BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

I created several civilian zones with some civs and vehicles. DAC initializes correctly and the people and cars spawn in the marked areas.

But every time during initialization i'm getting this error:

error.gif

It happens right before "XX waypoints were created" hint.

hi,

I do not know this mistake:-(

Deactivate sometimes several zones, while you write in the condition: time> 10000

Does the mistake appear always, or only sometimes?

Otherwise you do a test mission with only one zone.

If this functions, you provide a 2-nd zone et cetera....

I suppose that a zone contains a faulty script call.

If you do not get further, can you send me the Mission.sqm?

Then I can check the zones.

bye

silola

I used BAS ZSU and HMG in one zone as tanks. So crew is not getting out during contact, but fights. But for some reason both made a strange noise, like factory or tank.

I was thinking that it is because they try to move, but they cannot (as they have no wheels). But I couldn't recreate this sound without DAC. I tried to give WP, make domove, spawn crew, assign as crew and domove. Nothing.

Hi Silola,

The answers you gave me a while back have really helped me and my AI-script is now working with DAC smile_o.gif. Thanks very much.

However, I have now encountered a compatibility issue. I have noticed the way DAC handles AI is that groups will hold position for a long time when they encounter an enemy until that enemy is gone (dead or moved away). Normally this does not cause problems and is even an improvement over the normal ofp AI. My script, however, sets speedmode "limited", behaviour "Stealth" whenever enemies are encountered and has Disableai "Target" activated for the units in the group. This (especially the DisableAI "target") creates problems with DAC as the AI will not send out troops to seek out the encountered enemy so that the group will just stay put indefinetly.

Removing the disableai line is not an option because doing so would conflict with the CQB aspects of my script. To solve the issue I would like to disable the "staying put" reaction of the AI as defined in the DAC scripts. Could you give me directions how to do that please?

Thanks in advance,

Zendjir

I have no idea where my error came from, I thought it was because I merged DAC with SnYpir support pack but when I recreated my mission from scratch everything was fine.

Both packs work together. It's another case for X-Files I suppose...

Is it possible to use a trigger area twice with different zone id's?

I have zone named city1 and i initialize it with ID 1 (using exec script) at the beginning of the mission, in order to create a zone with one user-defined waypoint for unarmed vehicles. Next, in the trigger properties i set up another DAC call with zone ID 2 to spawn several groups of ppl and waypoints for them when player is near.

It seems that vehicles spawn correctly but no infantry units.

Hi Silola,

I have not yet checked your code as to how the coordinates are attained for a para insertion at point of conflict but it would appear that they drop right onto the enemy position.

Suggestion: I would have them drop at least 500m away in a flanking position according to the group that called for the support. Paras landing in a hot LZ is a death wish. smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work.

Zay

Sure Zyfod

The Militarys everytime know where the Enemys are ?

I am actually working on a Mission that makes an C130 Engine Burning....

If you bugout and stear (Glider) yourself into Enemy Aera you become some Gifts from them(or not).

I everytime use the Mapfact Respawn and in this moment we hope that someone does not die and reanimate the teamates.

"And this makes Missions in Missions"

This is only my personal meaning...

But i think DAC is Dynamical and the Way to DEATH also ...

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I used BAS ZSU and HMG in one zone as tanks. So crew is not getting out during contact, but fights. But for some reason both made a strange noise, like factory or tank.

I was thinking that it is because they try to move, but they cannot (as they have no wheels). But I couldn't recreate this sound without DAC. I tried to give WP, make domove, spawn crew, assign as crew and domove. Nothing.

The sounds presumably come directly from the Addon.

Why this happens in such a way, unfortunately, I also do not know.

The Script questions whether there is a driver with this category of vehicles.

If not, the Script goes out from a "static vehicle" and uses another routine.

In this part of the routine there are no orders as for example "do move", because no driver exists.

The "static vehicle" can only attack you, defend itself or request also for help.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...and has Disableai "Target" activated for the units in the group. This (especially the DisableAI "target") creates problems with DAC as the AI will not send out troops to seek out the encountered enemy so that the group will just stay put indefinetly.

I have done especially with this order still no attempts

and therefore also no experience. I would avoid this-> Disableai "Target",

because it presumably leads to the fact that the DAC scripts function not rationally.

I do not know where exactly I would have to begin to solve the problem....sorry :-(

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I have no idea where my error came from, I thought it was because I merged DAC with SnYpir support pack but when I recreated my mission from scratch everything was fine.

Both packs work together. It's another case for X-Files I suppose...

Nice if it functions. I have never tried out this.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Is it possible to use a trigger area twice with different zone id's?

No ! However, you can place 2 zones in the same area. This is not even more an expenditure.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I have not yet checked your code as to how the coordinates are attained for a para insertion at point of conflict but it would appear that they drop right onto the enemy position.

Yes, in most cases exactly this happens.

There are 2 possibilities: either the Helikoter notes you, then he unloads his freight above your position, or he is called for help.

Then the units jump off at the position of the group, she has called the helicopter.

You could change the position something, then, however, it could be that the units land in the water because you are maybe near the beach ;-)

If you liked to change it, I can point you in which script the position is processed, ok?

bye

silola

Quote[/b] ]Nice if it functions. I have never tried out this.

Life is hard. It functions means "these two script systems don't conflict". But there some issues that i can't solve. For example - AI infantry don't treat called support heli units the same way as player units - probably because I can't give them individual names in order to put them into dac config. (On the other hand AI vehicles fight against called support helicopters and planes)

Quote[/b] ]No ! However, you can place 2 zones in the same area. This is not even more an expenditure.

Yes, but if I have 32 zones where I decide to spawn separately civilian and enemy units I have to design 64 triggers, right?

I search the body of this thread for my waypoint-related question, but nothing came up that was germane.

Following the Read-Me, I place a logic object within the zone (which happens to be a master zone), with the Azimuth set to "3" for armored units. I then of course lay out the waypoints. Now here's the code for the Zone:

Quote[/b] ][Z1,[1,0,0],[5,4,10,8],[],[1,1,2,2],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I believe I've set up everything correctly. The infantry does appear as does armor, but the armor seems to follow only the waypoints generated by DAC, not my logic's waypoints.

hi crassus,

I have tested this over again and with me it functions.

perhaps, You give to the group not enough waypoints.

2 means that the group gets between 1 and 3 waypoints.

This is something not enough. Please, tries a test with e.g. 4 waypoints.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,4,10,8],[],[1,1,2,4],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

Then the group will get 3 to 5 ways points. Provided, you have put enough user-defined waypoints.

With it the likelyhood is higher that also user-defined road points are used.

Please, it pays attention to the fact that all waypoints of the Logic within the Triggers are.

bye

silola

Crassus, I have experimented with logic waypoints aswell since I found the readme a bit vague on its effects. I found out that the waypoints you place for the logic do not mean that a group of the specified type will follow that waypoint path. The thing that this function does is it records the positions of the game logic waypoints and places DAC waypoints on that position which will be treated as possible spawnpoints and waypoints for generated groups just like normal DAC waypoints. These generated waypoints are added to the zone (on the position you provided by the logic) in addition to waypoints generated by the zone-trigger.

So basically this function allows the mission designer to predetermine DAC waypoint positions, nothing more. It's very useful though to manually determine points of conflict (such as towns).

hi,

Correct statement. I wanted to reach exactly this functionality with it.

Thanks for the explanation Zendjir smile_o.gif

bye

silola

Okay, I think I see. So it's perfectly okay to limit the waypoints to two, as I did, and use the logic waypoints to define more precise DAC waypoints?

hi,

you allow to generate only 2 waypoints from DAC is okay.

Only the number of the waypoints which a group itself can select should be greater than 2.

Then the likelyhood is also higher with it, that user-defined waypoints are used.

How many user-defined waypoints have you placed then?

bye

silola

Works like a charm:

LogicWaypoints_01.JPG

Here's the code for the Master Zone: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Box1,[1,0,0],[],[],[3,1,2,2],[],[0,0,0]] exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

And for the Waypoint Zone:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Box2,[1,0,0],[],[],[1],[],[0,0,0]] exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

LogicWaypoints_02.JPG

Again, works like a charm. Thanks, guys!

(I will gladly allow the above screenshots for any revision you make to the DAC Read-Me. whistle.gif )

EDIT: Just added another Waypoint Zone, to which I wanted infantry and unarmed vehicles to move to. For some reason, infantry is being created at this zone (and armor is being created at the waypoint-only Box2 Zone).

I can monitor the number of spawned west & east units through DAC_East_Units and DAC_West_Units variables. How can i count the number of civilians spawned in the zone?

hi su27,

sorry ... but this I have really missed :-(

Here a small Script that counts the generated civilians, after DAC is ready with the initialization...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;count the number of spawned civilians -> "CountCiv.sqs"

~3

_i = 0;_n = 0

while "_i < count DAC_All_Groups" do {_group = DAC_All_Groups select _i;if(format["%1",side (leader _group)] == "civ") then {_n = _n + count units _group;_i = _i + 1}

~1

hintc format["Count CIV units: %1",_n]

exit

You put down the script call either in the area "StartScriptOnClient", or in the area "StartScriptLokal" (to find in the script DAC_Config_Creator.sqs)

according to what you need (sp mission / mp mission) ....

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptOnServer

;///////////////////////////

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Server_check.sqs"

[]exec "CountCiv.sqs"

exit

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptLokal

;///////////////////////////

[]exec "CountCiv.sqs"

exit

bye

silola

There should be one more bracket at the end.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">while "_i < count DAC_All_Groups" do {_group = DAC_All_Groups select _i;if(format["%1",side (leader _group)] == "civ") then {_n = _n + count units _group;_i = _i + 1}}

Now it works. Thanks smile_o.gif

Ok, now the question i'm afraid to hear an answer.

Zone is created, enemy units spawned. I kill them all, corpses are deleted. Now, is it possible to use the zone once more?

You should add camps to the zone so that the troops that are killed are respawned.

Camps don't work for me.

Each time i set up a zone named z1, with condition time>1 and activation:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z1,[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,1,30,1,100,10],[0,0,8]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I get a camp with one team, no vehicles. And when I kill the enemy team the camp blows up. No more spawns. Should be 10, right? Dummies set, my soldier named s1, DAC files copied to mission folder from .rar without any change. It just don't work for me.

hi,

Your script call is absolutely correct. If a Spawncamp is generated,

a group which guards the camp is generated to this camp.

It is also right that you see there no vehicles. However, the camp can respawn vehicles.

Either you generate in this zone still other unities, e.g., infantry and tanks...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[z1,[1,0,0],[3,3,30,10],[],[2,1,20,8],[1,1,30,1,100,10],[0,0,8]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

or you generate an other zone in which additional units are generated...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[z1,[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,1,30,1,100,10],[0,0,8]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[z2,[2,0,0],[3,3,30,10],[],[2,1,20,8],[],[0,0,8]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

If a group is destroyed now, this becomes after a certain time in the camp respawned.

If you destroy, however, the group which guards the camp, no more new groups are generated in this camp.

To delay the supplies of new units something, you can raise either the respawn time,

or you place the zone with the camp far from the other zones.

Then the respawned units need a certain time, until they have reached her zone.

To test this, you can activate the DAC markers to see when and where the new units are generated.

bye

silola

hello is there any way to make so you only see marker of my side(west). I use a field hospital instead of a regular tent and i want to see where my side put up camps during the fight so i can use them when playing.

peace out

zigzag