Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

in my opinion the flyth controls could be someting like battlefield 2 for the chopers (butt a realistic one cause in bf2 the chopers have to much torq looks like theres no Gforce) and for the planes as well

am i the only one here to think that a too-hard-to-control chopper/plane would kind of ruin to fun of the game?

The thing i liked about OPF was that it was very hard to fly the planes and helis , well it was hard to aim and hit anything,but i practiced all the time which made me one of the best when in dogfights and airstrikes, of course there was only about 250 players at the time on gamespy. point is, making flying hard makes it more fun , and makes it so some people dont even wanna fly which is good for those who JUST wanna fly BF2 makes it so any monkey can fly the planes, so every monkey is there waiting for it to spawn

Oh BTW i saw some military footage of what a 50 cal sniper rifle does to a insurgent,,, it was unbeliveable, it not only cut them in half, it actually made the lower half FLY through the air 15-20ft and in some cases just splattered them into chunky kibble, made me proud to be an american

if you read carefuly you se i has no comparating cause is not comparable i has talking about the control type

"Comparing BF2 to ARma deserves a ban" yeah bf2 would be compared to be the Atari game system in the 70's-80's BF2 aint even close or how do u say kinda like a Monkey tryin to f....x a football. Besides that BIS has the player in mind, EA/Dice has EA/Dice in mind an just wants to make money like BF2142 which is basically BF2 just differnt vehicles an weopans an time phrame.

Hi Guys,

I’m newbie here and I wanted to ask you some things about ArmA. I’m sorry if these were asked before.

From the thousands of images that I‘ve seen now, I couldn’t found one about railroad tracks and/or stations with fright or passengers trains. I see this is not a priority, but will add more realism to the geographic environment and new military objectives, as trains could be used to carry troops and vehicles around the island.

I haven’t seen anything related to ports and/or anchored ships.

Why aren’t helicopter pilots and tank drivers modeled with their respective uniforms? The images currently show infantrymen operating those vehicles.

Related to this last one, will only pilots and drivers be able to operate those vehicles?

Thx a lot.

Welcome Scorp, Pilots etc are in the works as we have noticed from early screenshots from arma and BIS has no reason to exclude them so yes in the end there shall be pilot models, its likely that any unit class can use any vehicle as this allows CTI's, CTFs, DMs etc to be alot more open.

As regards to trains, yes it was done it OFP however its alot of work and although it would add ambience in ArmA the final will no doubt exclude this as the developers see many more pressing issues to be dealt with. smile_o.gif

Remember the community will no doubt take ArmA to town and open it up for things such as trains etc to be added in on a later date.

And in the ocean side of things currently we only have confirmation of fast attack boats and patrol boats, static ships maybe included however the community will have no trouble in this case.

I hope that answered your questions breifly [its late wink_o.gif ]

Oh BTW i saw some military footage of what a 50 cal sniper rifle does to a insurgent,,, it was unbeliveable, it not only cut them in half, it actually made the lower half FLY through the air 15-20ft and in some cases just splattered them into chunky kibble, made me proud to be an american

I'm pretty sure that video you're talking about actually was a gopher or other rodent that was hit with a 50cal, which would explain why the corpse flew so high...the video wasn't very clear but i'm pretty sure it isn't a human.

Yeah an I also can't remember Mod or Addon but I did a while back see where there was a what looked to br either a fully functional either Frgate or Destroyer.

I'm pretty sure that video you're talking about actually was a gopher or other rodent that was hit with a 50cal, which would explain why the corpse flew so high...the video wasn't very clear but i'm pretty sure it isn't a human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5QS57-1f2Y

This is what a .50 cal sniper can do to a <s>human</s> animal imagine whatll do to a human

This is what a .50 cal sniper can do to a <s>human</s> animal imagine whatll do to a human

How about we all stop talking about 50 caliber sniper rifles?

A 50 caliber something is a 50 caliber anything... the damage inflicted by a single 50 caliber sniper rifle shot is no better or worse than the damage that can be dished out with a single 50 caliber machine gun shot.

The only real difference is accuracy...

I think that people are failing to realize that not every sniper in the military is a "50 caliber sniper"...

<span style='color:white'>Edit: Grammar and later removed link to the video..</span>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5QS57-1f2Y

That is one disgusting video.

Shooting animals just for the fun of it is a terrible act, and really shouldn't be legal... I can't believe it's legal to shoot animals up like that so the only thing left is a bag of skin... I mean, what in the world goes through this kid's ('hunter's'wink_o.gif head?

Some1 ought to shoot him in the leg with that thing.

if people didn't go hunting for the fun off it then there would be no hunting, we'd just go down to the store and get what we needed. just cause you dont like it dont start bitching about hunting being wrong. anyway does it matter what he shot it with, the thing is dead anyway.

"Comparing BF2 to ARma deserves a ban" yeah bf2 would be compared to be the Atari game system in the 70's-80's BF2 aint even close or how do u say kinda like a Monkey tryin to f....x a football. Besides that BIS has the player in mind, EA/Dice has EA/Dice in mind an just wants to make money like BF2142 which is basically BF2 just differnt vehicles an weopans an time phrame.

I know bf2 is not realistice and in not comparable to ofp.

but on thing i tell you you ask somene to ride on a ofp heli e any one can doit at first time nos the same with bf2.

hard controls dont make the game realistic ofp was simple to fly and was realistc bf2 is hard to fly and is not realistic. a realism doens have nessesary to be on the controls

as i sed im not comparate.

if people didn't go hunting for the fun off it then there would be no hunting

... and no bitching:)

I agree with Espectro, killing for survival or food is fair enough but killing for fun is not.

Back on topic*

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but Morphicon the publisher for Germany has confirmed that they will not be using Starforce on the German Arma copy.

Oh BTW   i saw some military footage of what a 50 cal sniper rifle does to a insurgent,,,  it was unbeliveable, it not only cut them in half, it actually made the lower half FLY  through the air 15-20ft and in some cases just splattered them into chunky kibble, made me proud to be an american

OFF

No smiley at all? Are you serious, buddy? One has to do what he has to do but slaugthering a human being (even if he's a bad guy) is not a cause to be proud. Please keep this bullshit for yourself, thank you!

OFF OFF

edit: someone else was faster... smile_o.gif

V-SFOCA-55048701_ID64447_guide_inclusion.jpg

On Topic:

Where did u read about the cdcheck Morphicon is going to use?

Link?

if people didn't go hunting for the fun off it then there would be no hunting, we'd just go down to the store and get what we needed. just cause you dont like it dont start bitching about hunting being wrong. anyway does it matter what he shot it with, the thing is dead anyway.

Lots of people go hunting for the sport of it but still eat it and use it for food. I am okay with that - but shooting animals to pieces... I don't see the point... The animals werent even moving, so why not just shoot after a can of beer?

Anyway, enough with the offtopic.

Lots of people go hunting for the sport of it but still eat it and use it for food. I am okay with that - but shooting animals to pieces... I don't see the point... The animals werent even moving, so why not just shoot after a can of beer?

Anyway, enough with the offtopic.

Here's where the original video comes from. They're shooting rock chucks: www rmvh com/Movies/ChucksShort3.wmv More of the scenes of the original videos can be easily compared here: www rmvh com/Scenes.htm

No "Humans" or "Animals" were harmed in the making of these videos.

Stop talking about hunting. Noone here cares about hunting or .50 sniper rifles or any other stuff. This is the arma progress updates thread!

Or rocks or videos about rocks or anything else then reports about arma.

how do you know there wont be a light .50 in ArmA, if there is i bet youd be interested in it then, and there is also rocks in ArmA so there

I agree with Espectro, killing for survival or food is fair enough but killing for fun is not.

Agreed 100% wink_o.gif

BTW, that's good news about the StarForce thing.  I'll wait and see if the UK version has it, and if it does, I'll just get a version from Germany.  I can read/speak German anyway, so it doesn't matter if there aren't multiple language options...  wink_o.gif