={};

;#####################################################

_Unit_Pool_S = ["SoldierEB","SoldierEB","SoldierEB","SoldierEB"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = ["tpillboxeast"]

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

Now im using it in a zone, but I must deactivate the zone again because the unit is making a very loud tank noise... as if it is trying to move somewhere. If I just normally put in the unit, it doesn't make that sound...

Oh and mind you, I did not asign any waypoints to the zone AND I gave the zone it's own "zone-group" and I tried using 0 as zone-group but no effect :'((

Im pretty bugged about it, have nu clue smile_o.gif) I hope you can help, thanks for any help!

Silola,

After some time of using DAC I would like to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this great tool. I just do not do missions without it. I think every mission maker in my group who used DAC is using it in every next mission. It is just what should be in OFP from the beginning. Everything is changed, missions are more realistic due to AI supportin each other and reacting to enemy as should, and due randomisation of missions.

I still hope you will improve this great tool but if not, I still think it is most helpful script for mission makers.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.

P.S. I still think that the best improve would be done if you would manage to make activating and deactivating zones repeatable. In this situation one could give a life to whole island without big lag and with good performance (if players are close to nortern cities, these citeies are alive, players goes on south, nortern zones are deactivated, until players come there again).

hi,

@sickboy:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Now im using it in a zone, but I must deactivate the zone again because the unit is making a very loud tank noise... as if it is trying to move somewhere. If I just normally put in the unit, it doesn't make that sound...

I had to look long for it, until I have found the cause for this behavior.

here a solution, as you can prevent this strange noise.

In DAC units are placed in the vehicles with the orders "assignas ..." and "movein ...".

The unit "tpillboxeast" does not like the order "assignas ...".

Please, tries to remove this order completely from the script.

This script must be changed: \DAC\Scripts\DAC_Group_Tank.sqs

The lines 82 to 87 look as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_lcommander assignascommander _name

_lcommander moveincommander _name

_lgunner assignasgunner _name

_lgunner moveingunner _name

_ldriver assignasdriver _name

_ldriver moveindriver _name

please change in:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_lcommander moveincommander _name

_lgunner moveingunner _name

_ldriver moveindriver _name

The problem is repaired with this change.

@Shinbusan: Over again many thanks smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">P.S. I still think that the best improve would be done if you would manage to make activating and deactivating zones repeatable. In this situation one could give a life to whole island without big lag and with good performance (if players are close to nortern cities, these citeies are alive, players goes on south, nortern zones are deactivated, until players come there again).

This possibility signifies a very intensive change in DAC which I cannot perform at the moment...sorry.

Maybe I think about whether I still implement the movable zones. Already this change is very massive.

But rather I wait with these Features, to ArmA is published.

For it DAC V2 is planned anyway wink_o.gif

bye

silola

Can you tell me how exactly DAC priorities threats, and reacts to them by calling in reinforcements, etc? Do they retreat, surrender, etc? Is there a way to turn off this dynamic behavior to use yer own set of AI scripts like grouplink?

@MrZig

DAC_KI_AddOn = 0

will turn off Silolas AI scripts

He planned plugin with Grouplink II but it is still not released. If it would, it will be turned on by

DAC_KI_AddOn = 2

I did not see that enemy would retreat thankls to DAC (if yes, I think thay do it thanks to ECP 1.085). I didn't see such comms in DAC.

@Silola

Oh, DAC2 for ArmA? Great smile_o.gif But please, remember about my request.

Few days ago I found out how usefull are gamelogics and their waypoints in DAC smile_o.gif

I think the good think would be small change. When you set azimuth for GameLogic you have 1-5 options. But maybe you could do it on a bit basis, so one GL could set waypoints for infrantry and vehicles, or vehicles, tanks and bases and so on? This should be easy.

Regards