Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

How it redirects to the Armed Assault page? We've heard multiple times that they are seperate... I wouldn't read into it to far.

How it redirects to the Armed Assault page? We've heard multiple times that they are seperate... I wouldn't read into it to far.

maybe thats beacause as some said.. OFP2 or Game 2 is ment to be ARMA.. no? icon_rolleyes.gif i bet.. 1 penny

Maybe it's because they can't use the name Operation Flashpoint?

So why show off a game which has no relationship with the name (Operation) Flashpoint? icon_rolleyes.gif

Yea, it is BIS allright, this is a whois of the domain:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Registrant:

BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIO s.r.o.

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5, 15000

CZ

Email: Whois Privacy and Spam Prevention by Whois Source

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.

Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com

Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: flashpoint2.com

Created on..............: Wed, Oct 16, 2002

Expires on..............: Tue, Oct 16, 2007

Record last updated on..: Sat, Feb 25, 2006

Administrative Contact:

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5, 15000

CZ

Phone: + 420 2 57189522

Technical Contact:

Marek Spanel

Naskove 3

Prague 5, 15000

CZ

Phone: + 420 2 57189522

DNS Servers:

ns.adt.cz

mrazik.adt.cz

hmm this happened months ago ,I miss the tv with game 2 footage sad_o.gif.bloody arma taking over Bis smile_o.gif

Game 2 is quite a mystery,anounced at the same time as Armed Assault,or atleast the images released,early beta of course,however we have seen some video footage showing foilage,a vehicle (UH-1Y) and a soldier model bending and whatnot,a beach with rocks and some other things,yet not much is known,the game is a mystery and I can't help but wonder why we hear so much about AA when we don't on game2?

We did hear a bit about game2's more rpg aspects,such as being able to piss off a fellow soldier,even AI,I saw an image and I'm not sure if their going to be using a typed answer or the multiple answer choice option.

Either they are not working on Game2 all that much or they are being very careful that we get little info about it,which isn't really such a bad thing.

I can't help but wonder why we hear so much about AA when we don't on game2?

Because ArmA is about to be released, so BIS wants us to focus on that, instead of a game which will come out in 2008 (and possibly later) wink_o.gif

You might have a point there..but I wouldn't think too much on it,but it is possible...screenshots have become more in quantity than before,I mean when the v2 of Armed Assault was anounced we didn't see more new screens for a few months or so,now their just popping up every other day...Hmm..

I can't help but wonder why we hear so much about AA when we don't on game2?

Because ArmA is about to be released, so BIS wants us to focus on that, instead of a game which will come out in 2008 (and possibly later) wink_o.gif

agreed but , alot of us are actually waiting for game2 , arma is a good game no doubt ,but it isnt ofp2/game2 . rpg elements and those destruct building anims mmmmmmm. roll on 2008/9 cant wait . btw thanks for the tv link ,never thought of the cz linkage smile_o.gif.

To be honest I've pretty much forgotten about Game 2. That's too far in the future. Instead I am drooling over the modding possibilities for ArmA... wink_o.gif

wow, that's interesting...my previous domain was flashpoint2.ru tounge2.gif

To be honest I've pretty much forgotten about Game 2. That's too far in the future. Instead I am drooling over the modding possibilities for ArmA... wink_o.gif

Glad somebody is,it seems like most have just been seeing what they see in the screens and not visualizing what is possible with the modding ability of AA.

As for game2,I wouldn't expect it too soon,the rpg system their workin on and who knows what is probably pretty difficult,their trying to make the voices work better and make i more than a 2 or 3 answer thing,atleast thats what I saw in the image.

I miss the tv with game 2 footage

You can find it still here:

http://www.bistudio.cz/flashpoint2/

but it isn´t updated!

lol just watched through the clip, theres a picture from BHD there rofl.gif

Wow isnt that copyrighted? idk...

Edit: There are two sperate teams working on Armed Assault and Game 2, Heres the proof. Just scroll down.

GAME 2 has been stated it has two more years left in development. Armed Assault is in its final year hopefully, and still we are not getting that much info. So im not surprised by the fact that we are not getting any Game 2 info yet.

C'mon with the updates News! News! News! yay.gif

but it isn´t updated!

Hmm indeed, those pics on flashpoint2.com are just VBS and OFP mixed. But now ArmA has already come a long way wink_o.gif it really looks like Game2 now.

Yeah right, Operation Flashpoint 2 is due in 2004, early 2005. Im playing it right now

but it isn´t updated!

lol just watched through the clip, theres a picture from BHD there  rofl.gif

...is there?  Where? What one?

but it isn´t updated!

lol just watched through the clip, theres a picture from BHD there rofl.gif

...is there? Where? What one?

go to the site:

then turn on "tv" and then watch all the way through it...

thepiconfls.jpg lol its Sfc. Jeff Sanderson. rofl.gifyay.gif i guess they are two great things made to form one super thing. tounge2.gif

I didn't see anything from BHD. After all, military uniforms don't change in games.

I didn't see anything from BHD. After all, military uniforms don't change in games.

do you see the pic i posted above? heh its a scene from BHD "the movie" im 99.9% positive about it!

Heres a screenshot right from the screen of my pc if you dont want to take the time to look for it wink_o.gif :

full screen shot

Yeah, you are correct, it's from Black Hawk Down (one of my favorite movies). If it isn't it has alot of similarities.

...you might be right.

Looks like Eric Banner, one of the Delta guys.

Well spoted.

It's Eric Banna. smile_o.gif An Aussie.. :P

But its not, its the other delta dude. The one who has the argument with Captain Steele when they are behind the mound being shot at by the dude in the window... he throws the grenade in the window...yeh.. :P

But on topic. The progress is looking good and I am hoping for a new video of ingame footage showing us the current stage of production.