Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I'm pretty sure that bouncing grenades were already in OFP: Elite. Someone said it or another.

Quote[/b] ]So don't worry about old videos too much.

guba and i were just correcting walker that the old downwash was the old downwash and not water spray  wink_o.gif

however i do still think the blackhawk moves differently in the air.

i´d really like to see video footage of a chopper moving in to unload troops. it´d really crack me up if the choppers would still ascend before they finally touch the ground.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that helicopter part. I am fairly sure it was trying to land and then found out its place had already been taken and then just moved backward to try to avoid landing on another helo.

Wrong. With Russia's increasing political, military and economical regain in power from their days opf USSR, Russia is very busy right now boasting and projecting its influence everywhere. Ofcourse they wouldnt officially send troops there, but they could easily send Spetsnaz there to help with special ops and train North Sahrani. Russia would be there for the same reasons USA is there, to keep their influence. I am assuming that Northern Sahrani was a big pal of USSR, and when it collapsed was left with nothing. Now Russia is trying to regain that influence in the region. Why you ask that Russia would try to work with a Communist government? Look at Cuba. Russia is very friendly with them today in real life, and they have sold weapons systems and even have a military base there! Its all about influence. Russia is busy trying to posture itself to show the world that it's rebounding from the 90s crashes, and that its ready to regain its status as the superpower it once was. President Putin isn't exactly a western style democrat, you could say he is an autocrat almost. He is not some USA suck up like Yeltsin.

Lets not comment on Geopolitical conspiracy theories let alone assert opinions. You want to talk politics, run at the next election.

Wait what Geopolitical conspiracy? Expanding influence isnt exactly a conspiracy. Also, yes I know the Cuban base was closed down but the fact remains that Russia has plenty to gain with an influence in the Atlantic, especially if it gets to posture against the USA.

Quote[/b] ]So don't worry about old videos too much.

guba and i were just correcting walker that the old downwash was the old downwash and not water spray  wink_o.gif

however i do still think the blackhawk moves differently in the air.

i´d really like to see video footage of a chopper moving in to unload troops. it´d really crack me up if the choppers would still ascend before they finally touch the ground.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that helicopter part. I am fairly sure it was trying to land and then found out its place had already been taken and  then just moved backward to try to avoid landing on another helo.

No, if you watch the shadow (before it becomes visible on screen) you can tell that it banks to the left then (as a result of this) loses lift. As it decends, it quickly whips it's tail to the left and pitches forward to halt itself and as a result inertia seems to keep it moving backwards and up until it stops. As it moves, it's velocity seems to be governed by the direction of it's tail boom (which quickly matches the direction of it's velocity after it begins to fall, movement after that seems to follow where the tail is pointing). This would indicate that either the game recognizes the difference in mass of the tail boom and whole front half of the chopper or somehow the game can accurately simulate air resistance and aerodynamics (but I doubt that).

It demonstrates an impressive improvement in the simulation of the effects of gravity and inertia on aircraft.

Anyone else like the new forest system?

i don't dislike it..

good enough smile_o.gif also would be nice if we could see trough satelite view, like google.. tounge2.gif

Does anyone know when the game will be released yet?

Thank

Well in one E3 movie they said something about "3 months".

I already have for Flashpoint, their organs are all over hospitals and black markets.

Anyway I really love the view distance in this video at about 1min when the soldier's looking around, it's huuuge.  yay.gif

im really disappointed about BIS!!! i thought they finished the game up to 75%... i cant believe this. if they had this i think they could release a real arma trailer, not this (no comment) E3 "trailer". always the same scenes at the same missions... of course maybe they have to optimize the engine but that what we have seen about 2-3 years of work on arma isn't enough for me!!! i think (if the game is finished at 75%) they should be able to present us a real trailer with HiRes and not such fraps-like movies... its really disappointed cause i cant wait longer to play it for my own and with my clan-members... but the status at ArmA now seems to be not looking forward to me.

sryfor my english but my school-english are 7 years away sad_o.gif

Actually, they seem to be working quite rapidly.

In the IGN interview I think placebo said that the team just started working on AA one year ago when OFP:Elite was just released. That's a pretty fast development speed considering the time frame.

Not to mention with the small team they have,thats one of the things that impresses me.

Not to mention with the small team they have,thats one of the things that impresses me.

Are they really working with just 15 people?  I thought that these days games are made with numerous programmers, artists, animators, etc.  How do you kick out a quality game in such a short time with so few people?

Did they work alone or were aliens involved?

but that what we have seen about 2-3 years of work on arma isn't enough for me!!!

Armed Assault has only been in development for just over a year, not 2-3 years.

You can see what they are working on, when you have a look on the results of the "Game2" Team. Have a short look on this Video:

Gam2 Vegetation Demo

Its really amazing, what they are doing.

plus the guy has obviously never played ofp in his life smile_o.gif

lots of dumbass ai moments though....

at 6:30 you can see moon-gravity on tank or something.

nice vid, a compilation of everything we ve seen i guess.

my fave momnet is this ,lol what the hell did this guy get hit with ?

boom

Guest Ti0n3r

I hope they rework the animations a bit though. They seemed to be a little akward, hehe. The sounds effects are A+ though. I've never heard anything like it ;]

nice vid, a compilation of everything we ve seen i guess.

my fave momnet is this ,lol what the hell did this guy get hit with ?

boom

The animations so far are a huge improvement, very smooth all smile_o.gif.