Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]Btw, why are U playing COD2 on Xbox? There is a PC version and it's F*****g excellent

No its the XBox 360 version which is a lot better than the PC version (I have both).

I agree with moving vegetation such as trees and also rustling bushes but moving grass will add problems.

And Mr Admin, wheres your sense of Christmas spirit?

No its the XBox 360 version which is a lot better than the PC version (I have both).

What are your PC system specs? (video, RAM, CPU)

I had read that the PC and 360 versions of COD2 were very similar.

Back on topic, happy to see an update on ArmA. It'll be worth the wait. smile_o.gif

And Mr Admin, wheres your sense of Christmas spirit?

it was present until you started your childish behavior.

now now girls, lets all get on shall we tounge2.gifyay.gif

I was just thinkin I hope someone doesnt make a "serialkiller" on that huge arma island! !, can u imagine the length of each session?!!?, the killer would never be found rofl.gif

why won't we have about 5 SKs and 59 cops then with that new multiplayer code? smile_o.gif

OK overall the graphics in Armed Assault is a real face lift for OFP. BUT! Look at the water in this picture:

http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/ArmA_Progress_02.jpg

Seriously... if they've spent time making the game look more attractive, why couldn't they just spend a few more minutes with the water and make it look a bit more real? It sure does look wierd to me. confused_o.gif (and then we have the tiling bumpmap textures)

But I won't let a thing like that take down the game biggrin_o.gif OFP it the best game ever, and I hope that ArmA will fix what was missing in OFP (AI etc.)

Im pretty sure the BIS staff aint blind. Maybe the waters a work inprogress, im sure itll be fixed by release.

What are your PC system specs? (video, RAM, CPU)

I had read that the PC and 360 versions of COD2 were very similar.

Back on topic, happy to see an update on ArmA. It'll be worth the wait. smile_o.gif

Im running a Pentium 3.4 ghz CPU with 1 gig of ram, a Radeon X700 GFX card and an Audigy 2 soundcard. The differences are quite a lot if you look closely. The clothing on soldiers in the XBox 360 version are all textured and look to be bump mapped. All 360 games are HDTV compliant which makes a huge difference, even on a normal TV. Resolutions can run in 720 and 1080i.

Remember that the XBox 360 uses 3 x 3.2ghz processors which are dual threaded and specially designed by IBM just for this machine. Also the ATI graphic cards runs at 500mhz.

The XBox 360 is more powerful than any PC currently available on the market.

It would be great to see ArmA on the 360. I think we are just stepping into the age where the line blurs between the capability of the PC and the console. No more will the PC rule the roost with the latest games. Take Oblivion for example. Apparently the developers are having a hard time getting everything to work on the PC version and yet they have no problems with the 360.

OK overall the graphics in Armed Assault is a real face lift for OFP. BUT! Look at the water in this picture:

http://www.bistudio.com/games/aa/ArmA_Progress_02.jpg

Seriously... if they've spent time making the game look more attractive, why couldn't they just spend a few more minutes with the water and make it look a bit more real? It sure does look wierd to me. confused_o.gif (and then we have the tiling bumpmap textures)

But I won't let a thing like that take down the game biggrin_o.gif OFP it the best game ever, and I hope that ArmA will fix what was missing in OFP (AI etc.)

...things You see are waves ...

waves1.jpg

waves2.jpg

wavesonheadland.jpg

waveslongshorecartoon.jpg

p.s. 2 moderator, if pictures are problem please exchange for links to them ... thx

But i'm more worried about "rivers / streams / branches" ... that's one of main landscape features which were missing in OFP/OFPR ... and considering Armed Assault again increases size of OFPR area then no rivers will kick realism and strategy factor one level down ...

But i'm more worried about "rivers / streams / branches" ... that's one of main landscape features which were missing in OFP/OFPR ... and considering Armed Assault again increases size of OFPR area then no rivers will kick realism and strategy factor one level down ...

Yes, it would be a shame if we wouldn't have rivers... But neither they're mentioned in the feature list, nor you can spot them on the screenshots, so I guess, they won't be included.

You can see a bridge in one of the old screenshots (over water)... bridges tend to go over rivers.

I take a break from studying for exams, from my Physical science class where all I've been studying is wave dynmaics. Come to the forums for a good break AND NOW THERE IS NOWHERE TO ESCAPE

I take a break from studying for exams, from my Physical science class where all I've been studying is wave dynmaics. Come to the forums for a good break AND NOW THERE IS NOWHERE TO ESCAPE

Did U not know Dwarden was your tutor!!  rofl.gif

You can see a bridge in one of the old screenshots (over water)... bridges tend to go over rivers.

We had that in OFP, too.

I mean rivers, which aren't on sealevel, but flow down hills and mountains wink_o.gif

Nice news, only noticed today.

I was looking forward for ArmaA release, but if the improvements are that great how can I complain? lol. Besides, I just downloaded FFUR 2005 and 1985, and this was enough to make me come back to OFP after a few months of not using it. So with FFUR instaled now, I can wayt for ArmaA happy without going nuts.

Good work BIS.

Regards.

@CERO.

Nice news, only noticed today.

I was looking forward for ArmaA release, but if the improvements are that great how can I complain? lol. Besides, I just downloaded FFUR 2005 and 1985, and this was enough to make me come back to OFP after a few months of not using it. So with FFUR instaled now, I can wayt for ArmaA happy without going nuts.

Good work BIS.

Regards.

@CERO.

If U wait just a bit longer for Thunderbird84 to release version 6 of his great FFUR mod, U will avoid all the little bugs and the mod will be like playing a brand new game!

Follow his thread in these forums, I expect he will be anouncing it very soon! With this mod ARMA can definetely wait!  pistols.gif  yay.gif