BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Love the addon! Just one question if anyone can answer. How can I add a trigger for when all DAC created units have been destroyed? I used to add this to my missions so I would know when an area has been cleared but those triggers no longer work with DAC (East, Not Present). The DAC created units are not detected so the trigger goes off.

Thanks for any help!

You have to make the trigger start checking its condition after all DAC units have been created:

- Open the DAC_Cache_units script in the DAC/Scripts folder.

- before the exit line type: ACTIVATE=1

- In the activation field of the trigger type: ACTIVATE==1 AND this

Should work, good luck!

hi,

@gm2kfp:

all generated east units are stored in the Array "DAC_East_Units" and all west units in the Array "DAC_West_Units".

With the query ... ?(("alive _x" count DAC_East_Units) == 0) ... you can find out whether all east units were destroyed,

or with ... ?(("alive _x" count DAC_West_Units) == 0) ... you can find out whether all west units were destroyed.

However, this query may be begun only after the initialization by DAC.

To ascertain when DAC is ready, use this query ... @(DAC_Zone_Values == 0).

@requietum:

Have you obeyed the rules on top?

It passes also with standard units?

However, the DAC Demo_11 functions, or not?

I have at the moment no idea what it can be sad_o.gif

I hope you find the mistake. It is certainly only one little thing wink_o.gif

bye

silola

Thanks Silola, got it working!

Can't say enough good things about DAC. One of the best addons for FP there is.

Thanks again

@silola:

Thanks for your help. Yes it works just fine, excepting the uncrewed vehicles and I am only using the BIS units. Not all of the vehicles are uncrewed just some of the DAC spawned ones.

Example: tank platoon will be spawned by DAC but all tanks in it are uncrewed. Other platoons of the same type and size will be fine or sometimes it is mixed so that some of the tanks in a platoon will be crewed and others not.

Is there some kind of limit on the number of units that I'm not aware of? So that perhaps it cannot spawn drivers for these vehicles?

hi,

@requietum:

yes, exactly this it could be.

Let indicate the count of the generated groups...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~1

@(DAC_Zone_Values == 0)

~1

_i = 0;_group = group player;_CountWest = 0;_CountEast = 0;_CountOther = 0

while "_i < count DAC_All_Groups" do {_group = DAC_All_Groups select _i;if(format["%1",side (units _group select 0)] == "WEST") then {_CountWest = _CountWest + 1} else {if(format["%1",side (units _group select 0)] == "EAST") then {_CountEast = _CountEast + 1} else {_CountOther = _CountOther + 1}};_i = _i + 1}

~1

hint format["Count west groups = %1\nCount east groups = %2\nCount other groups = %3",_CountWest;_CountEast;_CountOther]

exit

Which number is indicated you?

bye

silola

However, there is a little thing which I have already improved: Now the AI speaks / talks also in MP game.

This little thing brings substantially more feeling in MP games  wink_o.gif

great! Can I down load it? Version 1.0.1 maybe??

Good morning

@Silola:

Again thanks for your help. I will try what you suggest when I get back to my primary machine, as I am away from my computer right now.

However I was thinking, I notice in the editor one can only place up to 63 groups of units per side. Does DAC somehow override this limit? If not then perhaps that is the problem. It only spawns the groups up to the limit then only spawns them as empty, or spawns them then deletes the crew.

Another thing I notice is that after DAC has initialized and generated units and it reduces certain groups it then says " has been deleted" several times consecutively, without a name for what it is deleting just a blank space. I wonder if this is a symptom of the same issue, or something else.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

To all involved with this, thankyou.

notworthy.gif

I didn't quite understand the point of DAC when I first downloaded it, I had a quick rummage around in the demo missions, got a brief bit of fun out of it then shelved it. I've just spent the last 2 days getting my head around some of the concepts and digging around the readmes and now I "get it".

The documentation is top-notch and the scripts are easy (kind of) to follow once the main concepts are grasped.

thumbs-up.gif

What many of us have spent ages setting up (AI scripts, spawning, waypoints) can now be replaced with a few bits of code. Fantastic. And I know I'm only scratching the surface of what is possible.

I've managed to get a playable mission (15-20fps) with over 100 DMA Rebels in a mass battle using a GB Handsignals controlled BAS Ranger 38 man squad. Everytime I play it it's completely different, unpredictable and not to mention a little frightening!

Just as a little tip for those wanting to use Grouplink2, there's nothing to stop you putting in some non-DAC controlled AI for some more unpredictability.

smile_o.gif

hi,

@stegman:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">great! Can I down load it? Version 1.0.1 maybe??

no...sorry. I try to bring out as soon as possible a small update.

Then this little thing will be contained.

Unfortunately, no bigger update is possible to me at the moment (no time left).

@requietum:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">However I was thinking, I notice in the editor one can only place up to 63 groups of units per side. Does DAC somehow override this limit? If not then perhaps that is the problem. It only spawns the groups up to the limit then only spawns them as empty, or spawns them then deletes the crew.

This is absolutely conceivable that you have crossed the group limit.

From there these strange announcements could also come.

You can raise this limit, while you generate the same units on side of the resistance with DAC.

For it you need an other dummy unity on Res side (R_Dummy).

In addition, you must change in the editor the resistance on the suitable side.

Then in the script call of the zone you must use only the suitable parameter.

You find details also in the Readme wink_o.gif (Page 19)

@MrN:

Nice that you have taken the time for DAC from yourself.

And many thanks for your praise smile_o.gif

And yes, it is worthwhile to read the Readme intensely. This is, as usual, the best possibility to understand a system wink_o.gif

Tip: It is no problem to mix GLII groups with DAC Groups in a mission.

bye

silola

Found a little bug-a-roo in the Config_Units file

Quote[/b] ];\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_307

;///////////////////////////

;#####################################################

;EDITOR EAST DMA Euro

;addOns[]={};

_Unit_Pool_S = ["est_res_RFL1","est_res_RFL1","est_res_LDR","est_res_L

DRNT","est_res_MED","est_res_RFL1","est_res_RFL2",&quot

;

;est_res_AUT","est_res_MG","est_res_GL","est_res_RPG",&

amp;

quot;est_res_AT","est_res_SNP","est_res_SPE"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

goto "SetPool"

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_308

;EDITOR EAST DMA Euro HD

;addOns[]={};

_Unit_Pool_S = ["est_res_RFL1HD","est_res_RFL1HD","est_res_LDRHD","est

_res_LDRNTHD","est_res_MEDHD","est_res_RFL1HD","est_res_RFL2

HD","est_res_AUTHD","est_res_MGHD","est_res_GLHD",&quot

;

;est_res_RPGHD","est_res_ATHD","est_res_SPE3"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

Should be

Quote[/b] ];\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_307

;EDITOR EAST DMA Euro

;addOns[]={};

_Unit_Pool_S = ["euro_est_RFL1","euro_est_RFL1","euro_est_LDR","euro_e

st_LDRNT","euro_est_MED","euro_est_RFL1","euro_est_RFL2&quot

;

;,"euro_est_AUT","euro_est_MG","euro_est_GL","euro_est_

RPG","euro_est_AT","euro_est_SNP","euro_est_SPE"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

goto "SetPool"

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_308

;EDITOR EAST DMA Euro HD

;addOns[]={};

_Unit_Pool_S = ["euro_est_RFL1HD","euro_est_RFL1HD","euro_est_LDRHD","

euro_est_LDRNTHD","euro_est_MEDHD","euro_est_RFL2HD","euro_e

st_RFL2HD","euro_est_AUTHD","euro_est_MGHD","euro_est_GLHD&a

mp;q

uot;,"euro_est_RPGHD","euro_est_ATHD","euro_est_SPE"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

If I used the supplied Config_Units I got a badvehicle error message when the units were being spawned.

Although after checking the Classes.txt for the Euro DMA pack I notice it's not your fault. whistle.gif

Edit - the quotes have borked the lines but you get the idea, instead of est_res_ it should be euro_est_.

hi,

@stegman:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">great!  Can I down load it? Version 1.0.1 maybe??

no...sorry. I try to bring out as soon as possible a small update.

Then this little thing will be contained.

Unfortunately, no bigger update is possible to me at the moment (no time left).

I don't think a bigger update is needed, works well for me.

I like the vioces shouting accross the fields.

I'd like to hear them in MP too.

@silola:

Thanks for all your help. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Well it seems we were right and the group limit was the problem. I had to make sure the different zones' group count didnt exceed the 63 group per side limit of the editor, otherwise any spawned units over that limit would appear uncrewed.

I am having one more little bug. It would seem that the AI squads that are spawned by the DAC will not attack heavy tanks, even the rpg soldiers. The AT soldiers I place manually in the editor fire on heavy tanks just fine, but the DAC ones seem like they try to hide instead. They attack BMPs and bradleys but not M1s. Could this be in the AI settings of the DAC scripts? Would this behavior be caused by them being set to stealth? or danger? Any help on this is much appreciated.

...hmmm.  that is odd.

Do DAC troops attack editor placed MBTs?

Do DAC MBTs fire on other DAC MBTs?

Do DAC MBTs fire at DAC missile men?

(*Main Battle Tank)

They're at least supposed to. Because you're asking I guess they didn't do with you? Testing my last mission I sometimes had the problem, too.

Try to play around with the behaviour and the skill of your men an MBTs. Hopefully this will help.

I have a small question:

How do you completly remove markers from the map as it is not fun when you know where the enemy is? (I'm talking about green zone markers, the waypoints markers are already hidden) smile_o.gif

I suggest to read the readme (at least if I understood your problem) biggrin_o.gif <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_Marker = false

hi berghoff,

perhaps, you have done a mistake while copying the markers.

Either the markers copy over again, or in the case of doubt delete all markers wink_o.gif

bye

silola

...With the query ... ?(("alive _x" count DAC_East_Units) == 0) ... you can find out whether all east units were destroyed...

Silola, this is not working for me sad_o.gif i put it into trigger's condition field without ? mark

it says "alive _x|# |: Error alive: Type Group, expected Object

hi kamelius,

this is important:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">However, this query may be begun only after the initialization by DAC.

Put down this condition not on a Trigger, it's better u use a Script that starts the query when DAC has finished the initialization.

bye

silola

hi kamelius,

this is important:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">However, this query may be begun only after the initialization by DAC.

Put down this condition not on a Trigger, it's better u use a Script that starts the query when DAC has finished the initialization.

bye

silola

i dont have a clue how to do this sad_o.gif

should i put this to condition field : DAC_Zone_Values == 0

and then.. ?

thanks a lot smile_o.gif

hi,

Simply write a script which looks as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">~10

@(DAC_Zone_Values == 0)

#CheckLoop

?(("alive _x" count DAC_East_Units) == 0):goto "MissionEnd"

~3

goto "CheckLoop"

#MissionEnd

hintc format["Congratulation!\nAll hostile units were destroyed."]

;You can finish the mission here.

exit

You can start the script by a Trigger, or call it in another script.

That's all what you must do.

Did understand? ok ;-)

bye

silola

hi,

Simply write a script which looks as follows:......

got it working! thank you so much smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

ok guys ive got a problem and its bugging me really bad sad_o.gif when i start the mission i get..

[im]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/mro204/OFP049.jpg[/img]>100kb

[Generating Waypoints]

I want to remove this becuase i dont want people playing the mP misson to see it.. i knw it can be taken off i just dont no how.. any help would be great!

firefoxlover.gif == lmao