Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

7. Taking weapon from dead enemies is instant. There is no crouching and taking, just click and you have new weapon in hand.

Arcade Shooter like  huh.gif

7. Taking weapon from dead enemies is instant. There is no crouching and taking, just click and you have new weapon in hand.

Arcade Shooter like huh.gif

WIP anims, just like 4 and 8. It was already stated that anims are incomplete in press demo.

Guest Ti0n3r

Yupp, sounds like there's a lot of work left on the animations. I guees the amount of anims will be the same as in OFP in the final product.

1. arma press demo is secured by StarForce and 3 serial keys

I'm sorry? huh.gif

I thought StarForce died months ago. I surely do not hope this is true and that it will not include in the final version. confused_o.gif

I think it's just to keep 'em safe from bad guys (pirates and thiefs).

I'm sure ArmA will not "feature" Starforce.

Klavan

About StarForce... i have read in the german http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarForce

edit: englishwikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarForce

verry bad. :/

- Installs for device drivers on the computer

- [...] StarForce drivers to system instability and crashes led

- StarForce always reduces the achievement of systems, on which it is used,

and many more.

If is correct confused_o.gifgoodnight.gifbanghead.gifwow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Well it wouldn't be too nice if the ArmA demo would leak out on the net, would it?

Hello

This beta test is about press release demo from BIS which is also nice reviewed at SimHQ. It's called "beta test" beacuse Polish Site Gry-Online.pl has only 3 types of text about games: preview, review and betatest. I thought that betatest should be accurate for this:)

klamacz already tanslated most important things from my polish text, so enjoy smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What we/i have to think of StarForce?
changing the thread maybe?! wink_o.gif

What we/i have to think of StarForce?

Personally i had no (noticeable) problems with my starforce protected games (Soldiers Heroes of WW2 & X3) so far, but the thought of having a potentially disastrous rootkit installed with the game you paid for stinks! banghead.gif

I am sure it's just the demo.

I really hope so, since I am not able to run games using starforce - I simply won't allow an install of it.

It would bite BIS in its tail anyway, since games featuring starforce just get cracked and made available on the net - forcing those of us who cannot run with starforce to download it instead.

I do, however, buy them anyway, since I think the developers deserve their money, but I don't think many people do that.

It would bite BIS in its tail anyway, since games featuring starforce just get cracked and made available on the net - forcing those of us who cannot run with starforce to download it instead.

But it takes more time to crack SF than most of the other protection systems. SF is good for this kind of software because ArmA isn't for public use, yet.

Starforce = bad.

Everything is crackable, it just may take more time.

If someone want to support good developer, if someone like the game, he will surely buy licenced game.

I really hope they would improve in-house combat. I was hoping to make swat type missions.

i don´t like starforce! the time i installed a starforce using game my system took a long time to boot... i wont get that a 2nd time.

Guest Ti0n3r

I don't think we have to worry about starforce. It's the #1 thing to include if you want to kill the sales really wink_o.gif

hmmm...the only game i had with starforce was soldiers Heroes of WW2...and i never had any probs

i only had probs with Steam and BF2 registrations...

is starforce only a copyprotection?..cause more important would be a cheatprotection or?...hehe

Hi all

Have not seen this interview with Marek from a Czech business magazine posted here so here goes hope it is not old news.

The background on the BIS business model is interesting

Quote[/b] ]The Business

BIS’ armed assault on PC gaming

By: Brian Kenety, 12. 06. 2006, More by this author

It’s the year 2010 and heightened tensions across the globe have led to the creation of an international military force to be dispatched to hotspots in Europe, Asia and beyond. You, solider, are part of that force; and whether that mob of villagers circling your unit takes up arms or disperses quietly depends on your next move.

Welcome to “Armed Assault,†the long-anticipated spiritual successor to Bohemia Interactive Studio’s (BIS) “Operation Flashpoint†the best-selling computer game ever to come out of the Czech Republic, and the 2001 top seller in huge gaming markets like the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany.

Considered the first “realist†tactical action simulator, “Operation Flashpoint†(OF) sold over 1.7 million copies within a year of its release. It pushed the real-time 3D graphics and artificial intelligence envelope to such a degree that it even caught the eye of the U.S. Marine Corps, and BIS, an independent game development studio founded by brothers Marek and Ondřej Å panel, now competes with the likes of engineering giants Boeing and SAAB to outfit real-life armies with combat mission and other training software.

“We invested most of the revenues [from OF sales] back into the company and had the luxury of being able to work for two, even three years, as a kind of nonprofit, focusing on nonstandard graphics and AI [artificial intelligence] applications,†said BIS director Marek Španel. “We’re no longer exclusively a gaming company, and have developed highly specialized [training software] for the U.S. Army’s [sikorsky Aircraft-made] Black Hawk, and other helicopters.†...

http://www.cbw.cz/phprs/2006061208.html

Follow the link for the full story

I have not posted the full article but there is some quite interesting things to see and at least one dodgy calculation by the author.

I almost always only post part of an article then you folow the link to see the real article. That way I do not feel I am breaking the authors copyright as it can be considered fair use.

Kind Regards Walker

Is it this little special? huh.gif

I never had problems with Starforce, and still think it's the way for nerds to express their anger to not being able to make copy of the disk. However, for the sake of this game I don't want it to have starforce because less people will buy it.

Quote[/b] ]

1. arma press demo is secured by StarForce and 3 serial keys

If ArmA will be secured by this shit, then will download it from emule without this shitty copy protection.

buying it with Starrforce? NO!!!!! banghead.gifband.gif