Sign in to follow this  
ACES_KEVIN

Statistical Recording System Of Some Type

On one hand, i would hate to promote even more "point whoring", but on the other hand i really like the system Battlefield2 has in place.

Definitely somethng to look into tounge2.gif

Just my 2cents though.

For people who are not enlightened in the way of 'battlefield2'

could you provide a detailed explanation and explain why it is better than current one. Thankyou.

Surely, to start off here is the brief preview EA provide as one of the games features.

Quote[/b] ]Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock new weapons, medals, and more.

Basically what that means is, as a player progresses in online play they will recieve certain promotions and medals. There are various ways to earn over 25 medals, all viewable by anybody on your online profile.

It compiles statistics such as:

-Kills

-Deaths

-Kills Per Minute

-Deaths Per Minute

-Score Per Minute

-Deaths Per Round

-Kills Per Round

-Kills with a specific weapon

-Deaths with a specific weapon

-Accuracy with a specific weapon (very cool)

The game keeps track of everything, its almost ridiculous. The better your perform the higher your score and ratings get, the higher your rank gets.

When you attain higher ranks, you can unlock new weapons, and gain an advantage when applying to command in game.

So i just think there is unlimited possibilities in some sort of system which records and displays statistics possibly rewarding you for them.

pistols.gif

Wouln't work.

Why? OFP also has missions that dont involve killing (Ie racing) , or have coop missions where you have to lie in ambush for ten minutes or something.

Plus, we don't use respawn in allot of (coop) missions.

In short: OFP is too complex to find a way of measuring how "good" you are. Plus, there is no reason why you cannot pick up a anti-tank rifle. the point is that YOU have to learn to use it, not your ingame muppet. good example of this is learning to use grenade launchers, or new AT weapons. etc.

How good are you in ofp depends on staying alive rather than killing ppl/AI...

Besides, if you`re good at ofp you know it, and your coop mates also know it, so there`s really no need to proove it...

I have to admit,if bf2 didn't have these awards to try to get,I would probably have very little interest in it,thats the only reason I play it to be honest.

And its not like you could spawn camp somebody in a tank because theres no such thing as respawning,it would forever to get anywhere. rofl.gif

I could already see it...

*soldiers are running through a field when an enemy soldiers spots them*

solids-run

enemy soldier *takes out LAW and fires* *BOOM*

soldiers: OMG!

es: PWNED!

*later*

*soldiers are running through the woods with the same guy stalking them*

grenadier *turns around and fires an M203 grenade which kills him*

es: NOOB!

specops: OMG WTF?! Why I can't I throw my satchel charges...ey wheres teh detonater?! WHOSE CHEATING?!

*guy gets into a tank*

guy:.....wtf....why isn't the turret turning?!!?!?!

...Nah..in a way..like jumping,it does more harm than good.

a full SRS wouldn't be possible as i'm pretty sure BIS doesn't have the money to run the necessary super-servers to keep track of these things (as well as the fact that "unlocking" stuff wouldn't really work too well in ofp).

what i think would be cool, though, was if the person you selected to play as in a given mission was only "skilled" in certain areas, so you couldn't drive a tank or fly a helicopter if you were just an infantry grunt, shoot an AA missile if you were a machinegunner, shoot a machinegun if you were a medic, etc. the skills could be set by the mission maker and/or addon maker, and even changed mid-game (start out as a civilian, resistance officer teaches you how to shoot a rifle, your accuracy greatly increases, your recoil greatly decreases, etc.). and the player could have varying effects based on whether they were skilled in similar areas. for example: an mi-24 pilot could probably figure out how to fly an ah-64 (or no?) but maybe not handle it as well, a rifleman could probably use a machinegun, but perhaps not handle the recoil as well, etc. just an idea...

Maybe have the option so that a dedicated server can actually keep stats off players that have played on it. So if you run a server with just ctf then it will store all your details (kills, deaths etc), could be a good way also of keeping the tks and idiots off your servers also.

Please for the love of god please don't let it happen, at least not on the BF2 scale. I stopped playing BF2 after they screwed with rankings... I was #2 in helos too!

Like the above post, I would like to see server statistics but NOT global statistics. it's too much of a contest.