BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Hi,

Thanks for the setdammage.sqs explantion, works flawless.

I have a question on the respawn.

After some trial I can successfully let DAC do the respawn. But I noticed, that one can do it 2 ways:

- with just a zone name, like Z1 1,0,0 and the respawn parameters in the heli section.

- or with the same as above and filled in infantry and the rest. Then it respawns what one entered in the sections.

Now, for the question; what is the normal use of this? and, the range section in the campspawn section, does that really work? I didnt saw any difference between 50 and 5000.

Thanks for this great work.

Oh forgot; I didnt see any difference when I use a non-repeat trigger. Also, if I use a game logic trigger it also works.

Can you explain why you used an repeat trigger in the demo's?

hi,

@Shinbusan:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Do you want it as it is now, or changed to BIS units. I use BLEEM e version, SJB weapons, BAS UH60, BAS OPFOR, COMBAT! HMMWVs, Tonal Island.

I prefer BIS units. I am not sure whether I have all Addons.

And have you taken into consideration this here?

neubitmap8sm.jpg

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_AMS would control DAC_Activate variable to smoothly activate and disactivate different zones based on active IslandZones. In that situation, mission maker could give life to whole island without much performance hit. Only some limitation about MP gaming. It should be used mainly on coops where players stick together. To not activate too much zones in the same time.

For it you need no new variable. This can be regulated everything with DAC_Activate.

Please, remembers that zones can be activated / deactivated only once. I think about the fact that zones can be activated several times.

However, this is not so easy.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">How often DAC_Activate is checked by DAC?

DAC checks this variable all 1 to 2 seconds.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">How to check if some DAC zone is active or not? If there is no possibility to check it, it can be tracked by custom array, where activated zones would be remembered, of course. Maybe it would be the best way for performance.

These are not, actually, the zones which wait for DAC_Activate.

The zones with her waypoints are generated directly at the beginning.

Rather these are the groups which wait for the fact which they are generated.

@Johan_D: many thx smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I have a question on the respawn.

After some trial I can successfully let DAC do the respawn. But I noticed, that one can do it 2 ways:

- with just a zone name, like Z1 1,0,0 and the respawn parameters in the heli section.

- or with the same as above and filled in infantry and the rest. Then it respawns what one entered in the sections.

This is right. In principle, you can generate up to 4 units categories per zone. Camps also belong to it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Now, for the question; what is the normal use of this? and, the range section in the campspawn section, does that really work? I didnt saw any difference between 50 and 5000.

Now, this should function, actually. With the range the radius of the group stationed there is meant.

The value 50 signifies, that the camp group moves in a radius of 50 m around the camp.

Therefore, this value should not be too big, because the group goes otherwise to far away from the camp.

Thanks for your interest in DAC.

bye

silola

Hi... Im creating a small mission pack to show off DAC but when i tried to create a camp i got this error..

DACError1.jpg

any help would be great.. this is the code i used.

Quote[/b] ][Z1,[1,0,0],[],[],[],[1,2,100,1,50,1],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

You need to play with file DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs

and this is your part of code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#WP_Typ_5

;-----------> | Camp |

;///////////////////////////

_CheckRadius = 50

_checkAreaH = 15

_checkMaxH = 1000

_checkMinH = 5

_checkNear = 100

_checkObjH = 4

_checkCount = 300

_TempWPArray = DAC_WP_Pool_C

I guess it is about a too dense forest in a zone, so DAC did not find enough waypoints for your Camp. Make your variables smaller then default, and it should help. Check out readme for info about which variable means what.

As the Error says MRO204

The Zone you preffer was not the right place for it !

Dac does a scan at every new start of initialisation ...

Then it runs an amount of points in this Zone....

DAC does not Scan every Point in this Zone this is randomly !

Sometime DAC hits with this amount of point every time a not suitable Position.

Most i got this Message by Helos ...

So move this zone a little bit or make it a little bit larger, think it will help.

hello,

i downloaded this unknown addon/tool for ofp...

opened readme and... numbers, scripts, commands...

it confused me...

what exactly is DAC and for what? what it does?

i think it's easier way to create respawning units...(maybe i'm wrong)

please people, help me, i want to know why and how mission creating with DAC is easier...

hello,

i downloaded this unknown addon/tool for ofp...

opened readme and... numbers, scripts, commands...

it confused me...

what exactly is DAC and for what? what it does?

i think it's easier way to create respawning units...(maybe i'm wrong)

please people, help me, i want to know why and how mission creating with DAC is easier...

Basically you can set up spawn zones complete with waypoints already made in a matter of seconds. The Readme is pretty complete. Download the demo mission, up it up and follow along.

There are 3 .pdf files that came with the download. First read DAC_Preview.pdf, that should give you a good idea of what this script set is capable of. Then read DAC_Readme_v1.pdf to learn how to use all of it's seperate parts/zones. DAC_Summary.pdf is a quick reference guide on the script call you need to make for each zone. Finally, This goes way beyond any spawning script that has ever been made... notworthy.gif

Cap.

@Silola

Sorry I did not send you a file, but I just 'lost' error and the only version with error I have is so badly written, that I do not want to show it to anyone smile_o.gif But I am sure it was error generated by me.

About configs. I found that I like to use my own configs not default ones. For example in one zone I use BAS rebels infrantry and AA guns as tanks, in other I use the same rebels and BTRs, UAZ with mg as tanks. Other example, is I do not use all units from some WGL side in one zone. So my own config units are not good for most people, as they are not so generic.

And here is my next idea about units' config file. Make two of them. First, default, numbers 1-999, this file would be updated by you guys from time to time.

Second, custom units' config, would be not updated. There goes custom configs done by mission makers. So one can update default config if he uses it (don't know why he would do it in already finished mission smile_o.gif ) and he would not loose his own custom configs.

Well... maybe not so good idea at all smile_o.gif Hehe. Sometimes if you write something, it just start to look silly wink_o.gif

Regards

UPDATE

One more thing related to units' config. For good effect you have to add units to mission in editor. But it is hard if you have only config. You don't know which unit in editor is which in config (in editor you do not see its real name in config). So even if I use default config, I have to check units in editor, and sometimes modify config a bit. So for me default configs usually does not give me any help.

Seem to be an good idea Shin ...

I hope to animate more "NONE PURE" Mission Makers to use Zonewriter with Standard Config´s.

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Request for future version.

I would like to see in next DAC version a little change in custom arrays. Now every type in zone has its own array. And cannot share this array with any other zone/unit type.

So now it looks like:

array1 = all commanders of type generated in a zone 1

array2 = all commanders of type generated in a zone 2

and so on

But would be great to see a little change like:

array1 = []

array1 = array1 + all commanders of type generated in a zone 1

so I could easily make big array with all genereted units

array1 = array1 + all commanders of type generated in a zone 2

So in array1 you got commander from both zones.

Is this possible easily?

And what about adding eventhandlers? Should I check all the time if there are new units generated by DAC and add to them new handler? Isn't a too big impact on performance? Just asking because I did not try yet.

hi & merry christmas (something late) xmas_o.gif

@Gedis

Exactly as C4P741N said, it is right.

If you have heard from DAC still nothing, read please first the Preview.

@Shinbusan

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Sorry I did not send you a file, but I just 'lost' error and the only version with error I have is so badly written, that I do not want to show it to anyone :) But I am sure it was error generated by me.

Only the DAC specific things interest me wink_o.gif Nevertheless, in addition, I only wanted to help you smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">And here is my next idea about units' config file. Make two of them. First, default, numbers 1-999, this file would be updated by you guys from time to time.

Second, custom units' config, would be not updated. There goes custom configs done by mission makers. So one can update default config if he uses it (don't know why he would do it in already finished mission :) ) and he would not loose his own custom configs.

Nevertheless, the idea is good. We can do with pleasure so smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I would like to see in next DAC version a little change in custom arrays. Now every type in zone has its own array. And cannot share this array with any other zone/unit type.

So now it looks like:

array1 = all commanders of type generated in a zone 1

array2 = all commanders of type generated in a zone 2

and so on

But would be great to see a little change like:

array1 = []

array1 = array1 + all commanders of type generated in a zone 1

so I could easily make big array with all genereted units

array1 = array1 + all commanders of type generated in a zone 2

So in array1 you got commander from both zones.

Is this possible easily?

There are two Arrays in which all units are stored:

DAC_West_Units + DAC_East_Units

There you find all units of the respective side which has generated DAC at the beginning.

Attention, these Arrays change constantly, if, for example

units are deleted, units are reduced and become units respawned.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">And what about adding eventhandlers? Should I check all the time if there are new units generated by DAC and add to them new handler? Isn't a too big impact on performance? Just asking because I did not try yet.

Perhaps, that could regulate a Script. I consider, how on

to the best way can be moved in DAC.

bye

silola

hi,

I really like this script, I've made a few little missons to test it out and I really like the AI, I had a couple of questiosn though,

Does it reacts to manually placed friendly units though?

Will they still call support?

Also, is it possible to make destroying respawn camps and stopping them from spawning new troops into an misson objective?

And lastly, is making it work with a resistance side player a problem or just something you havent had time to do, just wondering cause their tons of things I want to try out using DAC.

Thanks.

hi and thx kerosene smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Does it reacts to manually placed friendly units though?

Yes. You must name these units only, e.g. -> fr1, fr2, fr3 ...

You must put down these names then in the Array -> DAC_Players

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">DAC_Players = [s1,s2,s3,s4......fr1,fr2,fr3.....]

You find this Array in the Script -> DAC_Config_Creator.sqs

Then the opposing AI will react also to these units and naturally also request for support.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Also, is it possible to make destroying respawn camps and stopping them from spawning new troops into an misson objective?

If becomes the group which is stationed with the camp destroyed, the Respawn is automatically stopped in this camp.

Therefore, you must ascertain only, when this group is completely down.

Then your mission objective could be done.

How you can save groups from a zone to process them in an external Script, you can read in my post from Dec. 13 2005,21:48

I hope this helps you.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">And lastly, is making it work with a resistance side player a problem or just something you havent had time to do, just wondering cause their tons of things I want to try out using DAC.

Unfortunately, the DAC V1.0 does not support this possibility.

It is only possible that the player plays on side west or side east.

bye

silola

Hi Silola,

I want to run a selfmade script on all created infantry groups that are created by DAC (at initialization and respawned groups). I've got some questions for you, I would really appreciate it if you could answer them for me.

- In which array are all groupnames stored, and is that array constantly updated? Or, if there is no such array, what approach would you suggest to create one?

- I read somewhere that DAC_West_units and DAC_East_units stores all west and east units and that it is constantly updated. Which units does it include, does this include the units that were individually placed in the mission editor? And does this array include the units defined in DAC_players?

Thanks in advance,

Zendjir

This is a really great addon im still a bit confused at scripting etc but its really impressive. Woul it be possible to do a dac for dummies.. eg the zones parametres allready written and you just place em kinda like nim weather things? one other idea i havent noticed yet if ai does it. but it would be kool if when ai realised one of their squads is in trouble if dac would automatically create a support script for a nearby by squad so that they would come and help out

@wolfbite:

It really not that difficult to understand how to use DAC if you read the readme files and check the demo-missions. The readme is very well written.

And the support thingy is allready implemented, squads will help eachother out. I suggest you watch the last demo-mission (the one where there are east and west units) to see how this works out.

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">In which array are all groupnames stored, and is that array constantly updated?

All groups are stored in the Array "DAC_All_Groups".

If a group is destroyed, it is deleted from the Array.

If the group becomes later again respawned, it is added to the Array again.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> I read somewhere that DAC_West_units and DAC_East_units stores all west and east units and that it is constantly updated. Which units does it include, does this include the units that were individually placed in the mission editor? And does this array include the units defined in DAC_players?

If you name the units and insert them in the Array "DAC_Players",

if these units are also stored in the Array "DAC_West_Units" or in the Array "DAC_East_Units".

It is also possible in the Array "DAC_Players" to put down opposing unities. However, this is untested.

bye

silola

Hello! I´ve got this bug, anyone know why? I don´t put the Zone in the water or anythin like that.

huh5wp.th.jpg

hi,

this can have several reasons. Check first the DAC_Config_Waipoints.sqs".

The standard entry for infantry must look so:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#WP_Typ_1

;-----------> | Soldier |

;///////////////////////////

_CheckRadius = 10

_checkAreaH = 25

_checkMaxH = 1000

_checkMinH = 5

_checkNear = 0

_checkObjH = 30

_checkCount = 200

_TempWPArray = DAC_WP_Pool_S

To determine the faulty zone, do the following:

In all zones put down this condition -> time > 100000

OK, then in every zone successively again put down the standard condition (time> 1) and observe with which zone the problems appear.

If you have tracked down the bad zone, you must change them perhaps in the size, or move to another position.

I hope that I could help you.

bye

silola

help.gif

need help: DAC_ACTIVATE problem...

hi there

first: DAC is the killer-app!!! thanx mapfact!!!!

...i'm testing a while now with some own simple missions. now i've tried the dac_activate...i've created a zone, with "5" as activation var. then i placed a trigger with "dac_activate = 5"...everything works fine, BUT (!wink_o.gif, allways i'm using a later activation of a zone all the later created groups in this zone does'nt move anymore to the waypoints! they just stand still at the created (waypoints) positions. doing a zone without "dac_activate", everything works normal! ...btw i'm using a clean ofp inst 1.96 witout mods! any ideas??? thanx for answers...

hi,

unfortunately, at the moment I have no idea by which this mistake comes about.

I will test this and give you answer.

Thanks for your praise smile_o.gif

bye

silola

Well i dont understand it but lol it looks amazing so please keep up the good work, i will try to apply a mission from this system to our mod house divided,

this is the true genius of ofp editing, working under the hood as it were.

hi,

@durandal68: thanks smile_o.gif

It is quite important that at least one zone is generated directly at the beginning, so that DAC generally functions.

Generate, perhaps, a small zone with one group somewhere.

You can deactivate this zone later again.

Maybe this tip already helps you.

@Gavinthecat: many thanks smile_o.gif

However, please read the Readme a little, before you insert DAC in a mission wink_o.gif

bye

silola

@silola

thank you!!! i will try that asap!

yay.gif

really!!! great piece of work! it's like a new game!!!

go on with this good stuff, silola! smile_o.gif

edit: i've tried! yesssss!!!! it works! thanx a lot...i did a MP mission with a activation-chain of five zones. runs smooth & perfect now!! yehaa...