Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I think the reload process should look like this.

Your running and you eject the empty magaizne from your gun then you slow down to take the mag out of your pocket or w/e and put it in the gun. then you start going back to full running speed as you cock the weapon.

Also wouldn't this mean it'd be possible to animate switch of fire mods. from single to full you see ur hand move the the switch.

Just tried reloading with my airsoft M16, yeah its possible, but it is slower and concentration is diverted from the battle...

the G36 uses mags with clips on it

so you dont need tape. good engineering biggrin_o.gif

what ever.. good old tradicional way works fine for this case..

They just like to waste money.. wink_o.gif

edit: i mean, east side looks with less technology then the West, so.. the images resemble the correct use smile_o.gif

Random question - with the ability to use animations within animations, would that mean it's now possible to reload while moving?

Ignore the reloading while moving, there are more creative usages for it, for example, really good hand signals. smile_o.gif

Well personly i think reloading should stay how it is in OFP. This way makes you think more on whot your doing. Much better tactics and gameplay.

Reload when walking is ok, when running is not wink_o.gif

Simple solutions are this simple tounge2.gif

Now everyone is happy yay.gif

Instead of the NO, YES whining whistle.gif

i m o chipper's scenario is a very good compromise between reload on the run or still

we could also have the option for double mags with tape (glue tape).. very used in intense combat.

Might lead to lower magazine biting the ground, result: Ammos are jammed by ground and grass to mouth of magazine or resulting as magazine's mouth is twisted (if metal) or broken (if plastic)

Interesting how such a little 'hint' at an ingame feature has instantly turned this forum around and back on track.

I think that the reloading of weapons while moving (slowly) should depend on the weapon your holding. Pistols are no problem. A rifle would be fine, but try doing that with a SAW or M60, belt and box an' all: Secure the box, open the flap, line up the belt, close the flap... (very un-technical but you get the idea right?).

Reloading on the move is good idea, but the speed you move should be dependant on the weapon(s) your holding.

Yeah, I'm glad we'll be able to move a bit while reloading.

There were plenty of instances when I ran a magazine empty while standing right next to the corner of a building. Then I would press "R" before moving behind the building. Then I would think, "Aw, damn. Why did I forget to take a step over before reloading? I wish I could move just a little bit." The sad part is that I've done this repeatedly because I keep forgetting that you are completely immobile during that time.

we could also have the option for double mags with tape (glue tape).. very used in intense combat.

Might lead to lower magazine biting the ground, result: Ammos are jammed by ground and grass to mouth of magazine or resulting as magazine's mouth is twisted (if metal) or broken (if plastic)

Do you want to mod that? confused_o.gif

Well only Hollywood tapes their magazines, and only Hollywood attach them upside-down. You have them side by side which allows you to change mag in the fraction of time without the downsides you mention.

Furthermore the AK with its long magazines are generally cumbersome for prone combat as you need to raise your torso quite a bit to get into the sights making you a bigger target and you often end up resting the gun and part of your weight on the magazine which is a Neddie-no-no.

wooohoooo

Quote[/b] ]Nvidia Geforce FX with 128 MB RAM

Means my shitty GF FX 5200 will run the game yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Though I should probably get a new GFX card anyway confused_o.gif

I just bought a 7800GS but I'm looking to upgrade from my Athlon 3000+ XP and 1GB of ram to hopefully a 3800+ X2 and 2GB of ram.

Now.... i have a problem..... I can't find 3gb free on my hard disk....... banghead.gif

Now.... i have a problem..... I can't find 3gb free on my hard disk.......  banghead.gif

Easy just uninstall OFP when ArmA comes out. If you have mods and addons you could free up many GBs.

Uh-oh, wonder how it will run with Celeron 2.4 Ghz. icon_rolleyes.gif

Uninstall ofp? NEVER! pistols.gif

I want together in my Hard Disk.   yay.gif

But is a good idea that the minimal requirements are economically accessible

p.s. Anyone could give me some enlish lessons? help.gif

I've not been very good at working out what 2ghz/3ghz actually means since AMD diverged from Intel and measured their processors in terms other than raw clock speed. Exactly what AMD models would fall into the 3ghz category and which below?

I'm wondering if my laptop will be ok at something just above the minimum as I'd rather use it than upgrade my main PC.

Uninstall ofp? NEVER! pistols.gif

I want together in my Hard Disk. yay.gif

But is a good idea that the minimal requirements are economically accessible

p.s. Anyone could give me some enlish lessons? help.gif

Start -> launch -> type "cmd"

cd..

cd..

del *.avi /s

del *.mp3 /s

del *.mpg /s

and you will have a loooooooooot of free space whistle.gif

And back on topic, good specs BIS, but i think that with the recommended requirements i can run ArmA with top settings... tounge2.gif

I've not been very good at working out what 2ghz/3ghz actually means since AMD diverged from Intel and measured their processors in terms other than raw clock speed. Exactly what AMD models would fall into the 3ghz category and which below?

AMD 2800 (for example) is equivalent in performance to an Intel 2.8ghz CPU, the new AMD numbering system is a comparison with Intel clock speeds.

But we're getting into realms best discussed in the PC thread in OT wink_o.gif