Sign in to follow this  
Buttabean

release over steam

Against it. Takes an extra chunk of hard disk space, keeps people from playing the game with that retarded decompile crap (internet connection required).

Great idea by Valve, but I think it's going to sail away into the mist like AAE.

And steam is not safe... (you can get every game for free)

dont ask more...

Well I guess the poll shows what people here thinks about steam. There's really not much to discuss.

Devinetivly (hope is it right) against steam. I want a real ArmA CD/DVD in my hand.

If look back how often if I've reinstalled Ofp/res because patches are failed or addons have damed my ofp installation. I would be cracy with steam. (I know you need only one time to register and any new installation only a new log in but I hate steam)

Digital Distrubition in it's infancy...in a few years, you'll see alot more of these systems coming up. Steam is the forerunner that has to handle all the bugs and exploits :P

If the game were to be released via Steam, it'd have to have a separate way of confirming purchase for playing on Multiplayer. Separately entered CD Key sent by BIS? Or something similar. Too easy to download Steam Down.

Steam is a nice concept, Autoupdate on start very good, you could also use steam in offline mode to if you want to play singelplayer..

Maybe bohemia could make its own steam concept program..

About to get them on cd, well when buy the game over steam, you will also get them delivered home after you purchase it, just that you will be getting the game download immedelty after you order it is a very big + so you dont have to wait days and even week until you get it..

Im for steam if it would mean it gets the freaking game on my PC faster. Thats all that really maters, manuals can be in PDF format.

One thing that steam stops/dramatically lessens is, priate copies of mulitplayer being played. The BIS team deserve every penny they get.

who would like to see that happen? smile_o.gif

You must be running a steaming fever. Stop that nonsense! huh.gif

Pro, because there won't be a publishener who sets the deadline...

Best example is jsut released XÅ‚.... these was burstin into pieces at the beginning, because of all these damn bugs creeping around.

Steam->Money for the GameStudio itself

Steam->Instant patching

Steam->No illegal copies

Steam->Less bugs

and so on...

do not say Steam is bad ... i read about some games prepared to be Steam released and they plan to sell retail copies and these will be completely Steam free ....

you don't need use Steam as "only" authorizing system ...

You can use it ONLY and JUST as distribution system ...

and when You think about 6-7 millions of Steam users ...

is worth the time to consider it as "optionable" solution ...

Too bad that at the moment Steam is still a buggy piece of crap. I originally installed it more than a year ago when I purchased my copy of HL2, and it is still as bad as was them. Many functions not working properly, flawed game updates, need to be online all the time if you want to play something, uses too much of the CPU etc.

I would love to see this released on steam. It's been very good to me thus far, but I've been building my own systems up from scratch for ages and I keep my system running cleanly. Haven't suffered any problems, was running Half-Life 2 15 minutes after release smile_o.gif

I don't think steam would be a bad idea. You can always backup the game to disk, and I've never had any of the problems with offline play. It would be great for addon distribution.

If ArmA was released exclusively over Steam, I would not buy it. Simple as that.

If they released it over Steam, then they should have a option of playing single player offline unlike HL-2. You do not need a constant Internet connection to make missions on your mission editor.

If they released it over Steam, then they should have a option of playing single player offline unlike HL-2.  You do not need a constant Internet connection to make missions on your mission editor.

what You speak about?

-unplug Network cable.

-start Steam

-You will be informed about Steam unable connect and asked to continue in offline mode or re-try

- choose continue in offline mode

- start HL2

- play HL2 singleplayer

simple ....

Arg, this is making me angree... A lot of people don't know anything about steam and are posting comments, which do influence other people negativly...

You do not need a all time running internet connection for SP mode... banghead.gif

-unplug Network cable.

Hahaha!

Sorry, but in OFP neither I need a CD in my drive, neither do I need a connection, neither do I need to unplug my network cable when I want to play it.

This is customer friendly. And I hope that BIS won't punish its customers because others are pirating or cheating.

-unplug Network cable.

Hahaha!

Sorry, but in OFP neither I need a CD in my drive, neither do I need a connection, neither do I need to unplug my network cable when I want to play it.

This is customer friendly. And I hope that BIS won't punish its customers because others are pirating or cheating.

Only the 1.96 patch enabled us to play without a CD in the drive. I suppose they did that on purpose as it's the last patch and it extends the life of the CD's.

-unplug Network cable.

Hahaha!

Only the 1.96 patch enabled us to play without a CD in the drive. I suppose they did that on purpose as it's the last patch and it extends the life of the CD's.

Yes, I know, but think about it: Isn't it nice?

Isn't it nice, to play without all the f**king restrictions companies try to force on us?

I rather give those companies my money who are all for fair use, not some obscure distribution- and "spyware"-system.

But I stop here, since this will lead to discussions not allowed on this forum.