Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Yea i'm worried about my comps capabilities too. The recent Amercas Army update already makes my comp cry on the new maps, so i suppose the updating is inevitable.

Quote[/b] ]Arma has been severly dumbed down as far as realism goes.

There is no more fatigue modeled in the game.

There is still super recoil.

I don't think we can judge these things from a preview version.

Just remember how much has changed since the E3 demo's release. These things can get implemented in a week, maybe two so maybe they aren't in yet and are left to the end. The game is incomplete.

The two players in the mission killed probably like 2 platoons of soldiers. Thats like something you find in a james bond or medal of honor game.

The AI runs around like it is completely retarded. I think I saw the AI fire back at the player only a couple of times in the video. Other times they just ran back and forth in front of the player instead of getting in cover and shooting them.

It still seems the same as OFP...only worse.

... ...

But the music was pretty good.

Like you can do in OFP? I can regularly take out 2 squads of infantry in an "urban" environment in OFP.

The AI seems to be comparative to that of OFP, and BIS have said that they will be improving it prior to release (they have about a month in which to do so if they are going to meet their November release dates.

The only reason it *seems* worse is because you are looking for it to be better - so because it is infact the same, it *appears* to be worse, as you are picking holes in it.

Go back and play OFP, film it, then scrutinise it to the same level, and you will see what I mean.

Oh, and the music is from Black Hawk Down. I thought the mission style (LB insertion, downed BH, rescue people) might have given that away...

I have to admit that the AI looked not too bright. Is it cause the AI is not yet in place, or is it because the mission is in close quarters which could make path finding etc more complex?

I never had this in OFPE but then again it was never close combat.

And also the view distance on arriving was a bit a disappointment.

I have to see it for myself when ArmA (or the demo) is released. This movie confuses me a bit.

does arma support lightmap and multitexturing?

Yes,how many people are going to ask the obvious? Just look at the images close enough and you'll see.

sorry but there are too many screens around, do you have a link of one showing a bulding using lightmap?

thanks

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and the music is from Black Hawk Down. I thought the mission style (LB insertion, downed BH, rescue people) might have given that away...

of course the bora bora is from bh down, but pls dont say the editor scene is also bh down ,i am sure he chose track 7 ?

me being sad .... its barra barra performed by Rachid Taha, track 2 on black hawk down CD,

has anyone seen any Little birds with SF on the side like the BAS ones? (just to take this back on topic!wink_o.gif

bootneckofficer

Two other videos on noFrag, released today....

Shooting range - Great music and good coordination. These guys have obviously played OFP before, or at least play tactical games often.

http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/armedassault/videos/1258/

Gameplay video - I couldn't get it to work. I think it has been compressed incorrectly, but I will try some more.

http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/armedassault/videos/1260/

About the music in the other videos. The only song I could recognize from the Saving Mr. Banana video was 'Barra Barra' from the BHD soundtrack. I don't know what songs were used in the editor video but there is the same song from the E3 trailer in the 'Shooting Range' vid.

*Shrug* - dRb

looks like we have lots of videos already.

when is time for us community to have a demo to enjoy?

About the AI.. L etranger already stated that the new AI wasnt incoorperated in the build he recieved. So I guess we are looking at the old ofp-AI.

hmm its getting confusing lol.

is this not the gdc version ? the new ai are in that , hence the walking down street and some ai walk round town and some walk down main street ?

*dreams that the new AI will be BIS's masterstroke that blows us all away...*

Would be nice though.

But yeah, I'm still not overly concerned about the AI we are currently seeing. I don't want to jump to conclusions about who's playing and how they're playing, but in OFP I noticed the AI being all thick and stupid and running past me as I gunned them down...when I put into my init "this setcaptive true"...

How can we be sure it's even being played in a normal environment? I'd imagine the demonstration would be fairly pointless if the player kept getting killed every five seconds.

hmm its getting confusing lol.

is this not the gdc version ? the new ai are in that , hence the walking down street and some ai walk round town and some walk down main street ?

No, that is precisely how the line formation would look like in OFP using combat mode.

Who are the characters they're playing as (edit) in Banane? Uniforms and helmets are desert camoflauge and the sleeves are rolled up.

Forgot who said it but the pink arms/hands need to be improved ... a lot.

Guy, watch the gameplay video: http://www.nofrag.com/fichiers/armedassault/videos/1260/

Look at 0:58, the bushes are red, does this mean we have proper Autumn foliage?

Quote[/b] ]Who are the characters they're playing as? Uniforms and helmets are desert camoflauge and the sleeves are rolled up.

They are playing as south sahranian military guys i think. The US troops have ACU and backpacks and a lot more gadgets on them.

since we have only seen the standard US soldiers yet , i'd say pretty much every soldier in the GC version is a placeholder , except the North Sahrani forces and Marines (??).

Didn't someone say that the Southern Sahrani Forces had 80s style woodland camo ?

You're right Csonka. In the very beginning of Pot Pourri the southern Sahrani forces are shown ... same guys.

I can't get the Pot Pourri video working, I can here the sound but nothing more. I got the latest updates for DivX also.

I can't get the Pot Pourri video working, I can here the sound but nothing more. I got the latest updates for DivX also.

Get VLC media player..

In the potpourri vid you can see the new gear system @ 2:40 i guess smile_o.gif

Sir..... thank you for the videos xmas_o.gif am playing them over and over and... and over tounge2.gif

And thanks Ayrton for posting over @ ZiiP smile_o.gif

I got it to work with VLC and I say give us more!

While I'm at hit, what settings did you use?

Is it just me or are the Bullet hit sounds way to loud in the new videos, To the point that they are sometimes louder then the guns firing!

New vids look nice, certainly. I reckon no animation for picking weapons up blows, though. I mean, it's like he's gained use of the Force all of a sudden.