BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Is there any way to share units between zones without having to share other units?

For instance, I have Z1 and Z2. I also have 3 infantry groups in each, and 2 unarmed groups in each.

What if I just want the waypoints shared between the zones for the unarmed only? And keep the infantry in their own respectful zone? Is that possible?

Is there any way to share units between zones without having to share other units?

For instance, I have Z1 and Z2. I also have 3 infantry groups in each, and 2 unarmed groups in each.

What if I just want the waypoints shared between the zones for the unarmed only? And keep the infantry in their own respectful zone? Is that possible?

I believe you can create zones that physically overlap each other. I long as they arent related to each other ie (1,0,0) on both zones it should work. So create a zone within a zone area.

@Commando84

You did not understand. It is you (mission maker) who can easy make sniper team in some zone.

How to do that.

First you need proper config. Only _Unit_Pool_S variable is important in this example.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#Unit_Config_1001

;///////////////////////////

;SNIPER TEAM CONFIG

_Unit_Pool_S = ["SoldierECrew","SoldierEPilot","Soldieresniper","Soldieresniper"]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = []

_Unit_Pool_C = []

goto "SetPool"

Now you need to customize DAC_Config_Creator.sqs file:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

DAC_KI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,9],[2,12]]

Change to:

DAC_KI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,9],[2,12],[2,2]]

UPDATED according to gunterlund.

Important is only last array [2,2]. It means that the smallest units (which will be sniper unit) must have 2 men.

Now sniper team behaviour in DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqs

#Behaviour_Typ_7

_setSkill = [1,1]

_setCombat = ["red"]

_setBehav = ["stealth","combat"]

_setSpeed = ["limited"]

_setForm = ["line","vee","column","wedge","stag column","ech left","ech right"]

_setFleeing = [.5]

_setFlighth = [50,60]

_setPause = [180,1,1,1,1]

_setSay = []

_setSupport = 1

goto "setBehaviour"

Now your zone in Editor (z1 in example)

The line in activation should be:

[z1,[1,0,0],[1,5,30,8],[],[],[],[0,1001,7]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

Of course it is general description. You can modify a lot thing here, like units, behaviour, etc.

Zone should be big to make snipers real danger.

@ Silola

How to add some eventhandlers to DAC generated units? Or how to change their default weapons and equipment? By custom arrays? Or there is easier way?

I know that you can add more group configs.

ie

DAC_KI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,9],[2,12],[3,3]]

Now you would use a 5 in your zone script.

ie

[z1,[1,0,0],[1,5,30,8],[],[],[],[0,1001,7]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

There is also a section in the readme that mentions adding user defined scripts. From there I think you can change weapons

Actaully, Gunter, all I did to rectify my problem was to create a waypoint only zone with 0 waypoints for inf, and a few for unarmed/armoured. Thanks anyway!

hi,

@Shinbusan:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@ Silola

How to add some eventhandlers to DAC generated units? Or how to change their default weapons and equipment? By custom arrays? Or there is easier way?

I had appealed to the subject already here...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hi :)

Code Sample

And how can I add a unit init command for each created unit, like "this set dammage -1" for example?

You can read up this in the Readme > page 13;)

But here over again a small example:

Accepted you generate 1 zone with 5 groups Infantry.

The Script call looks as follows:

Code Sample

[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

If you liked to do now with the units of these groups something, use the additional parameter for it.

This parameter is simply suspended to the respective Array.

It is important that this parameter must be a string.

Here the same Script call, only with the additional parameter:

Code Sample

[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8,"Inf_Z1"],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I have chosen this name, so that I can see on the basis of the name,

which units are filed in this Array (From the string an Array in which the units are stored is formed.)

"Inf_Z1" = infantry from zone 1

Ok, now you need an external Script, that the units from the Array selects to process then the units.

here the Script, as it could look:

Code Sample

;SetUnitDammage.sqs

~1

_i = 0

?(count Inf_Z1 == 0):exit

#loop

_group = Inf_Z1 select _i

{_x setdammage -1}foreach units _group

_i = _i + 1

?(_i >= count Inf_Z1):exit

goto "loop"

So that you start the Script at the right time (Only if DAC is ready with the initialization),

there is in the Script "DAC_Config_Creator.sqs" specially a place for it. Here an extract from the Script:

Code Sample

#StartScriptOnClient

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Client_check.sqs"

exit

#StartScriptOnServer

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Server_check.sqs"

exit

#StartScriptLokal

[]exec "SetUnitDammage.sqs"

exit

I have done the Script entry where the things get for sp missions.

ok, on this way you can store every unit category from every zone separately.

an last example, as this could look:

Code Sample

[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8,"Inf_Z1"],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[Z2,[1,0,0],[],[],[3,1,20,8,"Tank_Z2"],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[Z3,[1,0,0],[],[2,2,25,10,"Veh_Z3"],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I hope this fairly clear.

bye and thx again :xmas:

silola

Is the description enough for you, Shinbusan? i hope so wink_o.gif

But otherwise you control DAC quite well biggrin_o.gif

bye

silola

hi again,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Is there any way to share units between zones without having to share other units?

Yes, this is possible, only not with the same zones, because these are linked.

Best of all you generate 2 Inf zones which run locally, and then another 2 Veh zones which are linked with each other.

Arbitrarily many zones may lie on top of each other. This is no problem.

Attention, zones may not have precisely the same position. Besides, this must be considered absolutely. There is enough a minimum divergence.

bye

silola

Siola, that's pretty much what I did:

Quote[/b] ]Actaully, Gunter, all I did to rectify my problem was to create a waypoint only zone with 0 waypoints for inf, and a few for unarmed/armoured. Thanks anyway!

Edit: Hell, if you can make the zone ID relative to the class of units, that'd be superb.

For example, the infantry in Z1 could have #1, and the infantry in Z2 could have #2, While the unarmed units would just have the #1. That'd be great in the future version!

@Silola can i place out boats that patrol rivers , or the beaches around the islands with DAC? And can i also do make boat squads? like mechanized infantery squad but the boat would have to disembark the troops near the player or the west troops that it has detected. would be a cool feature that would make naval infantery and marines or coast guard units of sort be used more effeciently and realistic maybe  smile_o.gif

btw what would be needed to be done if i would like to insert aircrafts that would be doing patrols, would be nice if they also could be made to land for refuel , rearms also.. help.gif

think if you have a mission where there is a ground team and a pilot team, all players side. Then when they encounter the DAC connected units they dac units would call air support maybe to counter your transport chopper that would be forced to return to base to avoid getting shot down by su-25 or some other dangerous aircraft. Just my idea here to make my missions featuring dac thougher whistle.gif

I just make beta (alpha) of coop mission. In editor it works fine, but when I started it on dedicated server...

DACerror.gif

Well, the real problem is that server and clients are... totaly lagged. 1-2 fps. Until you start other mission.

I got aswell other error, after generating 220 waypoints (in editor too)... But I had no time to research both errors. Maybe you had something like that before? And it is not in WGL...

yeah i get tons of errors when i try to play my mission using the dac and scripts that where with mp demo 1 that came with dac. i use a custom island but it can't be that or can it?

Also i see the white stripes loading bars showing all the time in my mission flashing in the screen and those should be gone once the a.i's have loaded into the mission. And also all my a.i's die one by one at the start of the mission even though i removed the disableai = 1 code in the description.ext  Im trying to check the scrips why they kill off my men but i don't get it... im off to bed now but i'll continue with my research.  crazy_o.gif

and yeah after a certain amount of minutes maybe 2 or 3 minutes something the mission ctd's tounge2.gif

also once i got a error with ki_addon while testing.

Hi

The Dac MP Demo 1 is a combination of DAC and mapfact respawn.

If you change something in the description it will make such errors.

I think you should first remove all things from respawn in the init.sqs

just rename both files ....

DAC has nothing to do with:

INIT.SQS

Description.sqs

The only thing that dac needs are the dummys and to name the soldiers like in dac_unit_creator.sqs.

Try this first  smile_o.gif

PS: Much helpes much ..is not every time the best way ;-)

We try since 3 weeks to solve the dac demo 2 crazy_o.gif

thx i'll put back the description and init file that i've messed up and see if it works.  smile_o.gif

i got a question about the Mis_Inf_Server.sqs file and the Mis_Inf_Client.sqs file do they do anything with mapfact respawn? or are they only needed just for the DAC_MP_Demo_1.eden work?

Thats right commando !

Was a special script for this Mission ...

Thats why the MP Missions are packed ;-) and normaly not for depbo ;-) ...

DAC only needs the things i wrote in the last Post.

hi,

@Shinbusan: You have forgotten to place the servers Logic. Therefore, the error message and the performance problems wink_o.gif

@All: For own missions please use this DAC folder....

folder3me.jpg

All the other versions of DAC are adapted for the respective demo.

In addition, the mp demos still have individual Scripts.

This could be the reason for the problems which appear with some of you.

What MCPXXL says, is also absolutely right.

@Commando84:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@Silola can i place out boats that patrol rivers , or the beaches around the islands with DAC? And can i also do make boat squads? like mechanized infantery squad but the boat would have to disembark the troops near the player or the west troops that it has detected. would be a cool feature that would make naval infantery and marines or coast guard units of sort be used more effeciently and realistic maybe :)

btw what would be needed to be done if i would like to insert aircrafts that would be doing patrols, would be nice if they also could be made to land for refuel , rearms also.. :hlp:

think if you have a mission where there is a ground team and a pilot team, all players side. Then when they encounter the DAC connected units they dac units would call air support maybe to counter your transport chopper that would be forced to return to base to avoid getting shot down by su-25 or some other dangerous aircraft. Just my idea here to make my missions featuring dac thougher :whi:

sorry Commando84, unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. The thing by the boats, I could insert it maybe later. But the thing by the normal airplanes not.

bye

silola

thx for fast replies guys! your support is beyond words for me notworthy.gif

oh yeah i think your right about the scripts Silola and that actually explains alot why i have had troubles. I've always thought that the dac folder didn't have anything different in it and that the triggers where not so important with the size tounge2.gif

okay i can live without the enemies having the uber airsupport biggrin_o.gif hope fully for armed assault maybe there is a easy way to make some boat patrols and stuff wink_o.gif

a bit offtopic but it would be cool if you could have trigger areas that are deformable like a piece of clay that yu could stretch out freely and stuff like that, so you could have different sized shapes for triggers than square and circle.

i'll do as you say and test it out tonight, now i have to do some christmas cleaning of my room.. tounge2.gif

cya laterz!

I just make beta (alpha) of coop mission. In editor it works fine, but when I started it on dedicated server...

DACerror.gif

Well, the real problem is that server and clients are... totaly lagged. 1-2 fps. Until you start other mission.

I got aswell other error, after generating 220 waypoints (in editor too)... But I had no time to research both errors. Maybe you had something like that before? And it is not in WGL...

Shin

Did you put in your two dummy units on the map? W_Dummy, E_Dummy?

Yes, I am. But Silola has right. I forgot Server Game Logic sad_o.gif

I mean smile_o.gif because I know what to improve.

To all ideas for DAC. Remember guys to propose ideas that will have plenty of possibilities and will be used by many mission makers. Wasting Silola time on some difficult tasks for one -two missions is bad for community.

If really you need new things in it and it is not something usefull for most of us, just do it yourself and then send it to Silola to check out and maybe add to DAC.

DAC is great, it needs more and more, but we have to think about community, because DAC is for community, not for particular persons. Am I right. We need universal tool as good as possible. And flexible for easy adding new features.

Scripting is not so difficult. I would say it is very enjoyable and it gives you lot of satisfaction, if you succed what you planned.

Silola, I still learn your script. But I hope I will master it and use in every mission, because there is planty of possibilities. Using DAC_Activate variable gives really much boost for performance. I guess I can give life to whole island if I use it. Is there some limit of waypoints?

I hope you will succed with dynamic zones, when one would move zones in real time.

DAC is really great tool.

smile_o.gif

Hehe. I am really crap in doing it.

Other problem, much more interesting this time.

I add server logic. Works swifty.

In Editor and Single Player - good

On Dedicated and Not Dedicated Server - there is not DAC units.

none of them. No west, no civs, no east...

I use addons. I added same units in editor to load them on the beginning of mission.

What can it be? No idea here. Maybe some not communicated script error?

UPDATE

Friends had tested it for 5 times. One group had been there 4 times, other groups had been once. So sometimes it works, sometime not. When I tested it, there was never any group...

tested to put in the dac folder that was seperate from any mission file into my mission and removed the mapfact respawn and the markers script and stuff and mission works top notch now smile_o.gif figured also out that its important to define in the triggers initline the size of the trigger zone to make it work better. smile_o.gif Missions starts to become beta playable now i think , beta release soon tounge2.gif

hi smile_o.gif

@Shinbusan:

Is the same condition put down in all zones?

How does the condition look to your zones?

If the problem appears only on non dedicatetd server, that could be the reason.

Or tries to generate all zones with standard units and checks whether it does a difference.

Otherwise poste here your zones from mission.sqm, e.g., in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Item0

{

position[]={7041.235352,95.945801,5647.892578};

a=1300.000000;

b=1400.000000;

rectangular=1;

activationBy="ANY";

repeating=1;

age="UNKNOWN";

name="z1";

expCond="time > 1";

expActiv="[z1,[1,0,0],[15,2,60,10],[],[2,1,30,15],[],[0,0,4]]exec ""DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs""";

class Effects

{

};

};

class Item1

{

position[]={7073.206543,108.044998,5960.880859};

a=150.000000;

b=150.000000;

rectangular=1;

activationBy="ANY";

repeating=1;

age="UNKNOWN";

name="z2";

expCond="time > 1";

expActiv="[z2,[2,0,0],[3,2,12,8],[],[],[],[0,0,7]]exec ""DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs""";

class Effects

{

};

};

I hope I can help you confused_o.gif

by

silola

I believe the way keycat handled this (Keycat if your out there feel free to chime in  biggrin_o.gif ) is you could add an empty vehicle in proximity to the group location. So the vehicle was never part of any arrays. The group would identify that vehicle and occupy it to move in it. Then only passengers would unload at target site.

Sorry for joining the party a bit late smile_o.gif

@ Gunterlund: In the Group Link II script I think (long time since I fiddled with it...) I check the class of all the units in the APC and if they are crew members they will not disembark from the APC.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

@Silola

Thx a lot. And sorry. I made very basic MP scripting mistake (with DAC_Activate handling). Now all works ok exept this error (but it is just a message, I did not notice anything wrong with script working)

DACerror1.gif

As I wrote before, it happened during waypoint generating. Usually after more then 200 waypoints.

hi,

@Shinbusan: Could you send me your mission?

The mistake may not be. there something is not right.

I have not had this mistake till present yet, also not with many waipoints.

thx & bye

silola

@Silola

Do you want it as it is now, or changed to BIS units. I use BLEEM e version, SJB weapons, BAS UH60, BAS OPFOR, COMBAT! HMMWVs, Tonal Island.

I will send it to you as soon as I finish it (soon smile_o.gif )

An Idea (very rough atm)

DAC_Acticate Managing Script (DAC_AMS)

Triggers on island would make IslandZones (different then DAC zones). If player would be in some IslandZone, trigger would set its flag to true (In MP players can be in different places at the same time).

DAC_AMS would control DAC_Activate variable to smoothly activate and disactivate different zones based on active IslandZones. In that situation, mission maker could give life to whole island without much performance hit. Only some limitation about MP gaming. It should be used mainly on coops where players stick together. To not activate too much zones in the same time.

And questions:

How often DAC_Activate is checked by DAC?

How to check if some DAC zone is active or not? If there is no possibility to check it, it can be tracked by custom array, where activated zones would be remembered, of course. Maybe it would be the best way for performance.