Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

A quote from Exclusive Armed Assault report at ofp.info: "We also asked about the new inventory system used for weapons and items, but Rastavovich wouldn’t want to give us any information about it. He stated that it should remain a surprise for the community"...more suprises??Weeeeeee!!! yay.gif

I get the feeling that we're going to have at least a few more surprises before release. They've been giving out old info for a reason (friedchicken nailed it in another thread tounge2.gif )

So who noticed the fly buzzing past the sniper in MagnumHQ's video? Nice touch.

Please, please, please let the gun sounds and AI be placeholders only in that beta. Otherwise we'll need some sound mods quick smart! And with AI that stupid, it'll be multiplay only.

I don't know why everybody is unpleased with the sound.

I tought it was very good, in fact I tought way to go! thumbs-up.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Agreed. I just love them inlove.gif

Some sounds were a bit dull imo, take the unchanged pk sound for example.

I don't like that bodyhit sound neither

I'm just curious if anyone heard about the adittion that allowes us to stand/walk on moving vehicles? We got allmost everything we want, but nothing about that yet?

I don't want to be greedy or anything! I just want to know what I could expect wink_o.gif.

i don't know, the sound was a bit to quite, i like it loud and rough tounge2.gif i hate the ghost recon m4 sounds alot. pfuh pdfuh pfuh , when it should sound bang bang bang! pistols.gif yeha i totally agree with friedchickens twisted post too tounge2.gif

Wow... after what I though was an E3 press fiasco, and then this odd way of presenting breaking news via the modding elite of Operation Flashpoint, I realized that I have wasted my time giving input for things that will get fixed anyways.

I think I need to cut down on the amount of comments I make! smile_o.gif  It may be summer, but I have important jobs to do, jobs that need to be done before I can play Armed Assault.

I'm just going to say the BIS is like an abusive, but sexy girlfriend (or boyfriend if you swing that way) in a postponed relationship.  There's so much sexual tension I can't stand it. wow_o.gif

Uh yeah, so I think I'll try to spend less time posting like crazy, it's bad for my psychological health. whistle.gif

EDIT:: Arrg, whatever, I just want to say that I like BIS's continual experimentation with the command system.  I'm comfortable with learning new key configs, though I'm sympathetic with the people who liked ~-3-2 and ~-3-1!!!

And no, I've never had a real girlfriend. tounge2.gif

Have you been drinking again? tounge2.gif

wow_o.gif

Eating 10 pounds of old Easter chocolate before bed is a very very bad thing. I must have crashed and passed out after typing that.

I wonder if I need to edit that statement, seems like banning material. crazy_o.gif I mean, look at the spelling! I couldn't have been drunk then? Do I even drink, I thought I quit? firefoxlover.gif

I must stop binging on candy or else I'll get a heart attack in the future. whistle.gif

After i installed Ti0n3rs Elite sound file into flashpoint it got me thinking of one sound that is still missing in the game.

I'd like to know what you guys think- have the engine sound running even when the driver gets out, if he hasn't turned the engine off. Probably best suited for players only as the AI would have to be scripted. What used to bother me was the rotors on the helo would slow down when you jumped out and just wanted to scout around for a minute or so. It would be far better to have the engine running.

Guest Ti0n3r

True, it would be nice if the car lights and engine keept running even if the driver left the car/died inlove.gif

True, it would be nice if the car lights and engine keept running even if the driver left the car/died inlove.gif

yeah it would provide better atmosphere. Immagine the zombie mod with running cars still in the streets? heh

Another thing what do you guys think of the sprinting animation? I thinks its way to "hoppy".

Edit: \/ Yeah the Elite sprinting i totaly agree..

The main thing I don't like about the sprinting animation is the way his weapon is pointing upward. It looks kinda unprofessional to me in a weird way...when holding a weapons doesn't it usually feel a lot more natural to have it pointing downward? I really don't know what standard protocol in the military is for weapon handling, but it would probably seem better if the running animation was like the one in ofp elite and seen in early armed assault screenshots:

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespo....010.jpg

[over 100kb]

To be honest, while your "sprinting" with a weapon you obviously can't aim it correctly so the position is irrelevant. When your running for cover or to a determined position your first thought is to get there and then take up a fire position. Running and sprinting are differant in real life as they are in flashpoint. As long as they have a good running animation i don't care about the sprint.

To be honest, while your "sprinting" with a weapon you obviously can't aim it correctly so the position is irrelevant. When your running for cover or to a determined position your first thought is to get there and then take up a fire position. Running and sprinting are differant in real life as they are in flashpoint. As long as they have a good running animation i don't care about the sprint.

Yes I know...I mean whenever I have run with a weapon, the natural tendency without thinking about anything is to point the weapon down...like you said, you're not really thinking when sprinting, so your arms put the weapon in whatever is natural, which in most cases is downward.

Which is why I find it odd he is sprinting with his weapon pointed upward...it looks somewhat silly.

Err anyway...unecessary nitpicking/whining on my part...but I thought I might as well bring it up since we're talking about running animation whistle.gif

oh and dont forget we need real working CAR HORNS in Multiplayer!!

Its too frustrating to "gently" push aside a teammate with your ural...

Yes I know...I mean whenever I have run with a weapon, the natural tendency without thinking about anything is to point the weapon down...like you said, you're not really thinking when sprinting, so your arms put the weapon in whatever is natural, which in most cases is downward.

Which is why I find it odd he is sprinting with his weapon pointed upward...it looks somewhat silly.

Err anyway...unecessary nitpicking/whining on my part...but I thought I might as well bring it up since we're talking about running animation whistle.gif

I understand what you mean but it would also depend on your weapon. I used an SA80 and i would often run while holding the weapon pistol grip with my right hand and i would use my left hand to hand signal or break my fall when i took a fire position. The picture you posted is a "comfortable" way to run with a weapon but not exactly accurate for ALL types of weapons. I would say that picture is a MG carrying position as there far heavier, but as the game engine doesn't allow for differant weapon anims they have to make one to suit all. Maybe they think they have found the right one. Only time will tell...

other that great videos and tons of positive informations ...

what i noticed while viewing SP video is that when he is sniper and You hear birds and then explosion happen and they still sings ...

there should be short pause or drop in ammount of bird songs played ...

and when we speak about sniper where is his buddy "spotter" ? wonder why noone commented that yet ...

13:34

I think there is a bug with muzzle flash on MG on tank's top.

armabug7en.jpg

something like how CWC addons had problems when ported over to RES

interesting thing is that when the character switch occurs, the optic view is carried over until transition is completely set. feature or bug?

and muzzle flash through sights...

overall, I'm satisfied. smile_o.gif

That was such a disappointing video. I saw very little improvement from OFP. I hope to God the FFUR team will pimp this game the way they have resistance, otherwise I'm leaving the thing on the self. mad_o.gif

That was such a disappointing video. I saw very little improvement from OFP. I hope to God the FFUR team will pimp this game the way they have resistance, otherwise I'm leaving the thing on the self. mad_o.gif

You have to be kidding me. crazy_o.gif

I was dissapointed to see no canon recoil.

I also agree with the running thing with the weapon pointing in the air. He Should be running with the weapon in somwhat ready position and also for saftey reasons weapon pointed at the ground. I wouldnt want to be around a guy who would run with his weapon like that. He would be a huge liability.

Nobody's stoppin ya,we can't help that your a bit bitchy about the game like so many others,there are improvements,your too blind to see them,also,try reading the updates,that might help you.

Mmm yeah...seems like it,guess the commander machien gun muzzle flash is still early and their testing it on tanks to see what they can do. Aren't muzzle flashes in all games alpha textures?

And guys..about the running animation..give it a rest..not everyone runs the same way.