Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Well all i can say is im of to be well pished of on Friday, knowing that all them Czech people will be online playing the game. Not sure if i can stand another 4-6 months of playing Battlefield while i wait. So Gold, Pink, Red, whatever colour its gone, i dont really care, it wont bring the United Kingdom release any sooner.

yeah it sucks... Well whos up for a trip to Germany?

Instead of chewing your nail's and waiting for ArmA, why don't we all install ofp to latest patch install a couple C&H maps and play this ALL weekend and show BIS and our community that we are back! I'm sure one of you guys could host a server plus a install map/mod pack for the weekend!

imagine :- BF1944 map beening played with a full server everyone on t/s and talking/playing with some mod's  pistols.gif  smile_o.gif  Hey we might even get some BIS joinning smile_o.gif

Get the beer in...kick the gf/wife out and take away the pain of waiting for the demo

what ya think? who's going to step up to the job..

MAGPIE

I'm not actually going to germany, but I'll buy a german copy for sure. For MP play I guess it'll work out just fine smile_o.gif and if it dont, I'll just roam around Sahrani in german.. Achtung!

Achtung!

"Ich möchte diesen Teppich nicht kaufen. Bitte."

-----------------------------------------------

Can't wait for news on the german special edition, as my friends will buy me that one as a birthday present  yay.gif

And well - gonna need to buy me a new PC now, the old one will only meet minimum specs  crazy_o.gif

Instead of chewing your nail's and waiting for ArmA, why don't we all install ofp to latest patch install a couple C&H maps and play this ALL weekend and show BIS and our community that we are back! I'm sure one of you guys could host a server plus a install map/mod pack for the weekend!

imagine :- BF1944 map beening played with a full server everyone on t/s and talking/playing with some mod's pistols.gifsmile_o.gif Hey we might even get some BIS joinning smile_o.gif

Get the beer in...kick the gf/wife out and take away the pain of waiting for the demo

MAGPIE

thats a good idea!

Well the vodka/wodka (don't know wich is the czech one) there is almost as cheap as a bottle of water according to my gf so I guess that he is used to that stuff and have found something stronger to celebrate with xmas_o.gif

The czechs aren't known for their vodka, they're known for their beer. No wonder they've got the world's highest beer consumption. biggrin_o.gif

intbierkons.gif

Budvar is a really great beer. notworthy.gif

I guess I'll have to drink some while waiting for the demo...

edit: German gaming magazine Gamestar looks for some people to test the game with them.

http://www.gamestar.de/news....er.html

Munich, Germany.

Well the vodka/wodka (don't know wich is the czech one) there is almost as cheap as a bottle of water according to my gf so I guess that he is used to that stuff and have found something stronger to celebrate with xmas_o.gif

The czechs aren't known for their vodka, they're known for their beer. No wonder they've got the world's highest beer consumption. biggrin_o.gif

[im]http://www.api.or.at/akis/kurzinfo/intkons/gif/intbierkons.gif[/img]

edit: German gaming magazine Gamestar looks for some people to test the game with them.

Munich, Germany.

Actually, my favorite czech beer is urquell (spelled with some umlaut, this crappy UNIX machine won't let me, though).

Im so ashamed for being danish though, only a fifth place - I do what I can to make it better, though.

Must be all the 'private' importing from germany smile_o.gif

Actually, my favorite czech beer is urquell (spelled with some umlaut, this crappy UNIX machine won't let me, though).

Im so ashamed for being danish though, only a fifth place - I do what I can to make it better, though.

Must be all the 'private' importing from germany smile_o.gif

Pilsner Urquell is nice, true.

The formula I believe is:

Beer production plus beer imports minus beer exports. So a tourist drinking/buying beer in Czechia counts as a Czech and it's not a 100% accurate.

Nahnah, Austria's in front of Denmark. tounge2.gif

I'm not actually going to germany, but I'll buy a german copy for sure. For MP play I guess it'll work out just fine smile_o.gif and if it dont, I'll just roam around Sahrani in german.. Achtung!

dont forget the bis information.

in all countrys the game is english.

only subtitles, menu options ans stuff like that will be in the country slang.

well, but that's exactly the problem.

I'm not able to read czech/polish/russian/etc mission briefings so the only thing I could do with a non-german version would be to mess around with the editor (if I get the editor-menus partly translated and they are not much different from the old OFP-Editor) and play a few multiplayer matches.

Other than that, I most likely won't be able to understand (and thus play the campaign right) nor able to work on a mod, because there has been no information on a release of the tools.

imagine :- BF1944 map beening played with a full server everyone on t/s and talking/playing with some mod's  pistols.gif  smile_o.gif  Hey we might even get some BIS joinning smile_o.gif

MAGPIE

thats a good idea!

I think there would be to much Deysinc, and i dont think i could look at the graphics and be happy, knowing what Armed Assault graphics are like. I could however join team speak to moan like hell. As for chewing my nails theres the other problem, i have already chewed them off, that was in the 1Q 2006 when there was talk about the game been released then. So this friday i think ill just have the day of, moan my ass of at anyone i come across and sing "It's A Long Way To Tipereri"

PS Thanks for the offer though.

yea I understand dudester

Come on anyone going to come up with a plan?huh.gif

Or could BIS host a server? for a special farewell to ofp weekend or something you get my drifft whistle.gif

MAGPIE

i opend up a forum thread about CTI Multiplayer mod in ArmA and dont understand why Placebo closed it after answer. i hoped we all can write more about the game modes and the infos we know about that.

does anybody of you guys know a website were i can get more information about all the modes includet in the game?

i am working on a taktikal Sahrani map allready. and dont have anough info...

Quote[/b] ]edit: German gaming magazine Gamestar looks for some people to test the game with them.

Thx for the info.

I already apllied. thumbs-up.gif

Update: There will be a media stream available today at 18.00 that will show some ingame footage of Arma. I´m not sure if they are using the final version already, but I guess so.

Gamestar TV

Quote[/b] ]edit: German gaming magazine Gamestar looks for some people to test the game with them.

Thx for the info.

I already apllied. thumbs-up.gif

Update: There will be a media stream available today at 18.00 that will show some ingame footage of Arma. I´m not sure if they are using the final version already, but I guess so.

Gamestar TV

Hope you're getting in. smile_o.gif

But you've got to pay for it. GSTV is only for GS.de premium users. confused_o.gif

Is anyone going to the Czech Republic this weekend and wants to send me a copy of Armed Assault, then just give me a message in here. Or does anyone from the Czech Republic actually visit these forums. Since BIS got the game to you first, im sure there are some Czech people here arnt there?? One other thing, will the game be a budget buy in Germany in 4-6 months time, when the game is released else where.

Is anyone going to the Czech Republic this weekend and wants to send me a copy of Armed Assault, then just give me a message in here. Or does anyone from the Czech Republic actually visit these forums. Since BIS got the game to you first, im sure there are some Czech people here arnt there?? One other thing, will the game be a budget buy in Germany in 4-6 months time, when the game is released else where.

I don't think that the price will go down much in 6 months. Maybe it wont be lower at all.

@MAGPIE

Load OFP Watch I am sure you will find a server that is running at least a CTI or even a C&H mission.

I know most of them will do an auto addon download (with OFP Watch) so you will have the required mods.

I can assure you some of the CTI's can last over 4 hours!!

All i want is the czech's to post on you tube all the ingame footage they have, showing all the features that were questioned. eg. Reloading, running, sound, AI, EVERYTHING AHHH!!!

All i want is the czech's to post on you tube all the ingame footage they have, showing all the features that were questioned. eg. Reloading, running, sound, AI, EVERYTHING AHHH!!!

that would call alot of new fans for sure..

would it be a smart move? so why don't they do it wink_o.gif

maybe to that we need to wait for the demo or german version

ahha.. good idea, i didnt think it from a marketing point of view.. You tube, Google Vids, well im all for the idea.

intbierkons.gif

Munich, Germany.

Thats incredible, Ireland has the second highest beer consumption in the world? holy crap the island is about 10 football fields, they must shower in it,and flush their toilets with it, it must rain beer there, hell the streets must be made of beer ... wow_o.gif

looks like the czechs have paid a heavy price for there early christmas present sad_o.gif

czech arma

Pooh ,that must be like finally getting laid by the prettiest girl in school and finding out she got a dose of the crabs.

in the words of simon cowell "its gonna be a no from me"