Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi - 8 pack v 1.0 relased

thx Voyager[NO] for the .zip, i'll check it out once im home , right now im in school trying to figure out what to do cause im done with my daily job here at the moment tounge2.gif

Just downloaded this.  Looks outstanding!!  notworthy.gif

This is a great Christmas present!

GD Mast

i almost feel sorry for the Mi-2 in those pics... looks so small in comparison biggrin_o.gif

I have noticed Grad missile battery on those pics by Hidden Spectre. When did you guys (OWP) make those? Do they work in OFP?

You guys did a truly awesome job with this pack. Im using the low res version with virtually no lag and they still look great. Way to go.  yay.gif

I hope you get a chance to review the mi-2 and mi-26 again to bring the script/configs up to the quality of this pack. Fantastic work. Thanks again.

Just a small grumble - I understand the OWP team should have absolute rights to their own work, but is it really necessary to make the addon undecodable? Most other addons (in fact, this is the only one I have seen with protection) are not stolen, despite being decodable. I can't even gain access to the config file.

I just want to change some config display values and default crew. Perhaps this could be addressed in an update, or something?

tried out the editor examples and they where nice but i couldn't get the mi8 to fast rope people down when its taking a fire pk shots tounge2.gif i tried everything like allowfleeing 0 and putting waypoint to careless and never fire but it just then flow to nearby of the enemy troops and hoovered above the ground not dropping of the troops tounge2.gif

tried out the editor examples and they where nice but i couldn't get the mi8 to fast rope people down when its taking a fire pk shots  tounge2.gif   i tried everything like allowfleeing 0 and putting waypoint to careless and never fire but it just then flow to nearby of the enemy troops and hoovered above the ground not dropping of the troops  tounge2.gif

Very strange... I don't have such problem.

mi8ukf.jpg

well.... everyone else has, so why not another nener.gif - absaloutely love these choppers - the chain guns are an amazing achievement AND clever beyond belief - from the standpoint of an addon maker, the use of missile class to create a chain gun is brilliant and so effective its unreal - congratulations.

looking forward to the expansion of this pack with new stuff (hopefully) - im thinking of Medical versions, US versions etc etc

the use of missile class to create a chain gun is brilliant

Nice screen:)

Actually, the idea with chaingun on missile class was developed long time ago, u can watch this on Mi-2 (NSK gun)

Theres the same in Mi-8, but we also add drop effects to simulate tracers.

never noticed - excellent none-the-less

this addon has got me quite interested in Mil choppers over the past few days - i'd agree that it would be wise to continue with these choppers due to how many parts are widely used...

the Mi-14 looks extremely interesting (amphibious helicopter) compared to the others in the series, <s>although im not sure of any military aplication of it</s>

looks like the polish and the czechs use them in the military

top job smile_o.gif

tried out the editor examples and they where nice but i couldn't get the mi8 to fast rope people down when its taking a fire pk shots tounge2.gif i tried everything like allowfleeing 0 and putting waypoint to careless and never fire but it just then flow to nearby of the enemy troops and hoovered above the ground not dropping of the troops tounge2.gif

have u tried exec the rope script externally and putting the drop waypoint on countdown or anything to make it standstill

@ Dec. 08 2005,04:32)]If you have any troubles with functions of loading/unloading, some examples availables here

Anyone have a mirror for this?

Thanks

i don't know what you mean by externally, but i'll try the count down to see if it will stand still longer smile_o.gif

One more thing I found during a bit of testing smile_o.gif -

the open/close window commands remain after the chopper is dead, and can cause the player to go into the sitting animation if the action is selected.

Excellent work! These things are awesome.