BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

@Silola yeah but there is like tons of configs there but if you don't want to have config 0 active ( bis units ) and instead want config 202 active ( rhs units) where and what file do i change that in tounge2.gif

yeah i think i got the hang on where to change the custom vehicle now smile_o.gif but not where to tell wich soldiers i want DAC to spawn , use.

Simply copy your config to config "0"

But think if you use our configs in the Future it will be overwritten  biggrin_o.gif

DAC_CONFIG_UNITS.SQS is the File

Do not change the scripts in Folders !

In the firts time it is better to use predefined configs or add some with number > 1000 if you test something please.

Yeah well i don't want to get overwritten like that biggrin_o.gif But if i want to run another config then the 0? How do i do? Like if i want to run config 202 or something?  help.gif

btw when i copied the stuff in the grab the chopper test mission to freya island and i also copied scripts and all. But now i get this error and game lags down alot

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'_marker setmarkerpos [_posx,_posy]|#|': Error Type Any, Expected Number

hi,

@Commando84: Well, here a small example especially for you wink_o.gif

1. Load the island of your choice.

2. Put there the player somewhere.

3. Place a dummy unity - for example, an east unit with the name: E_Dummy.

4. Save the mission.

5. In the Missions folders copy the folder DAC purely.

6. Copy the dac markers from one of the editor examples, or say: DAC_Marker = false (DAC_Config_Creator.sqs)

7. Place a zone (Trigger) as in the Readme described with the name: z1.

8. Then the Script call for the zone:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[z1,[1,0,0],[],[],[],[2,1,5],[0,202,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

Now in this zone 2 helicopters are generated which approach 5 waypoints in the zone, before they land again.

In the last Array you also see the number 202 for the Config entry.

You must modify this Config entry something, so that also helicopters can be generated:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_Unit_Pool_S = ["SoldierECrew","SoldierEPilot","RHS_rfmi_officer_c",.......]

_Unit_Pool_V = []

_Unit_Pool_T = []

_Unit_Pool_A = ["typeofHelicopter"]

_Unit_Pool_C = []

In the Array "_Unit_Pool_A" (A=Air) at least a valid entry must be put down for helicopter.

that's all....i hope ;-)

bye

silola

Trying to modify the demo MP mission a bit and I keep getting this error now.  Any clues where I should look to fix it?

DAC_MPerror.jpg

Perhaps there is not enough space in the designated area so it's unable to create the camp?, don't take my word for it however!.

Also as a testiment to how easy and flexiable this system is

I created a 'Pilot down' mission on cat afghan had plenty of zones with muhadjeen fighters all over the place searching for the pilot, and there is a rescue team sent in to save the poor pilot!, let's just say the following was tense whistle.gif, but after that it was simple and easy to expand it further, i added a freindly force following pre-designated waypoints, so there was this huge dynamic battlespace happening with very little input from the user (me), it works fine over MP and keeps the game quite lag free!.

Excellent work Silola and all others who contributed

Well, all I modified is which units are being used for thr players in the MP Demo 1.

Rudedog, try making the zone where that camp is bigger, and maybe put it a little further from another zone that has a camp. I don't think the system lets the camps get put down close to each other. I had the same thing (in the default mission, I just made the area a little bigger and it was no problem.

Problem is, I don't know which zone. The DAC_MP_Demo_1.eden mission works fine, but when I edit it and change 2 units to another class, it gives me that error. It doesn't say which zone I'd need to modify.

hi,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Trying to modify the demo MP mission a bit and I keep getting this error now. Any clues where I should look to fix it?

Use the dac markers to pursue the initialization.

(This goes, unfortunately, only in the SP mode)

For camps a gray marker is used.

Observe in which zone this marker finds no position.

Now you have to solve several possibilities the problem:

1. Put the zone to another position.

2. Change the size of the zone

3. or in the "DAC_Config_Waypoints.sqs" change the following (settings for camp)

_CheckRadius = 50> change to 40 or 35

a smaller area is thereby searched for objects.

_checkCount = 300> change to e.g. 500

more attempts are thereby started finding a suitable position

I hope this helps you icon_rolleyes.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I was in the middle of a video editing job until I saw that DAC was released....."cough" now after four hours of playing I am giggling like a silly school girl, erm.....and I'm way behind on schedule of the video thanks to DAC, lol.

sorry zayfod, I did not want this tounge2.gif Many thanks for your nice words. smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Freind said, that he was followed by enemy tank and... When he get into woods, tank tried to get there too.

Yes, passed sometimes. I must still fix this problem, sorry.

bye

silola

Silola

I have got to tell you that this is one amazing piece of work you have done. This takes Keycats GPII concept to a new level and beyond.  I have been plowing through the readme on this and have a question about activating zones. Ok here it goes.

Im confused about the activate and deactivate zone parameters. How would I assign a value to the parameter DAC_Activate when the trigger has already executed the DAC_init_zone.sqs within the trigger. Do you have an example of how you would activate/deactivate a zone.

Also let say I place a blank trigger on the map called "z1" and another trigger called "go1" that is activated by west with the the script [z1,[3,0,0],[3,2,15,6],[],[2,1,10,5],[],[0,202,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs" in it. Will this create a the "z1" zone when a west unit enters "go1"?

Nice tool  biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

Finally i can make missions fo myself, so they are unpredictable. Now its more fun playing my own mission  pistols.gif Akready thinking about creating mission for FDF smile_o.gif

Im confused about the activate and deactivate zone parameters. How would I assign a value to the parameter DAC_Activate when the trigger has already executed the DAC_init_zone.sqs within the trigger. Do you have an example of how you would activate/deactivate a zone.

Same here sad_o.gif

I Love it! DAC is the BEST!

Ahhhh I have done some experimentation and I think I understand. The values used for activation/deactivation are essentially ID numbers. Within the mission you can assign a value to the variabe DAC_Activate. When the mission starts the zone is created with no units in it. When the ID number is passed to the variable, units are created in the corresponding zone. This is excellent because ( an example), lets say your front line has moved passed that particular zone, you can create a separate trigger that is activated by east/west that creates the variable above and shuts down the zones that arent needed anymore. Nice work Silola.

Another question for you. When is Artillery going to be added to the AI side? Keycat had it in his system.

hi,

All zones must be initialized anyway at the beginning.

No matter whether the zone should be active directly or not, because

waypoints all at once are generated.

What you can activate with DAC or deactivate, is generating of units.

The activation or deactivating is not regulated above the zone itself

For it you must use in a Script the variable "DAC_Activate",

or uses a separate Trigger to adapt the variable.

Here a simple example:

You have 3 zones: z1 to z3

z1 should be generated directly at the beginning.

z2 should be generated after 15 minutes

z3 should be generated if the player approaches on 1500 m of the zone z3.

z1 it should be deactivated if the player 1000 m is away from zone z1.

You need for these plans exactly 3 numerical values:

1 number for the activation of the zone z2 >>>, e.g., 100

1 number for the activation of the zone z3 >>>, e.g., 101

1 number for deactivating the zone z1 >>>, e.g., 200

Now the Script calls for the zones:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[Z1,[1,0,200],[3,1,20,8],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[Z2,[2,100,0],[3,1,20,8],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

[Z3,[3,101,0],[3,1,20,8],[],[],[],[0,0,0]]exec "DAC\Scripts\DAC_Init_Zone.sqs"

In the first Array these values are filed:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

z1 = [1,0,200] > (ID = 1; value to activate = 0; value to deactivate = 200)

z2 = [1,100,0] > (ID = 2; value to activate = 100; value to deactivate = 0)

z3 = [1,101,0] > (ID = 3; value to activate = 101; value to deactivate = 0)

The values of activation and deactivating may not be same: [1,100,100] = false

Now in a separate Script you could question on the states and

the value of DAC_Activate hand over accordingly.

The Script could look so:

_n1 = time + 900

_n2 = 0

_n3 = 0

#loop1

~3

?((_n1 + _n2 + _n3) == 3):exit

?((time > _n1) && (_n1 == 0)):DAC_Activate = 100;_n1 = 1

?(((player distance z3) < 1500) && (_n2 == 0)):DAC_Activate = 101;_n2 = 1

?(((player distance z1) > 1000) && (_n3 == 0)):DAC_Activate = 200;_n3 = 1

goto "loop1"

Attention, you should insert always a small break when you liked to change the value of DAC_Activate several times one after the other.

I hope this helps a little.

bye

silola

I havn't gone over everything twice, thrice, etc, so I wanna know; is there a way to activate/deactivate a zone with a variable or boolean?

Edit: ^^That actually looks like it does what I asked. I just didn't understand it first time through.

Im still a bit confused but with that new information i think i get the just of it so im gona go and test a few things to see if i do get you lol

Quick question and maybe I missed it in the readme. Can armoured vehicles that can carry passengers like bmp have the inf group created for it?

Can you briefly describe what needs to be changed to use WW2 units and such?

And how can I add a unit init command for each created unit, like "this set dammage -1" for example?

wow_o.gif that's fantastic ! incredible tool !! if there's a way of mixing this with DMA it's gonna be an OFP revolution.

Guys, you're making it very difficult for ArmedA  notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Guys, you're making it very difficult for ArmedA

Very difficult for ArmA? I don't understand. If anything, this greatly helps ArmA because we'll have huge enviroments with non stop AI battles.