Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

first timer tbh (guessing), terrible skill tounge2.gif and ye it was boring to watch

The desert didn't even have small rocks or weeds

Not sure but the site had this text next to video "Full screen, low detail" maybe that why you don't see small details. - nvm, I think this is just the quality of the video.

Quote[/b] ]Meh, they've messed up the command system. I'll have to mod it the day I get ArmA. Btw, that's one hell of a noob
I hope not, a good working game shouldn't have to be modded in the first place.

Ok I watched it so far a 'nice' video showing the desert texture and the player playing around with the command mode and leaving chopper, cars behind. Reached a hilltop and choose a front assault and got killed but nice animations really.

Guest Ti0n3r
I hope not, a good working game shouldn't have to be modded in the first place.

Quote for truth. If we're lucky they'll think twice. For me '§32' is synonymous to 'Everyone, hold fire'. I don't want to re-define it :]

The MP Demo Vid looks great.. I had a got laugh, watching the player how he tried playing OFP like Counter Strike an reloade after every second shot and then you suddenly just heared CLICK CLICK CLICK biggrin_o.gif

edit: since someone is going to complain, yes it's work-in-progress, but this just looked like OFP.

Thats becuase it is OFP.. .. .. OFP Reloaded.. everything isnt going to change.. thats for Game2...

ArmA wasnt even going to be as good as it is now.. so everything.. think your selves lucky that we are even going to get ArmA ... notworthy.gif

I didn`t like in MP Demo the running animations, look at 2:22 min, it looks like this soldier is retarded or something.

What the hell? I thought we were getting an improved command system? looks like the same exact thing to me sad_o.gif Looksl like they scrapped that. Bummer, because improved command was one of the main selling points of Arma to me, for I constantly dread be commander in ofp due to the extremely inflexible and limited command system that somehow manages to be very complext o control at the same time. I am very disappointed sad_o.gif.

I didn't like the mp demo movie...I liked the first one much better. To me, someone could tell me that the mp demo was just plain old ofp with some addons and I would believe them. It looked exactly the same visually and gameplay wise. I was not impressed at all.

Guest Ti0n3r
@ May 20 2006,22:22)]I didn`t like in MP Demo the running animations, look at 2:22 min, it looks like this soldier is retarded or something.

Crazy Frog came to mind wink_o.gif

Hmm, if the aussies are the resistance, does that make the kiwis the civilians or UN observers?

Guest Ti0n3r
Hmm, if the aussies are the resistance, does that make the kiwis the civilians or UN observers?

I really doubt it'll be like that in the final version, since 'East' are Soviets according ot the MP board. To me all that looks like leftovers from the 'Q4 2005 Armed Assault'.

But oh well, who knows.

PS: Another thing; There seems to be quite a lot of whining about GFX & AI bugs right now. Personaly, what I'm concerned about is the way BIS seem to be 'screwing around' with things like the command menu and other interface details.

In the MP video, i noticed there seems to be no "jogging" animation anymore like in OFP : either the soldier walk quickly or sprint to move.

Is this a gameplay change, or just an unfinished part ?

In the MP vid they had so nice vehicles at the start and no1 used them. Does any1 know if u have to stop to reload like in OFP ? It looked so (maybe that's y he got killed), i would like a slow down walking in that case instead.

Some more informations for you:

In ArmA are all missions .pbo's. You can place a mission in the .pbo File from a addon.

You can use the same script language for the modding tools. We have seen a pefect street which was provided only through scripts.

Markus (Rastavovich) from BIS is at the Mapfact OFP Workshop in Germany. He have speak 1 hour over Armed Assault and the modding possibilities. We have so much new informations but we must summarize it first.

We have also seen the sp demo from the E3 trailer live. Played by Markus.

I have to stop downloading this preview videos because the more videos I see, is the more things I dislike about ArmA.

I have to stop downloading this preview videos because the more videos I see, is the more things I dislike about ArmA.

I was like that too, until i imagined what missions i can make with arma in the editor.

Cool. Could you give us some more info when possible ?

Thanks in advance !

Am i the only one that noticed the loading screen mid mission (6 min 47s) crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I thought about it too but came to the conclusion that the game was 'updating the retry position'. Well I don't know.

It`s quite an oddity to see how BIS chooses to present Armed Assault.At this phase in the game development any team would start releasing screenshots and carefully staged, heavily scripted trailers.

Yet BIS throws it all on the table,however clear it is that Armed Assault still has quite a considerable amount of time left until it reaches gold status.While the fans can appreciate their honesty and lack of retraint in revealing Armed Assault as it curently is there could be a backlash from the portion of gamers unfamiliar with Operation Flashpoint as it had not to judge a game when there is a hands on gameplay footage available.

An example of a much more natural and logical step would have been a high resolution trailer

-A satellite image of Sahrani,the camera zooming in and out to various locations of the island showcasing the huge terrain.A military parade in the Northern capital(huge city and numbers of NPCs at the same time on screen);The massing of troops and armor at the border.And I could continue to spout ideas that could capitalize on the strenghts of Armed Assault.

Just my thoughts on the mather,again hard to say I am displeased in any way by their policy,just wondering how efficient it is.

Am i the only one that noticed the loading screen mid mission (6 min 47s) crazy_o.gif

I think thats "Updating Retry Position" screen. wink_o.gif