Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

DMA European Resistance

Guest major gandhi

The best resistance troops being ever made!

my recommendation: DMA-Resistance Troops + VIT Apc Pack + RHS Troops + OWP's Mi8 and you got all you need for a couple of nice missions

DMARES02.jpg

And as what can be read there has not been updated since months, it seems i am not the only DMA member that have forgotten this tag thing wink_o.gif

Doh! I'm not even a member of DMA and it seems that I'm the only one using the tag (for the addon I made for Libya... actually honcho changed the DMA_libya.pbo name itself, too). tounge2.gif

Yes, your contribution to the Libya map reminded me of the tags, the first version of the Libya map still had a name recommended by the tutorial I used to make the map. whistle.gif First thing I did after recieving the first building pbo from you, was to port the map over to the DMA tag, I thought that DMA_Libya.pbo would fit nicer to the DMA_libya_o.pbo that you made. Sanctuary, I guess its time to give the taglisting at OFPEC an update. biggrin_o.gif

And thank you for the mirrors, joe@jonny. smile_o.gif

here is my part of it ;-)

I RES DMA Euro Normal;305

I RES DMA Euro HD;306

I EAST DMA Euro;307

I EAST DMA Euro HD;308

Are the Numbers in DAC and Zonewriter

I've been waiting and praying for these since the DMA pack was released - I'm too crap to do them myself but now... THERE IS A GOD!!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

thanks for the mirror joe@jonny.

ofpc.de and ofp.info mirrors added

I just finished the included mission. Excellent as usual, (boy I use the word excellent a lot when discussing DMA releases). I had possibly the best time I've had playing an OFP mission, if not ever at least the best fun I've had with it this year.

Only one of my men survived which bummed me out as I get a little attached to my troops. They fought valiantly though and the day was victorious. I had 57 kills to my credit, that may be my all time record. The lone survivor in my group probably had just as many if not more kills, he was mopping up with his dragunov and later an AK74 after he ran of ammo.

I saw two red smoke screens during a particularly fierce firefight (five of my eight men died in it), It really added ambiance was that a script? I also noticed when I died once that during the infamous "you are dead" camera sequence that one of my troops ran up and looted my corpse. A nice touch I've only seen that once before in a old Tonal mission.

Last thing I'll mention, I even resorted to my side arm during the mission. I think I've only had to resort to a pistol maybe one other time ever. Not that I hit anything with the Tokarev any way heh heh, the enemy was about 200 meters away.

So way to go, it was a very intense mission and I enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks Sputnik Monroe for the feedback, i took time to get this mission working like this with no performance drop despite the amount of AI you can possibly encounter, lots of mission making tricks used there smile_o.gif

Well done for completing it so soon, i hope you liked the outro.

The smoke is in fact not a script, that point is all managed by the default OFP AI behaviour.

Some grenadiers do not have only VOG25 grenade, they have some marker rounds, and when such AI is running out of VOG25 , they are using the marker rounds.

As i thought it was a very nice result for the mission ambiance, i did not removed their smoke loadout.

A lot less performance intensive than trying to manage smoke by scripts.

The AI looting your corpse when you are dead is not my work, it seems again default AI behaviour (yes, sometime OFP AI can be surprisingly good), i was really surprised during my tests to see this, i guess considering the firefights can hard on the amount of bullet fired, the new AI commander will order often to a depleted AI to reload on corpse, and yours is just one of them.

Or there is a builtin script in JAM that i am not aware of.

Some hints for people being a bit puzzled by the mission :

The mission can be hard or easy according to what you are doing, it remains challenging but in no way impossible if you use the proper tactics.

Keep in mind you are in enemy territory : the enemy is numerically a superior force and can call support, so a frontal and then static combat will only get your squad surrounded without any real hope to survive.

Remember your objective is to get to Morton, not to attack every enemy you can locate.

A good way to survive when your squad is detected is using this kind of guerilla tactic :

Attack -> retreat to safe enough position -> re-attack etc...

This way, even if you are not very good when it comes to shoot enemy at a distance, you can manage your way through the mission.

Staying static, unless you are in a very good defensive position will have a good chance to get you killed, after the enemy reinforcements come to the rescue.

Using this kind of tactic in my last tests, i finished the missino after 30mn with only a squadmate dead, and 34 personnal kills (my squad did an incredible job at picking the enemy for me smile_o.gif ), the final assault on Morton was really intense though smile_o.gif

Good stuff, this addon, very useful, very versatile, they really looks like some ad-hoc army would look.  Great work!

Liked the mission too.  I eliminated all mgunners from the woods above Morton with my trusty Dragunov, then we stormed into the town, which looks like deserted.  Then they start to pop out ... Finished it in my first attempt, without being killed once.  Send three BMPs sky high, and load of enemy dudes in their early grave.  Also killed one of my team mates during the process ('misidentity' crazy_o.gif ).

Great units! The ones with the camo are great to use as mercs while playing on Tonal. biggrin_o.gif

And I'm not trying to be rude and critisize, but I do have a suggestion... A little more variety in firepower would be great. Throw in some of the more common stuff... AKM (I know I saw a bunch of AK-74's, but I'm not sure about the AKM, so sorry if there is one), FN FAL, G3, SKS, M16, and maybe some other kind of sniper rifle. It would just add a bit of variety to the units.

Other than that these guys are great.

lots of JAM weapons are available for the units.

And if the current loadouts are not pleasing you, you can always modify with whatever weapons you want when making a mission with the removeallweapons, addmagazine and addweapon commands.

Quote[/b] ]Finished it in my first attempt,

Blame my testers that repeatedly told me the mission was "too hard" during the beta tests biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And if the current loadouts are not pleasing you, you can always modify with whatever weapons you want when making a mission with the removeallweapons, addmagazine and addweapon commands.

I edited the cpp to use RHS,ICP and modified Vilas weapons.

Awesome! biggrin_o.gif

I'm not a JAM fan. tounge2.gif

Excellent units, thanks a lot.

Just finished the demo mission, really enjoyable, snuck into the woods north of Morton and drew the men from the town into there, where my team fought bravely against them. Meanwhile I head down to the town, take out the machine gunners, 1 BMP and voila, mission complete!

That's very kind you've kept these models as MLOD format for people who wanna edit'em.

But I'm still a hard supporter of ODOL p3d, all ++ tools hate MLOD...'Sanc'd understand why...'

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Great units, missed these first time round thumbs-up.gif

Just a quick thumbs-up.gif

Having muchos muchos fun with these and the DAC system at the moment.

If this pack is updated I think there's a mistake in the ClassesNames.TXT

The readme is listed as having the east side version as est_res_ tag whereas my mission.sqm is reporting them as euro_est_ .

If I've missed something my apologies, just thought I'd let you know...

If this pack is updated I think there's a mistake in the ClassesNames.TXT

The readme is listed as having the east side version as est_res_ tag whereas my mission.sqm is reporting them as euro_est_ .

Oops, thanks for spotting this, certainly a last second mistake

updated the 1 post accordingly , with the good class names

I tend to use this addon in my campaign, but there's one 'problem': in ECP the units don't have Timed Grenades effect. Why's that? Can this be fixed?

These units use the jam eventhandlers. You can change that by removing the eventhandlers from the config.cpp of the addon.

Thanks.

But I'll not do this by-for myself, because then the other players of my campaign will not have that same change, and as 'insignificant' as this may be-looks, such changes can well interfere into the gameplay expirience (exsactly this effect in combination with the diminished killing radius of the hand grenades makes one of my older missions 'unplayable' in ECP). Beside of that this 'handicap' makes this addon 'unbalanced' e.g. not 'synchronised' with the other addons and units (this are the only units that I'm awared of it without this effect).

Thanks for reporting this, the eventhandlers in the current config are made to be compatible with ECP (as we added the ECP eventhandler support as it was instructed in the ECP page, when OFPEC was not down).

We added the fired eventhandler from JAM3 too so when playing outside of ECP, you could benefit of the JAM3 smoke fx when using a JAM missile launcher or JAM grenade smokes.

But as OFP can use only one fired eventhandler from a config, the JAM3 fired one takes priority over the ECP one, and as there is no delayed grenade support in JAM3, the JAM fired eventhandler prevent the ECP delayed grenade scripts , so the grenade just explode like the usual impact ones from default OFP.

If we do an update, we will remove this JAM3 specific eventhandler , if it does not break anything in the soldiers loadout.

@Sanctuary

So, can I-we count on the update (you've been not to specific in your answer)? I need to know this in order to wait on the updated version or to move on, and begin to search for some other apropriate units (which would be a real shame in my eyes; those wonderful units just don't deserve to have such an 'incopatibility' flaw).