BadAss -Mapfact.net-

Mapfact.net releases DAC

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mapfact.net proudly presents the Dynamic AI Creator by Silola! yay.gif

dack.jpg

We finally finished the testing of the DAC. So the DAC V1.0 is waiting for you to download it. The meaning of the abbreviation "DAC" is Dynamic-AI-Creator and it is the newest work by Mapfact teammember Silola. His XCam-console made life easier for mission designers and so will the DAC. What's more DAC will add quite some dynamics to your mission as well.

The handling of the DAC is pretty easy. Nevertheles it has a very high extent of flexibility at its disposal and leaves itself very good bit to adjust at own needs.

Since the configuration of the Dynamic AI Creator isn't that easy at first, MCPXXL has started the project DAC Zonewriter.

This little tool is a very nice help for all DAC beginners to create their first AI zones.

The features of DAC

# Generate units and waypoints in so-called "AI-Zones" dynamically.

# Extremly high dynamics, which will be regenerated on every mission restard.

# Dynamic reduction of groups.

# create as many zones as you want and adjust their size in the editor.

# Configure every zone individually in the editor.

# Create up to four different unit categories per zone

# There are two kinds of Zones: Unit Zones and Waypoint Zones, easy to combine.

# Connect as many unit zones with eatch other as you want to.

# Connect as many waypoint zones with with unit zones as you want to.

# Create and load as many unit configurations per zone as you want to.

# Create and load as many behaviour configurations per zone as you want to.

# Dynamic AI - respawn in dynamicaly generated bases. (even infinitly)

# Keep zones at "standby", to create the units only when needed.

# Delete units out of a zone if you want to.

# Delete function on unit and group level (depending on time and/or distance).

# Add your predefined waypoints (for each unit category).

# Save created groups to use them in an other scripts.

# Dynamic AI Addon with 4 difficulty levels included.

# Further AI Addons are in the works

# Use DAC in MP Missions (it has been testet in Dedicated Server Areas only).

# Dynamic Weather included.

# Activate markers for control.

# Generate and adjust waypoints.

Please do read the readme file carefully. There  you'll hopefully find every answer to your questions. And of course are example missions to show you how the DAC works.

And we included a MP example mission as well! Try it out and let the AI teach you a lesson!  pistols.gif  nener.gif

A very BIG BIG Thank you to everbody involved into this major project:

- Honchoblack (DMA)

- Sanctuary (DMA)

- Tancrod (DMA)

- Aron

- Clausewitz

- MemphisBelle

- simba

And of course to Kyle who currently is proofreading the DAC read me file. As soon he's through it we'll update the file!

But let me guess, you'ld prefer having the DAC now instead of waiting some more? And frankly, the most of you guys will rather have a look at the example missions then into the read me, hm?!

As always, you're welcome to read more at Mapfact.net. welcome.gif

Download the DAC here

Download the Zonewriter here

Mission making masterpiece detected.

The big thing is now available.

Downloading now.

Thank you for this more than impressive work Silola and Mapfact , definitively the -summit- of what has impressed me in 4 years of OFP, just that if it can be of any indication to someone that never heard about D.A.C.

Even Mr T is agreeing.

dfgdgfd9jz.jpg

Congratulation to Silola for an excellent piece of work. And to MCPXXL for the helping zonewriter to help people define the zones in the begining, until they get used to the syntax of the arrays.

This is an excellent piece of work, which is easy to understand and use. This should also give a helping hand to people new to mission making, to lay an interesting foundation, on which missions can be build. Once people understand the true potential of this engine, I hope that alot of missions will make use of it, I know I will. thumbs-up.gif

This will definitely be helpful for all mission makers!

Unbelievable piece of work!

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

This will definitely be helpful for all mission makers!

Not only for mission makers actually.

Even without any mission making knowledge, you can already enjoy as a player , the "editor mission" demonstration without being bored for several months.

And noticing that it is working as greatly in SP and MP , Mr T is right.

smile_o.gif

Finally! What a superb tool!!

A big THANK YOU to all the Mapfact guys! notworthy.gif

Klavan

thx for the Tool guys! Will take me like a couple of months to learn everything this has to offer i think biggrin_o.gif

Off to testing more thumbs-up.gif

congratz !

outstanding work thumbs-up.gif

now we need some projects really make use of this masterpiece !

I got a question, in wich file and what line do i change what addon unit config im going to use? Trying to read through it all but i haven't figured out where im going to make my mission use other units than the bis one's..  biggrin_o.gif

the scripts are big but im think im starting to understand some of them  tounge2.gif

yeah the unit config i want to use is "#Unit_Config_202"

but how do i do if i want them to use say a custom chopper addon too ? say replace bis mi17 with our weapon mi-8 smile_o.gif

I'm completely stunned, in a positive way smile_o.gif This was exactly what I was waiting for and it arrived out of the blue!

Finally I can create missions for myself that are unpredictable for me biggrin_o.gif And its basically lag-free, the testmission that created 500 or so units ran really smooth.

Thank you!

1 question though, do the ai groups also react to other ai groups or only to the player?

A work of scripting genius and possibly the most useful OFP addon ever. I found it really easy to use too. I knocked together a basic Nam conversion in about 30 minutes.

Excellent work thumbs-up.gif

Like others said. And as was annouced a month or before. Just what we need. I started from reading pdfs (yes, i red before anything else :P ), I looked into demo missions (to find out exactly what I red before) and now I have only one problem :/ ...

Which idea for mission I should realize first :P

Beatiful thing for its flexibility. I love flexibility.

Incredible does not even begin to describe your work on this! notworthy.gif

Thank you for this. yay.gifyay.gif

I posted this in the ME&S forum before realising the was a completed thread for the topic...

Quote[/b] ]Awsome work Silola, MCPXXL and the whole Mapfact Team. thumbs-up.gif

I've only had a few minutes to test it out but am very impressed with the included tutorial missions, especially DAC_07_ReduceBigZone.Eden. I have a couple of questions though, I get an error message '...missing addon mfcti11' was this not included in the DAC d/load? Also how do I remove the enemy radio sidechat concerning enemy spotted etc? Sorry if this is covered in the readme I just haven't had time to go through it all yet.

Once again, kickass work to all involved. notworthy.gif

edit: Also, After a while i notice through the radio sidechat that individual units are being deleted, these are not corpses as it happens if I load a mission and wait, just wondering what's up with this?

hi,

many thanks to you everything for the nice praise.

@commando84:has the tip of badass helped you?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1 question though, do the ai groups also react to other ai groups or only to the player?

Yes!

With generated opposing units and with editor placed units on own side if they are put down in the Array DAC_Players.

You can read up this also in the Readme wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">yes, i red before anything else :P

This is exemplary thumbs-up.gif Could you understand everything?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">I have a couple of questions though, I get an error message '...missing addon mfcti11' was this not included in the DAC d/load? Also how do I remove the enemy radio sidechat concerning enemy spotted etc? Sorry if this is covered in the readme I just haven't had time to go through it all yet.

DAC has nothing to do with the called Addon.

Unfortunately, I cannot understand the mistake confused_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Also, After a while i notice through the radio sidechat that individual units are being deleted, these are not corpses as it happens if I load a mission and wait, just wondering what's up with this?

I am not sure whether I have properly understood your question.

Can you describe it sometimes differently?

And....thanks again !

bye

silola

Wow its works great, and i was actually scared, just like when i started playing OFP  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: and i keep getting my ass kicked tounge2.gif

Silola, MCPXXL and all involved, this is simply outstanding work! What you have made here is, quite simply, the best mission design tool anyone could ever dream of. From newb mission designers to distinguished experts - all will truly benefit from this dynamic framework.

This architecture allows for a streamlined, engaging, and frankly terrifying battlefield environment to be implemented into a mission as easy as 1 - 2 - 3. What has most impressed me is the resource management.

The readme documentation is second to none with 11 excellent demo missions to boot.

I was in the middle of a video editing job until I saw that DAC was released....."cough" now after four hours of playing I am giggling like a silly school girl, erm.....and I'm way behind on schedule of the video thanks to DAC, lol.

What's more, DAC seems to work perfect with ECP! smile_o.gif They seem to be made for each other. inlove.gif

Congratulations on your release and keep up the good work.

thumbs-up.gif

About ECP. Yes! In single player both sides are talking, shouting, fire, flank enemy. Ugh. I have to try it in MP (as I am mainly coop freak), but as I understood, enemy will not shout in MP. Is this going to be implemented in MP in future aswell? Just asking, because it is not a MUST. DAC is awsome even without it.

And when you said Group Link II is not inside the box, I was a bit afraid, that it is not so good as I thought. But when I start to play... well... I do not see much difference. Well... maybe I am blined, but I do not see at all :P

UPDATE

Freind said, that he was followed by enemy tank and... When he get into woods, tank tried to get there too.

We searched for the MP-Sound Bug (Silola) and didn´t found it until now... but i think he will not give up.

Some other things are waiting to be included.

One of them is the link to other AI System special Grouplink II

and Skyes KI System.

I made some Missions with Grouplink and some of his Features are missing... but we hope that keycat will have some time for it in the future.