Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

to me it looks like its rusted out, but imo i see a green arrow wich you usually see in videos and screens when you stand close to enterable vehicles so it makes my mind go wow_o.gif

I wonder if they made uaz and other vehicles in more worn out states? A rusty old t-55's and stuff like that?

A short preview (in Hungarian) with some new (?) pictures:

HERE

Brief translation: the preview is based on Games Conv. press release version.

Cons:

- when the graphic engine is "overloaded" with a high number of high-poly objects, the vehicle driving AI is going nuts, will make a lot of turns even on straight roads (???)

- the test PC was: P4, 1 GB RAM, GF6600GT, and that was laggy also on lower resolution and/or the LOD-transitions were rough

Pros:

- nice models

- good secondary missions

- much better AI in urban fight (altough no detailed description)

- basicly the same editor

The guy tried to implement some unknown OFP-addons but he failed.

Summary: this is what the veteran OFP-lovers have waited for, we won't be disappointed.

Thx

LOD-transitions were rough

Are LOD transitions basically a GPU, CPU, RAM or combination of those thing?

What should that reviewer have to upgrade to improve the LOD transition smoothness?

What should that reviewer have to upgrade to improve the LOD transition smoothness?

It is CPU/GPU related.

Those screens make me sad..if I ever received copy of pre-release Arma, I would sure to release over 200 pics with quality turned on to the highest detail, and AA+AF to the maximum. crazy_o.gif (my rig - AMD4000, 2gb ram, 7800gt)

[...]

- the test PC was: P4, 1 GB RAM, GF6600GT, and that was laggy also on lower resolution and/or the LOD-transitions were rough

[...]

actually, it says P4 2.4 Ghz, that says a lot more since 'P4' is like 1.8 Ghz to 3.x Ghz wink_o.gif

I'd say it's not a bad performance, but of course one needs to see it with their own eyes to be able to judge it smile_o.gif

I don't know, mate, it wasn't in the article.

By the way I don't understand this transition thing. In an older ArmA video i saw that classic rough OFP-style transition on a building model. In the new 1 hour long gameplay video, we can see another thing: at the start when we see the GUI screen there are bushes, and they have a strange, "growing" change. Sorry, I don't know the exact English term for this, it's like the transition would last relatively long and new branches would grow in front of my eyes (I've seen a similar method in a Gothic + video). I don't know if I like it. What's the name of this techniqe?

Okay guys, im in!

I haven't bought the full license yet, though because Visa apperently have put in some more security and since I dont have netbank on this computer, I cannot pay on their site... ARGHHH!!!

So what do I do to join u guys? And how do I get those nifty skins to my car wink_o.gif?

when the graphic engine is "overloaded" with a high number of high-poly objects, the vehicle driving AI is going nuts, will make a lot of turns even on straight roads (???)

You know, the zig-zag driving. wink_o.gif

when the graphic engine is "overloaded" with a high number of high-poly objects, the vehicle driving AI is going nuts, will make a lot of turns even on straight roads (???)

You know, the zig-zag driving. wink_o.gif

Okay, but what's the relation between the zig-zag and the high graphics load?

AI scaling issue, with not so many cycles per second available to process the driving, maybe? huh.gif

(best guess)

Guest Ti0n3r

I'd feel insluted by BIS if you'd be unable to fire your rifle from that boat crazy_o.gif

It is CPU/GPU related.

I ask this cause in the 1 hour gameplay vid i saw the same effect as i see in OFPE (on the resistance island Nogova, not the other islands) and that is this 'flip/flop' of the trees and buildings etc. even the models in OFPE would degraded after long session.

I guess it has to do with the overload of object/details and not powerful enough ... ehh gfx card? Or is it CPU and/or Ram related? (Obviously viewdistance and screen resolution are also factor but there must be some major bottleneck)

Anyway, i DON'T like it, it distracts so that's why i ask what you should improve on the hw to solve this (without a total hi spec upgrade of course).

I mean, the BIS trailers are rock steady, but they are made on very hi specd systems.

Greetings ArmA community.

First of all thanks for all the people who had downloaded our preview considering Armed Assault.

I noticed it had got lots of criticism and people think it was some what bad. Ok, as a former ofp player I knew what the game was all about and we did had a clue what kind of review we want to do and so on.

We as a GameTV want to make different kind of game reviews/previews. We don´t want to give an false information of the game and we want to show how it really looks when you play it. Also we don´t do these many hours of filming, edit the best looking scenes and make it to look totally different than it actually is kind of reviews.

The ArmA review we made was totally improvised, it was a Live review which is pretty unusual but we don´t want to be like others but to make something different smile_o.gif

We wanted to show as much things we could but we do have timelimit of approximatelly 1 hour.

The game we had was a press version and it wasn´t the final version of the game. We didn´t want to show any game bugs because there were lots of those and it´s understandable.

Someone said we were playing it like Quake 2 but honestly, bots didn´t do a thing to get us killed.

For example I was walking around in a enemy base and none of the enemy didn´t do anything.

We talked what we wanted to show people before the Live stream and those were: infantry (basic things) Vehicles (what we could find) Air units (helicopters) and we didn´t want to show any "tactical" fighting because it would be boring to watch.

The game itself is a large scale game. I think you learn something new every day when you play it and that´s what we said. There wasn´t enough time for us to make a review that shows everything what game haves.

We wanted to give some basic information of it and give our honest opinion for customers to buy or not to buy the game.

We and everybody knows it has a lot of potential, some things were good and some weren´t.

However, GameTV recommends the game to everybody in fps scene. It is something different what other games doesn´t have.

Sound world and controls could be better, those were the major minuses we gave to the game.

Hopefully BI does something for those issues.

When the game is released I hope that www.gametv.fi could be part of the ArmA community by bringing intense shoutcasting to Clan wars as we do now in BF2, COD2 and CS.

Happy fraggin´ to everyone!

Best Regards,

Jani Tuominen

Marketing / Commentator

www.gametv.fi

Can any one  translate de what is sed in this web site http://www.pcdome.hu/preview.php?id=1872

This is the best i can do..lol..& im from scotland rofl !

Armed Assault

Hazánkban hey-day there is not then rajongótábora, than Europe remaining members országában or the tengerentúlon, but unimpeachable the Cinematographer Flashpoint spectacular take. One play, which affects évvel the appearance after also poignancy and flourish, in addition all this so, that – the otherwise zseniális Bohemia Interactive – not also very upholds already the games. Who remembers already about those the games, which the OFP-vel one on time means plus? In addition the OFP spiritless also originated. True, referable the tactical FPS-ek amongst, however the czekh cultivating there had been, akik for the first time such games made by, which the player implant whatsoever vehicle, and there you can go, whither will one 25 km2-es on the island.

Than I mentioned, under the provisions of nor should care, since as much ably open the play motor, that the rooters máig uninterruptedly „fejlesztik†the OFP-t. That way after that the Bohemia for boys she stayed his time military szimulátorukkal – the VBS-sel – to deal with. That that's why good us, players, since the military inspirations umpteen I was learning, and all this belegyúrhatták the next one játékukba, the Armed Assaultba. That why this his name and not Cinematographer Flashpoint 2? Back for it political and technological okai also there are.

The Armed Assault technological nor second share, since in reality the basically felturbózott graphic motorjával and szimulációival creates new games, not but one totally new motor drives. That's why this not means that, that small stepping actions have the cultivating, rather that, that choosiness because of they don't want the second share is called that, that according to not the. Tother wherefore political: innuendo the Cinematographer Flashpoint name the original games editing Codemasters propriety, and since during összevesztek, thus the name nor I can stay.

When outside stepped the Games Convention exhibitions the IDEA Games stand – where the Armed Assault show flown – in our hand spotless one presses DVD-t also, on which on it it had been the Armada előzetesekhez I was made version also. This who also he tried itthon, and for it the test the eredményeiről it sounds this item. Preposition as much, that am I mickle enthusiast am the OFP-nek, that way after that small partial am the Armada-val in contact also. Still who you will emphasize the flaws, but mindehhez important adds, that what I saw, the one untimely preview version it had been. I.e. yet steams liquor the munkálatok the games, and very I hope, that the negative my experiences good some of the who fognak emend the appearance. Up to now surely not, innuendo one their part already the OFP-ben also inhered, and if not these revised who foremost, Ann the can be the reason for it, that the motor flavour.

For example such the MI conduce carriages úttartása. Already the OFP-ben also tapasztalhattuk, if the graphic motor too it had been forcedly ( since many, particular objektumot should kirajzolni) then the MI conduce carriages össze- back waddle on the way and even one simple intersection also for long seconds Y-fordulóztak. All this the Armada also megörökölte, swell with that, that here – the szebb graphic because of – the hodiernal machines eleve too there is oppress the graphic motor. Notice here, that the test not hodiernal piece, but that's why not also one weak PC: A few days 2,4 Ghz, 1 MB RAM, GeForce 6600GT. And on this on the plane the graphic sosem – yet weaker video tunings nor – acquainted normally show up. This it means, that where beszaggatott the play, where but the 3D-s models not the due részletességgel means plus. THE képeken also show up, that néhol the models ruder, the textúrák but rough-and-ready. If such I've been waiting trifle – the hard disk uninterruptedly panted – then she's nice adagio publish the particular style the particular textúrával.

On this according to can be, and expectative fognak also emend. And back really this legrosszabb, that off can be about him message. Since otherwise very she's nice. Cavalrymen such quality models, that elvárhatunk one hodiernal play. THE scenery also enough particular, and yet today already that's why the grass also fundamental expectations. Akik but still reviews the graphic, that I know return, that am I also I saw already szebbet, but there onwards restricted, very tight its territory we had progress the player, that not stunts feltupírozni. The Armada-ban however all of isle the ours. There we are going, whither only we want, and so oldjuk plus the tasks, ahogy they want. For it the high-grade liberty the price of, that trifle weaker the graphic, than some of the peak play, amiket one year múlva off shall half of, but the Armada-val yet affects year múlva also they're playing shall.

Belenézhettem some of the mission and the campaign also. THE missions not margin very the OFP-től. THE fegyverválasztás lett other, or the map of show up jelek develop. In the campaign however one playboy innovatory can be unearth: each one mission before possibility there is take one subsidiary mission. This subsidiary mission however impact there is the main mission – which everyway occur – but if well let's do it the supplement, then the foe won't be mailed, or mi port then cannonry upholding etc. If whether they want, who also hagyhatjuk these the supplementing missions, however then won't be plus hendikepünk the main mission során. Sunder interests these the subsidiaries, that the main mission before sole mellékküldetést optional, but that more possibility. I.e. we have to eldöntenünk, that mi the right: if for example the mi our troops kapnak plus cavalrymen, or if the foe supply he's arriving plus posteriorly.

The MI-ről very much újat not you can recount, since the OFP-ben also capitally taktikáztak, excepting, if too anigh run into one foe. This time as though the vicinity not means such unworldly floodgates the MI leaded cavalrymen. However laborious award, since the graphic as much loaded the test gépet, that such eleve trifle duller played everyone. Still it was fine to see him, that the urban struggle miles thriven. MI conduce fellows intelligently ply in the city, and enough ably strips the its enemy. Show up that's why the motors, that military inducements used ci-devant. And that's fine us, players.

Other games plus habit have I mentioned, that what guns, units, harcjárművek can be found in the game. For it here there is not many spell, since everything OFP addon/mod loadable will be, and these introversion nearly measureless. Tegyük hozzá: this single only the word, innuendo for you ebbe the preview version not yet succeeded belevarázsolnom erstwhile addonokat. That's why the egyből show up the képekről, that advancement it's happend on time also: 1985-ből reached present-day. This show up the uniforms and the on guns also. The soldier movment also modernizálódott, already closer sensate ourself the Black Hawk Down type in the movies, than one II. világháborúst.

Than vet mission- maker, absolutely he observed the küldetésszerkesztőt also, which maximum outboard modulated. Within however everything she stayed the erstwhile, that not trouble, since everything plus could it have been valósítani with that also. THE neten circle one doksi, in that light, that the scriptekben useable injunctions introversion nearly the duplájára she grew up, of which really örülhetünk, since it had been pair thing, whatsoever very circuitousness in the kind of could it have been leprogramozni. All this onwards screen, that the appearance after ages nor shall mope, since new játékmódok, guns, missions and campaign reeve then ránk, whilst the czekh their son the real second part of her paper.

Additively ergo the Armed Assault as far as, that the grandsire-OFP rooters already time out of mind reeve. If megizmosítjuk small the PC-nket, then not also shall very csalatkozni. One well bővíthető, long wide activities stretching, real military szimulációt, tactical FPS-t port kézhez, which circumstantially and ranker grafikával, cold war instead of but hodiernal mood she's awaiting. In many ways worthy challenging with his rivals, which the OFP-t in following were born plus. And lefogadom, that even though Armed Assaulttal shall they're playing, when these the vetélytársaknak the on behalf of nor remember nobody.

Ok so did you just throw that in bablefish? That makes no sense at all.

Okay guys, im in!

I haven't bought the full license yet, though because Visa apperently have put in some more security and since I dont have netbank on this computer, I cannot pay on their site... ARGHHH!!!

So what do I do to join u guys? And how do I get those nifty skins to my car wink_o.gif?

lol didn´t you wanna post this somewhere else ?

moooo rofl.gif

Okay guys, im in!

lol didn´t you wanna post this somewhere else ?

moooo rofl.gif

Glad you mentioned that as it lost me too ...completely! I know he's Danish and drinks a lot so I left it at that!  biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and doc_no1 I think we wanted an English translation not gallic!  tounge2.gif

It is CPU/GPU related.

I ask this cause in the 1 hour gameplay vid i saw the same effect as i see in OFPE (on the resistance island Nogova, not the other islands) and that is this 'flip/flop' of the trees and buildings etc. even the models in OFPE would degraded after long session.

I guess it has to do with the overload of object/details and not powerful enough ... ehh gfx card? Or is it CPU and/or Ram related? (Obviously viewdistance and screen resolution are also factor but there must be some major bottleneck)

Anyway, i DON'T like it, it distracts so that's why i ask what you should improve on the hw to solve this (without a total hi spec upgrade of course).

I mean, the BIS trailers are rock steady, but they are made on very hi specd systems.

In OFP you could tweak those LOD switching with the distance by changing 4 settings :

-in the OFP Video options

Framerate setting

Quality setting

-in the Flashpoint.cfg

the line LOD=xxxxxx;

the line Limit_LOD=xxxx;

Basically by changing those 4 settings, it was possible to have no LOD switching at all with the distance (you could then need some extra horsepowers though)

So i think it is relatively safe to assume tweaking the LODs behaviour will be possible in the same way in Armed Assault to prevent those LOD switching if you find them annoying.