Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I hope that is going to be in ArmA (although that clip 'is' ArmA, or VBS2 uses the exact same units (as placeholders?), but i think its going to be in, would be weird if its not.. tounge2.gif

Anyway, the vid is cool and the AI looks quite intelligent 9taking cover before firing etc is nice), but a list of exact changes from the OFP AI would be nice, as it might be hard to spot things.. smile_o.gif

i am sure 80 % of whats in vbs2 qill be in arma, just think arma will be like res was for vbs1 ,the largest r&d dept in the world smile_o.gif.

most of the top mod makers went on to work/make things/have been asked questions/advice for bis and Darwars do pm people asking them questions.

back on topic placebo said the ambient life will be moddable in this way with the fsm i am 99% sure he also said the ai will be.

btw the rest of the vids are here wink_o.gif

linky pooh

Gives you an insight on how the AI works.

Agent AI - 78.2 mb (Right click and Save As..)

But please don't whine if this AI doesn't include in ArmA, it's not the same "game"/program. And try not to discuss the program from which this movie clip is from,

this is strictly ArmA-related I'm talking about.

Enjoy the clip smile_o.gif

did u see the rear guy keep checking the back of the group. wow the contact, the three men offer fire spport while the other guy moves forward. this leaves me wondering whats gonna be left to work on in game 2.

ps u dont know if that stuff will be implemented into ArmA yet for the 505 release

I wish i could have the realtime editor for multiplayer in Arma.

You could play ArmA like Neverwinternight, a game master and a cooperative players squad. The gamemaster doing the mission on the flow with his imagination and possibility offer by the game, will the players try to realize the mission objectives set by the GM.

Would be simply awesome. RPG.

do we get the real time editor in Arma for atleast singleplayer editing???

do we get the real time editor in Arma for atleast singleplayer editing???

i was asking the same question.

MP, SP should be the same thing..

Off Topic Movies (VBS2)

UAU! inlove.gif

i want them in ARMA!

i want them in ARMA!

"I want" doesn't get wink_o.gif

Don't get you hopes up, I've heard that a lot of the VBS2 systems have been developed at BIA specifically for VBS2, and therefore are highly unlikely to ever be released into the public domain.

Don't get you hopes up, I've heard that a lot of the VBS2 systems have been developed at BIA specifically for VBS2, and therefore are highly unlikely to ever be released into the public domain.

Yes, otherwise that would make Armed Assault too awesome.

China would buy a single of copy of Armed Assault. And then, then... why- they'd be UNSTOPPABLE!

Just to kill the speculation...

http://www.vbs2.com/media/docs/vbs2_functionality_2_0.pdf

Note the VBS2 exclusive features.

*100x100 km maps.

*Import of VMAP shape data...

*Dynamic destructible buildings (under dev).

*Personal inventory system (under dev).

*Real time editor.

*Admin user logon modes..

*Interact with vehicles action menu thing.

*AAR data recording.

*HLA and DIS compatible.

*Improved simulation of weapon platforms and vehicles.

*Support for engineering and logistics. (bridges and stuff..wow)

*Fire support (cas, arty).

Not bad hey? Some would be quite useless but others would make a diference (inventory system, RT editor, logistics and fire support etc).

Oh well smile_o.gif .

Gasp

IMO that movie is old, just look at the sprint anim.

The AI video is very nice! I'm downloading the other vids, i wonder how the realtime editor is like. inlove.gif

I'm so confused. Is this VBS2 program going to be in AA?

VSB2 is going to be a successor to VBS1 (virtual battlespace system) and it's a military training simulator that uses the same engine as ArmA "real virtuality 2", if i'm not mistaken.

Altough it's a different product, it's nice to look at those videos and concentrate on the bits that are likely to be in ArmA.

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>(btw. my first post to these forums... Kinda got bored of just lurking wink_o.gif )</span>

Just to kill the speculation...

http://www.vbs2.com/media/docs/vbs2_functionality_2_0.pdf

Note the VBS2 exclusive features.

*100x100 km maps.

*Import of VMAP shape data...

*Dynamic destructible buildings (under dev).

*Personal inventory system (under dev).

*Real time editor.

*Admin user logon modes..

*Interact with vehicles action menu thing.

*AAR data recording.

*HLA and DIS compatible.

*Improved simulation of weapon platforms and vehicles.

*Support for engineering and logistics. (bridges and stuff..wow)

*Fire support (cas, arty).

Not bad hey? Some would be quite useless but others would make a diference (inventory system, RT editor, logistics and fire support etc).

Oh well smile_o.gif .

Speaking of the features I wonder where climbing over obstacles have gone... I assume that if it were in ArmA it would be in VBS2 too. But threre's no word about it in the VBS2 features. I hope BIS didn't give up the idea..

I can hear him coming out of his cave going.... pistols.gif

Better discuss VBS2 HERE or the Uberadmin will rip ya heads off... tounge2.gif

Speaking of the features I wonder where climbing over obstacles have gone...

I hope BIS didn't give up the idea..

I dont understand your post.

Are you saying they mentioned to maybe add climbing to ArmA?

If so, I didnt know and do you have more info about it?

huh.gif

that vbs2 video is old, and was shown at ITEC 2006 this year... as for the exclusive features - i was pretty sure that i saw somewhere that there would be a, although limited, arty support in arma?

that vbs2 video is old, and was shown at ITEC 2006 this year... as for the exclusive features - i was pretty sure that i saw somewhere that there would be a, although limited, arty support in arma?

i thought artillery would be something they definately would have put in this time around because it was something that almost every modmaker and scripter tried to make, would be a real shame if it was ignored in arma, although i suppose if you think about the game itself and the situation maybe US forces didn't have arti on the island but still, for mission editior it would be advantageous

ArmA has artillery, confirmed a long time ago. Now can we move beyond discussing VBS2 please as it's not pertinent to this thread or this forum.

ArmA has artillery, confirmed a long time ago. Now can we move beyond discussing VBS2 please as it's not pertinent to this thread or this forum.

good to hear - now if a video showing this artilery were to be made... oh yes... think of the dancing bananas biggrin_o.gif

good to hear - now if a video showing this artilery were to be made... oh yes... think of the dancing bananas biggrin_o.gif

Better Still a demo notworthy.gif

Maybe if we have a whip round and raise some funds placebo could slip a demo into out pockets and we will just have to fight over who gets first dibs lol.

Seriously is there any news on a demo release date yet ?

i would sleap easier with a date in my lil head lol confused_o.gif