Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Ok this has got me soooo damn excited about GC
Quote[/b] ]<Placebo84>We're working on a new build for GC and you should see a lot of improvements there, graphically especially smile_o.gif

from armedassault.eu

Oh and anyone see IDEA's new game "Fish Fillets 2"?

Comon they shouldn't pick every poor developer off the street.  crazy_o.gif

Fish Fillets 2...? Eh? I dind't know there was a sequel coming out! I loved the first one, but could never finish it. Cool! (I hope the MP has improoved)

Too bad I can't visit that GC as it is just on the other side of Germany from where I live tounge2.gif

Yeah, ArmA will be on public display in the buissnes center of Game Convention, stand I65.

Germans get all the good stuff. sad_o.gif I wish I had resources to go. I guess theres always next year. wink_o.gif

I'm going to make a shocking prediction, which may come as a suprise to some.

I predict Arma will be delayed until they find a publisher! *gasp* wow_o.gif

WHAT?! NO F-ING WAY??!??!?!

for sure smile_o.gif

Well, about the publisher(s).

Quoting Marek Spanel from this article.

Quote[/b] ]There are two reasons for ArmA delay. Firstly we failed to negotiate in time with a big global publisher so we're preparing separate territorial releases along with Idea Games, which is more demanding thing in a lot of aspects. The second reason is in a developement itself: we were countinuously deciding to improve the game and engine above original plans, we focused more on graphic aspects and AI. These, albeit beneficial changes for the game, showed on the developement schedule.

So thats it, people. confused_o.gif

If I recall correctly, they've already got publishers in Poland and here in Czech rep.

I wouldn't be suprised if ArmA is 6-12 month into the future. I've honestly stopped taking the Quarter-this Half-that 2000-and-something releasedates seriously. I won't get my hopes up until they actually set a date.

Well, about the publisher(s).

Quote[/b] ]There are two reasons for ArmA delay. Firstly we failed to negotiate in time with a big global publisher so we're preparing separate territorial releases along with Idea Games, which is more demanding thing in a lot of aspects. The second reason is in a developement itself: we were countinuously deciding to improve the game and engine above original plans, we focused more on graphic aspects and AI. These, albeit beneficial changes for the game, showed on the developement schedule.

So thats it, people.  confused_o.gif

If I recall correctly, they've already got publishers in Poland and here in Czech rep.

Where can I find a full translation of that interview?

Where can I find a full translation of that interview?

That is no interview actually, it is only preview. Only thing from BI is this statement they've got after asking why ArmA is delayed.

Unless im misinterpreting this quote, basically they have finished developing the game. Its like a picture. You finish it, but you want to make it better, so you try adding little details here and there, which is what BI are doing with ArmA. If someone like Activision were to march to BIs HQ right now and say "We like your game, we'll publish it" it could be out next month.

Considering the fact that this game already has a massive fanbase waiting for it you'd think publishers would be fighting over this game.

Unless im misinterpreting this quote, basically they have finished developing the game. Its like a picture. You finish it, but you want to make it better, so you try adding little details here and there, which is what BI are doing with ArmA. If someone like Activision were to march to BIs HQ right now and say "We like your game, we'll publish it" it could be out next month.

With animations and AI like that, I highly doubt it.

nooooo.... dammit crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

well the good thing is they get to improve the game even more inlove.gif can't imagine anything except the a.i that can be improved and just small graphics side stuff..

c'mon people lets get Bis a publisher! Im no religous at all but im gonna start praying for Bis to get picked up as soon as possible...

arrrrrggg more delays... well they should not of even started AA. If they used all their resources on Next gen it might of been out in Q4 06 or Q1 07...would of been easier to find a publisher.

arrrrrggg more delays...  well they should not of even started AA.  If they used all their resources on Next gen it might of been out in Q4 06 or Q1 07...would of been easier to find a publisher.

Never, something big and complicated cant be finished withing a year and a half (the time they are working on ArmA). Its not called 'Next generation PC game' for nothing tounge2.gif

I guess BIS needs the money from selling ArmA anyway if they ever want to finish Game2 (After all, no company can go for 7 (2001 till estimated2008) years without income.

And i guess that they have troubles finding a publisher because OFP (and ArmA aswell) arent really 'mainstream' games, after all, most people prefer CoD/BF gameplay over the slower/less epic style of OFP wink_o.gif

you must understand that with all these delays its starts to irritate lots of people (especially Core FANS).

tought i think the more time they have the better the game will be so.. should we all think twice about that matter?

What option do we have anyway? wink_o.gif

Its BIS reputation they are building... so they do what they want..

and people are free to think what they want about BIS...

you must understand that with all these delays its starts to irritate lots of people (especially Core FANS).

tought i think the more time they have the better the game will be so.. should we all think twice about that matter?

What option do we have anyway? wink_o.gif

Its BIS reputation they are building... so they do what they want..

and people are free to think what they want about BIS...

"Core fans" aren't the ones bitching about the delays, they are occupied with playing and working on OFP addons as a distraction until ArmA arrives, 99% of the bitching is from the new-graphics-addicted-fans-that-have-seen-uber-awesome-grapihcs-that-is-armed-assault.

Any core fan would prefer a finished game over a rushed game. Hell ive been sucking up literally all the info about ArmA there is and i am getting fed up with reading the same things over and over again in interviews/stuff, but you still dont hear me whining about a releasedate/demo wink_o.gif

for me ARMA is good as it was 6 months ago!

every time i play OFP i remember the already fix they done..

so i think it would be perfect already wink_o.gif

So thats it, people. confused_o.gif

So, all immigrate to Poland or Czech rep. then?

If they have a publisher there it's just a mather of exporting it, right? biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully some polish or czech online store could send it here then :P

No global publisher? - That could work in our favour long term. BIS now has more time to finish development. Personally I'd rather that BIS continue working on the game and get it to a really high standard rather than rushing it out unrefined on account of a publishers wishes!

BIS is doing a great job and you'll all be happier with it in the end. I don't know about some of you guys, but I've got plenty of things in life to keep me busy! My worry is that I won't be able to find the time to give it if it comes out this side of Xmas!   tounge2.gif