BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Quote[/b] ]hello is there any way to make so you only see marker of my side(west).

Good question, I would like to know this aswell. It would be nice to be able to see the positions of friendly troops.

One possible way to do this (as a work-around method) is to replace all the markers that you don't want showing up by empty markers. But this would cost alot of time, and I don't know if it'll work properly.

hi,

there is a possibility, to solve this problem by modify of a script.

You find the script here: DAC\Scripts\DAC_Show_Group.sqs

There you find the following line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((units _mgroup select 0) in DAC_West_Units) then {_marker SetMarkerColor "ColorBlue"} else {_marker SetMarkerColor "ColorRed"}

You must change only this one line.

If you liked to hide the east unities:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((units _mgroup select 0) in DAC_West_Units) then {_marker SetMarkerColor "ColorBlue"} else {exit}

Or if you liked to hide west units:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((units _mgroup select 0) in DAC_West_Units) then {exit} else {_marker SetMarkerColor "ColorRed"}

This possibility should function smile_o.gif

bye

silola

... I have forgotten one more little thing.

Perhaps, the markers must be still put on the position 0.

For example, in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((units _mgroup select 0) in DAC_West_Units) then {_marker SetMarkerColor "ColorBlue"} else {_marker setmarkerpos [0,0];exit}

bye

silola

cool i will try this out later

thanks

inlove.gif

peace out

zigzag

Silola,

Yes, I am still alive, and I'm currently trapped in regards to having the time I need to type up the last of the changes to the manual. A little over a week ago I finished penciling in by hand the final alterations that need to be made, but I've been buried in Real Life issues. Any day now my sister is going to give birth to another baby, so that may end up slowing things down too.

I just need a chunk of time to type up the changes, and then the final proofreading will be on its way to you.

Have to go now.

Yours,

Kyle

Jan. 19, 2006

smile_o.gif

Hi Kyle,

it is nice to hear somewhat from you.

Real Life must stand always in the foreground and in this connection all the best for your sister thumbs-up.gif

Of course I am glad if you are ready with the proof reading, but take from you quietly the time which you need....and thx again smile_o.gif

bye

silola

Silola,

Check your PM, I have an almost finished being proofread manual waiting for your scrutiny.

Let me know what you think of it.

Yours!

Kyle

Jan. 21, 2006

goodnight.gif

smile_o.gif

Oh nuts! banghead.gif

The servers here at work wont allow me to down load Zonewriter.  

DL manager keeps getting an error when skanning the file. banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Any Ideas...? help.gif

EDIT:  Found out that I can't get RAR files at work...how odd.

EDIT.2: Got it now. Went through a different server! HA! wink_o.gif

This truely is an awsome thing, really makes OFP fun, just one thing, currently the AI just walks around and doesn't do much, calls up reinforcements and so on, but would it be possible to make the AI attack something or defend something? I think a goal orientated AI would be awsome.

Also, how can you remove the thing that you can see the enemy radio talk?

Quote[/b] ]This truely is an awsome thing, really makes OFP fun, just one thing, currently the AI just walks around and doesn't do much, calls up reinforcements and so on, but would it be possible to make the AI attack something or defend something? I think a goal orientated AI would be awsome.

This is possible, to some extent, by manually adding DAC_waypoints. This allows you to create points of conflict. Read how this is done in the readme and the discussion about it on one of the previous pages.

Quote[/b] ]Also, how can you remove the thing that you can see the enemy radio talk?

Yep, also possible; set DAC_com_values to [0,0] in the DAC_config_creator script in the DAC folder.

icon_rolleyes.gif Actually reading the readme helps.

Well I did read it, but that was a long time ago, would be smart if I actually reread the readme :P.

I am looking forward to using DAC to build an MP coop mission. I have a question. How far from the edge of the trigger are dynamic waypoints created? Is ther a way to guarantee that players will not see the AI suddenly appear in front of them?

@Mr.peanut if you activate the DAC trigger with a trigger that is bigger then you wont see the units being created

peace out

zigzag

I want to arm civilians spawned as east units. Where is the best place to insert a script that arms units? Will the civilians have these weapons when they respawn or will they be unarmed?

hi,

@Zendjir&zigzag: Many thanks for the answer of the questions smile_o.gif

@Mr.Peanut: Yes, the civilians are unarmed first. You need a script which gives suitable weapons to the civilians.

Best you use in the zone for the civilians, the additional parameter to be able to access the units.

For example, in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z1,[1,0.0],[5,2,30,8,"CivZ1"],[],[],[],[3,3.0]] exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

The string "CivZ1" is after the initialization the Array in which you find the civilians from this zone.

After the initialization of DAC you must start a script that accesses the units in this Array and to them assigns then the weapons.

The script could look so (is only one simple example with one weapon):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;AddWeapToCiv.sqs

_countMag = 3

~0.1

_i = 0

_n = 0

#Loop

?(_i >= count CivZ1):goto "EndHint"

_Unit = CivZ1 select _i

_Unit AddWeapon "M16"

while "_n < _countMag" do {_Unit Addmagazine "M16";_n = _n + 1}

~0.01

_i = _i + 1

goto "Loop"

#EndHint

hint format["%1 civilians equips with weapons",count CivZ1]

exit

The script call put down on the "DAC_Config_Creator.sqs".....

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">.....

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptOnServer

;///////////////////////////

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Server_check.sqs"

<- Here put down for MP ( []exec "AddWeapToCiv.sqs" )

exit

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptLokal

<- Here put down for SP ( []exec "AddWeapToCiv.sqs" )

exit

I hope this helps you smile_o.gif

bye

silola

can i change s1,s2,s3 to something like man1,man2,man3

I know i would have to change the names in the script too, but will the AI work accordingly?

Every name you add to DAC_Config_Creator.sqs´

Quote[/b] ];\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

; DAC-Settings

DAC_Players = [s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11,s12,s13,s14,s15,s16,s17,s18,s19,s20]

will be handled exactly as the s1, s2, etc. names are.

No need to worry.

Dac cleans all entries which are not used.So put as much as u want into this array.

I have a problem using DAC in MP.

What I did, was I converted the 2nd MP DAC DEMO mission to FDF using different unit configs already in DAC and using Maldevic island. But after I had put it on a server and played it with more players, several problems arise.

1) Heavy desync when caching the units (only for a minute or so)

2) No units present at all in the first town (La Trinite). We did not check the other towns. We did hear explosions in the distance, but we did not come across any units.

I used profile 19 for the Ruskies and 33 for the Fins. Can someone explain me what is happening?

Silola,

Thanks for your reply. I missed the optional array name parameter in the documentation but have now found it.

I am really impressed by the sophistication of the DAC, and can almost not believe you managed to implement it in OPF's scripting language(with all its quirks).

P-Nut

Silola,

Last year I wrote a function that calculates the shortest route for a set of points, given a start point and an end point. It works for systems with five points or more. It could be used to order the waypoints such that the shortest path available is produced. It is archived at OFPEC in the Editors' Depot script resources. OFPEC is down right now, but I will provide a link in this message when it is up. A demo mission is provided. It could be adapted to work with circular routes, which are what DAC produces.

I've recently begun trying to integrate DAC into an MP mission I'm working on but I've hit a snag. When I run the mission it doesnt load all the AI zones and worse yet the "Zones are measured" loading bar keeps flashing on the screen even when it is done. The loading bar keeps getting larger and then eventually crashes the game back to windows. Does anyone know why this is or what I can do to fix it? I'm really in a bind with this and would like to fix it ASAP.

Also at the end of the erroneous white stripe loading bar is says scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef. I appreciate any help with this. Thanks all.

@requietum

i had the same problem one time and i think the problem was that i had forgot to put time > 1 in the condition line, not sure but you can check that, hope you solve it

peace out

zigzag

Hello,

Because some have apparently some problems with DAC, here over again a few things which should be followed:

# DAC functions in MP only in connection with a dedicated server, otherwise strange mistakes can appear...sorry

# At first always use the standard units. Only if the zones function perfectly, then change on other units.

# To make sure that your DAC settings function, place at the beginnig only one zone on the map. If this runs easily, you can place other zones.

# In ALL zones the same condition must be put down. For example: "time> 1" or "time> 10" or "not alive anyVehicle" et cetera....

# Use always only the standard Config files of DAC, before you carry out adaptations.

# To get a feeling for DAC, use the DAC demo_11 and modifies this mission a little bit...

other units, other behavior, add new zones, change the number of waypoints or change the count of the groups, or shift the mission to another island...et cetera

DAC must show anyway an hint, that the initialization is finished ... in MP, as well as in SP.

It does sense to test a MP mission before in SP extensively. Only to make sure that then it also functions in MP game.

@Mr.Peanut:Thanks for your praise!

The DAC Scripts are not especially good. There is still enough space for optimization, although it already runs very well.

It was important to me that DAC remains adaptable and Is relatively simply to be served. The solutions were not always easy.

Unfortunately, at the moment I have no time to optimize DAC further or to insert other possibilities sad_o.gif

However, there is a little thing which I have already improved: Now the AI speaks / talks also in MP game.

This little thing brings substantially more feeling in MP games wink_o.gif

bye

silola

Thanks guys. Well I had all the zones using Time >1 so that wasn't it however I did figure out that defining the zone size in the zone parameters instead of having it measure itself seems to bypass the problem. The only thing I am having a problem with now is vehicles are showing up empty. Anyone know why this is?

DAC is an awesome development, I can't wait to get this working right. I'd appreciate if anyone knows why vehicles are showing up empty, or rather uncrewed. Thanks all.

And thanks Silola for this awesome thing.