BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Quote[/b] ]Guys, you're making it very difficult for ArmedA

Very difficult for ArmA? I don't understand. If anything, this greatly helps ArmA because we'll have huge enviroments with non stop AI battles.

My bad  crazy_o.gif . I was meaning difficult for ArmA to do better IA than this system does thumbs-up.gif . Sorry for my terrible english  banghead.gif .

Can you briefly describe what needs to be changed to use WW2 units and such?

And how can I add a unit init command for each created unit, like "this set dammage -1" for example?

What you need to do is look at the unit config file in the DAC folder. It lists a number of configuration and each has its own unique number assigned. You add the WWII classes to one of these configs (or make your own) then assign it to the main sqs script on the trigger. Read the Readme doc. Its all there.

hi smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">And how can I add a unit init command for each created unit, like "this set dammage -1" for example?

You can read up this in the Readme > page 13 wink_o.gif

But here over again a small example:

Accepted you generate 1 zone with 5 groups Infantry.

The Script call looks as follows:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

If you liked to do now with the units of these groups something, use the additional parameter for it.

This parameter is simply suspended to the respective Array.

It is important that this parameter must be a string.

Here the same Script call, only with the additional parameter:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8,"Inf_Z1"],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I have chosen this name, so that I can see on the basis of the name,

which units are filed in this Array (From the string an Array in which the units are stored is formed.)

"Inf_Z1" = infantry from zone 1

Ok, now you need an external Script, that the units from the Array selects to process then the units.

here the Script, as it could look:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;SetUnitDammage.sqs

~1

_i = 0

?(count Inf_Z1 == 0):exit

#loop

_group = Inf_Z1 select _i

{_x setdammage -1}foreach units _group

_i = _i + 1

?(_i >= count Inf_Z1):exit

goto "loop"

So that you start the Script at the right time (Only if DAC is ready with the initialization),

there is in the Script "DAC_Config_Creator.sqs" specially a place for it. Here an extract from the Script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptOnClient

;///////////////////////////

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Client_check.sqs"

exit

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptOnServer

[]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Server_check.sqs"

exit

;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

#StartScriptLokal

[]exec "SetUnitDammage.sqs"

exit

I have done the Script entry where the things get for sp missions.

ok, on this way you can store every unit category from every zone separately.

an last example, as this could look:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[Z1,[1,0,0],[5,1,30,8,"Inf_Z1"],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[Z2,[1,0,0],[],[],[3,1,20,8,"Tank_Z2"],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[Z3,[1,0,0],[],[2,2,25,10,"Veh_Z3"],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

I hope this fairly clear.

bye and thx again xmas_o.gif

silola

Silola

Any news on the Artillery addition to this or armoured vehicles that carry inf. Can they be used?

@Silola got rid of the annoying error message and lag, done only one small quick test  , didn't have the time to run over and spot any enemies to see if they had been changed to rhs troops but i'll see if i get to do it tonight or tomorow  smile_o.gif

yeah i was unsure about removing the onlyinfo.sqs file but no problems now after i removed the initline in a trigger that wanted to activate the script  biggrin_o.gif

yeah btw thx for the support silola! thumbs-up.gif wouldn't got this far without you smile_o.gif

Bug report (not detailed enough yet)

In WGL5beta (v27-11) I got CTD randomly on waypoint randomization stage. I did simple zone, only with infrantry. Whenever I use Resistance or WGL FIA it makes CTD sometimes (I did not check other sides atm). I will research it in near future, as I use this mod with my squad (most realistic IMO at this moment) but I really want to use DAC, as this is amazing tool smile_o.gif.

UPDATE

No matter which side I use. CTD happened after random amount of time when waypoint are randomized. Sometimes it works ok.

What more, once I got error with number during zone checking. It wrote not number (to the end) but a not defined variable. It happened only once to me until now.

Bug report (not detailed enough yet)

In WGL5beta (v27-11) I got CTD randomly on waypoint randomization stage. I did simple zone, only with infrantry. Whenever I use Resistance or WGL FIA it makes CTD sometimes (I did not check other sides atm). I will research it in near future, as I use this mod with my squad (most realistic IMO at this moment) but I really want to use DAC, as this is amazing tool smile_o.gif.

Ive been creating a mission using WGL units with no problems to date. You may want to double check to make sure you have the right class names in the unit creator file. WGL troops lay down alot of fire, I must say. Im using GAIA as the map.

I can provide a mission file. But meantime I will check it with older WGL versions (as I have plenty of them smile_o.gif ).

UPDATE

Even WGL 4.12 and WGLZ

I use Nogova. I used BIS or WGL units. No difference.

Yes, I run DAC demo MP mission in WGL and it worked. So I am confused.

damn gave the stuff another testing today and well i came up with some weird error that i had before

'_marker setmarkerpos [_posx,_posy]|#|': Error Type Any, Expected Number  

I figured out that it usually starts when it says placing units on the screen and then it stays errorly and like 2-4 fps all the time  crazy_o.gif

its only the DAC_Config_Units.sqs that i needed to change right? no other scripts if i wanna use custom units? im thinking im doing something wrong anyways  tounge2.gif

btw the zone triggers, do they have to be close togheter or inside one eachother? But i'll redo everything tomorow and see if i can get it to work better.

removed question, found out that the initline 0,0,0 part right before the end in the triggers can decide what addons to load  biggrin_o.gif  it was the feature i was looking for. Cool thing is i also discovered that you can have maybe west units in one zone to simulate friendly territory and then have anothe zone spawn in rebels to show off enemies tounge2.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

also been adding the old bas tsf soldiers into the mix but i get a message in the top right corner hitn box saying no entry exist in unit config for armed vehicle or something like that. tounge2.gif checked their unit config and there where no vehicles for them so i added some, but not to all 3 sorts of tsf variants.. still get the error, to tired to think now, time to sleep and work more tomorow wink_o.gif

hi,

Here a few answers to your questions and general tips:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Any news on the Artillery addition to this or armoured vehicles that carry inf. Can they be used?

Artillery is not included in the plan at the moment firmly. Perhaps, I will support this feature in ArmA.

There is the possibility to put down armed vehicles in the Array for unarmed vehicles, for example, a BMP.

Besides, there are another two things which do not function optimally:

The complete crew exists of normal units.

All units leave the vehicle in enemy's contact. The reason for it is the behavior for unarmed vehicles.

However, I will still amend at this point, as soon as I have found the optimum solution for it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">What more, once I got error with number during zone checking. It wrote not number (to the end) but a not defined variable. It happened only once to me until now.

I have inserted at the last minute one more query which intercepts mistake. However, in the MP_Mode only mistake numbers are given.

Here the single meanings:

[Error #2 = Script call]

--------------------------

The Script call in a zone is defective. It could help you to generate the Script call with the Zonewriter.

[Error #3 = DAC_Players]

----------------------------

Either it was forgotten to name the players, or in the Array DAC_Players wrong entries have been done.

[Error #4 = Unit_Config]

---------------------------

In the used Unit_Config none is either, or wrong entries been done.

[Error #5 = Dummy unit]

The required dummy unit was not found. Please, note that for every side own dummy unit must be placed.

[Error #6 = DAC_Marker]

The DAC_Marker were not found. In the case of doubt carry out this setting: DAC_Marker = false. Then it is also not searched for the markers.

[Error #7 = Waypoits]

In a zone the waypoint generation has missed. Change the zone in size and/or in the position to solve the problem,

or reduces the number of the units which should be generated in this zone.

An other possibility is to put the parameters for the waypoint generation on other values-> DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs

In the Readme all possible parameters are described.

[Error #8 = Zone name]

The given zone name in the Script call was not found. Check all zones for valid names.

[Error #9 = AI Addon]

The given AI-Addon is not available. A wrong number was presumably handed over with the choice of the AI-Addon.

Please, check the variable DAC_KI_Addon. Possible values are at the moment only 0 and 1.

Other tips:

---------------

Pay attention to the fact that in the Script call no double zones Name appear.

Is it the best, you generate in the zones for the moment only standard unities.

Only if the basic scaffolding stands and goes through the initialization perfectly, try only with other unities. This should be the last step.

In the zones may stand with condition not "this". Normally should stand there "time > 1". DAC should start anyway with a small delay. Therefore, stands in the condition also " time> 1 ".

To delay the start of DAC something, you can write, for example "time > 10". It is important only that this condition must be same in all zones.

For mp missions you can remove all DAC_Marker and in addition-> " DAC_Marker = false " and " DAC_Com_Value = [0.0] "

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I use Nogova. I used BIS or WGL units. No difference.

I hope this can be removed with abovementioned tips.

bye

silola

hi,

Here a few answers to your questions and general tips:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Any news on the Artillery addition to this or armoured vehicles that carry inf. Can they be used?

Artillery is not included in the plan at the moment firmly. Perhaps, I will support this feature in ArmA.

There is the possibility to put down armed vehicles in the Array for unarmed vehicles, for example, a BMP.

Besides, there are another two things which do not function optimally:

The complete crew exists of normal units.

All units leave the vehicle in enemy's contact. The reason for it is the behavior for unarmed vehicles.

However, I will still amend at this point, as soon as I have found the optimum solution for it.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">What more, once I got error with number during zone checking. It wrote not number (to the end) but a not defined variable. It happened only once to me until now.

I have inserted at the last minute one more query which intercepts mistake. However, in the MP_Mode only mistake numbers are given.

Here the single meanings:

[Error #2 = Script call]

The Script call in a zone is defective. It could help you to generate the Script call with the Zonewriter.  

[Error #3 = DAC_Players]

Either it was forgotten to name the players, or in the Array DAC_Players wrong entries have been done.

[Error #4 = Unit_Config]

---------------------------

In the used Unit_Config none is either, or wrong entries been done.

[Error #5 = Dummy unit]

The required dummy unit was not found. Please, note that for every side own dummy unit must be placed.

[Error #6 = DAC_Marker]

The DAC_Marker were not found. In the case of doubt carry out this setting: DAC_Marker = false. Then it is also not searched for the markers.

[Error #7 = Waypoits]

In a zone the waypoint generation has missed. Change the zone in size and/or in the position to solve the problem,

or reduces the number of the units which should be generated in this zone.

An other possibility is to put the parameters for the waypoint generation on other values-> DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs

In the Readme all possible parameters are described.

[Error #8 = Zone name]

The given zone name in the Script call was not found. Check all zones for valid names.

[Error #9 = AI Addon]

The given AI-Addon is not available. A wrong number was presumably handed over with the choice of the AI-Addon.

Please, check the variable DAC_KI_Addon. Possible values are at the moment only 0 and 1.

Other tips:

---------------

Pay attention to the fact that in the Script call no double zones Name appear.

Is it the best, you generate in the zones for the moment only standard unities.

Only if the basic scaffolding stands and goes through the initialization perfectly, try only with other unities. This should be the last step.

In the zones may stand with condition not "this". Normally should stand there "time > 1". DAC should start anyway with a small delay. Therefore, stands in the condition also " time> 1 ".

To delay the start of DAC something, you can write, for example "time > 10". It is important only that this condition must be same in all zones.

For mp missions you can remove all DAC_Marker and in addition-> " DAC_Marker = false " and " DAC_Com_Value = [0.0] "

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I use Nogova. I used BIS or WGL units. No difference.

I hope this can be removed with abovementioned tips.

bye

silola

I believe Keycat resolved this because his script identified the crew of the vehicle and made them stay in. Also the arty in his system was nothing fancy like CoC. It was just artillery scripting.

I reworked whole mission - and nothing. Few hours today lost smile_o.gif

I reworked your demo 2 MP to WGL5 units and it works correctly. I thought it may be problem with CoC, or other script I used. But no. Hell, no matter. Some day I will find a reason :P

@gunterlund

But Silola did it to make driver get out when in contact. If jeep or track is under fire there are only two ways. Get out all men or run as hell. Silola chose first one (better in most occasions). But I guess you have some right. When there is gunner in car, he will stay in a car to engage and destroy targets. For example HMMWV with mg or gl would engage infrantry. Maybe that can be checked... At least.

But if you add armored vehicle to unarmored string, then driver and commander would get out...

@Silola and gunterlund

But maybe this is not a good trace. What about armored string? On the beginning I thought you are checking how many places is in APC. Then you add driver, gunner, commander, cargo units, and if group is bigger, you add another vehicle and start to man it.

I see two ways. First is to after creating vehicle checking how many there are places:

1. creating it somewhere far, close to dummy

2. creating dummy clons

3. checkin if they can get in. If not, you got number of places

4. You got number of people.

5. The same way you check if there is commander and gunner (there is always driver).

6. When you examined vehicle you store info and use it when creating units for DAC.

Other much simpler way but more problem with next release is to just to add info about places in vehicle string. Difference between armored and unarmored would be if driver is getting out, or not.

Oh, third way. Something simpler then first, but limited. Check if there is commander in vehicle. If no, treat it as unarmored, if yes, armored. But M113 would be unarmored then...

I reworked whole mission - and nothing. Few hours today lost smile_o.gif

I reworked your demo 2 MP to WGL5 units and it works correctly. I thought it may be problem with CoC, or other script I used. But no. Hell, no matter. Some day I will find a reason :P

@gunterlund

But Silola did it to make driver get out when in contact. If jeep or track is under fire there are only two ways. Get out all men or run as hell. Silola chose first one (better in most occasions). But I guess you have some right. When there is gunner in car, he will stay in a car to engage and destroy targets. For example HMMWV with mg or gl would engage infrantry. Maybe that can be checked... At least.

But if you add armored vehicle to unarmored string, then driver and commander would get out...

@Silola and gunterlund

But maybe this is not a good trace. What about armored string? On the beginning I thought you are checking how many places is in APC. Then you add driver, gunner, commander, cargo units, and if group is bigger, you add another vehicle and start to man it.

I see two ways. First is to after creating vehicle checking how many there are places:

1.  creating it somewhere far, close to dummy

2. creating dummy clons

3. checkin if they can get in. If not, you got number of places

4. You got number of people.

5. The same way you check if there is commander and gunner (there is always driver).

6. When you examined vehicle you store info and use it when creating units for DAC.

Other much simpler way but more problem with next release is to just to add info about places in vehicle string. Difference between armored and unarmored would be if driver is getting out, or not.

Oh, third way. Something simpler then first, but limited. Check if there is commander in vehicle. If no, treat it as unarmored, if yes, armored. But M113 would be unarmored then...

Good Ideas Shinbusan. I believe the way keycat handled this (Keycat if your out there feel free to chime in biggrin_o.gif ) is you could add an empty vehicle in proximity to the group location. So the vehicle was never part of any arrays. The group would identify that vehicle and occupy it to move in it. Then only passengers would unload at target site.

@gunterlund

There are commands available to determine whether someone is crew vs cargo.  We use them on all the COMBAT! vehicles and raedor uses them on the RHS stuff too.  So it shouldn't be too hard.

Quote[/b] ]There are commands available to determine whether someone is crew vs cargo.

What, like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">driver _BMP; gunner _BMP; commander _BMP

That works.

sorry to bother again tounge2.gif but i want to know if there is any difference in the DAC folder that came with the Mp demo missions and the one that is with the editor demo missions?

a sugestion for any update would also be to add the bas tonali civilians into the unit config, as it is now there is the east and res civilians there.

Adding new config is easy like piece of cake. Make new mission on desert island. Add only units u want to have in config. Save it. Open mission.sqm. Look for units names. Copy & Paste them into new config block.

Fantastic pack, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing though some randomized missions using DAC. However when playing multiplayer with a few friends we mostly seem to encounter BMPs/tanks and the odd officer. I haven’t really altered the configuration that much, in fact I’ve increased the amount of infantry groups. Is anyone else experiencing this?

But beside that, great work to all involved and a big thanks! notworthy.gif

Adding new config is easy like piece of cake. Make new mission on desert island. Add only units u want to have in config. Save it. Open mission.sqm. Look for units names. Copy & Paste them into new config block.

Thats right !

But every time please think that you use config numbers over "1000"

please.

I will make an update shortly with FDF 1.4 Units, and so you will only have to paste your configs at the end :-) .... without big searching for your own configs.

If you make more than one config try Zonewriter Unit Extractor ;-)

Good configs from new mods or missing ones e.g. "WGL" are  welcome.gif  welcome.gif  welcome.gif  welcome.gif

PM me or yous the Zonewriter threat

I would like to add, that sometimes it is better option for mission, to use own config, then standard one from DAC. For example sometimes missionmaker can use only shilkas, sam launchers or zsus, or only spetznaz units. Or sometimes he can use big zone for one two person team where will be only two infrantry unit (excluding crew and pilot): sniper and spotter.

I am just curious what for one can update unit config file if he made a mission... He can update his copy of DAC, but probably he will not want to update DAC in the made mission... If so, he don't have to give it >1000 number...

hi smile_o.gif

@evo: Do you speak of a demo DAC mission, or have you made your own mission?

Have you inserted DAC in an already existing mission?

If so .... you have thought in it to adapt the player's names?

Either the player's names to the Array DAC_Players adapt,

or adapt the Array to the players.

If you speak of a "odd Officer", is with certainty a reduced group.

Can you show the DAC Settings from the mission here sometimes?

You find them in the Script "DAC_Config_Creator.sqs"

For example, in such a way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

; DAC-Settings

DAC_Players = [s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11,s12,s13,s14,s15,s16,s17,s18,s19,s20]

DAC_KI_Count_Level = [[2,4],[2,6],[2,9],[2,12]]

DAC_Reduce_Value = [500,550,0.1]

DAC_Dyn_Weather = [100,15,0.6]

DAC_KI_Spawn = [60,60,0,1]

DAC_Delete_Value = [60,150,0]

DAC_KI_Cache = [1,1]

DAC_Com_Values = [2,1]

DAC_KI_Level = 4

DAC_KI_AddOn = 1

DAC_Res_Side = 0

DAC_Marker = true

bye

silola

First thanks for this really funny thing thumbs-up.gif

been playing around in the editor and decided to make a mission with hyk us soldiers using lasers weapon but i want the machinegunners to have jam hd mag can i do that or most i change the config or something like that?

[offtopic sorry] if i must change config can someone tell me how

Thx for reply  smile_o.gif  yeah i could give it a go to make some addittions to the config, yeah sniper spotter teams could be a cool adddition too, 2 guys are harder to spot than 6-12 guys  biggrin_o.gif   im making a mission where 6 cities on Mungari island is going to be cleared from tonal goverment troops. So far stuff is going really well. I added a little nasty surprise at the end obejctive aswell. Though my only problem right now is getting the mapfact respawn, mapfact backpacks and Dac to work togheter, i get some kind of error about deleting a map_respdummy man or something like that. Ill post the full error line when i get home. Laterz!

For the mapfact respawn problem ;-)

Often i made the same failure and copy only the template things into my missions...

Copy also the markers and look for the dummys in the mapfact respawn template ....

The dummys should be on a small sland