Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

I think "Simplified Controls for Air and Land-Units" is new.And if I didn't get that wrong and it is official,that will make many people angry,very angry  wow_o.gif

Is it even possible to make the flying of OFP easier? it was as simple as it could get! tounge2.gif

I think they mixed that up with Game 2 wink_o.gif

I think that has been in one or two other ArmA-previews as well. Well, maybe there's some campaign that has more ways to complete. Just as the beginning of the Resistance campaign: Traitor or honour the partisans, but in the end you'll end up in the resistance anyway.

I think "Simplified Controls for Air and Land-Units" is new.And if I didn't get that wrong and it is official,that will make many people angry,very angry wow_o.gif

Is it even possible to make the flying of OFP easier? it was as simple as it could get! tounge2.gif

Yeah, I have to agree. biggrin_o.gif OFP wasn't vehicle sim. I'm happy about this news, because flying in OFP after experiencing BF2s vehicle controls...well, it was terrible. firefoxlover.gif

I think "Simplified Controls for Air and Land-Units" is new.And if I didn't get that wrong and it is official,that will make many people angry,very angry  wow_o.gif

Is it even possible to make the flying of OFP easier? it was as simple as it could get!  tounge2.gif

Yeah, I have to agree.  biggrin_o.gif OFP wasn't  vehicle sim. I'm happy about this news, because flying in OFP after experiencing BF2s vehicle controls...well, it was terrible. firefoxlover.gif

in bf2 you fly like driving a mad TVR on a very wet track, you never have the sence of control on that "something"(and just in case you really dont know: take off a non v/stol within some 100m, yeah, "realistic"), in OFP then.....its like driving Audi TT, which stand for "boring", both were no no to me, and for god sake could just somebody think about something other that that?

Hi.

I just want to tell you some news here in Hungary.

There was a voting that what will be the "best" FPS game this time. Arma came first. whistle.gif

Another: in a PC game magazina about OFP, there was a poll: "What is the best source for OFP?" Obviously, ofp.info and its forum "won" it. Congratulations! biggrin_o.gif

ArmA ain't even released yet, but it would be typical of us to vote for something we don't even know. tounge2.gif

Hahaha, we're not even clear on the features or content of ArmA... and they vote it as the best fps...

hmm..

Hahaha, we're not even clear on the features or content of ArmA... and they vote it as the best fps...

hmm..

Well I dont know about you guys but Duke Nukem Forever gets my vote

thumbs-up.gif

has not been releasing screenshots because they don't want fans to see too much of the game before it is released. This takes away from the overall experience of playing the game, and more specifically, it makes sure the fans are surprised while playing the game rofl.gif

Well, It`s clear now that the people ^ want some news...lol

Besides, isn`t the vox populi vox dei?

Are you saying that we shouldn't listen to the people or just to you? Hehe. wink_o.gif

The original quote was:

"nec audiendi qui solent dicere vox populi vox Dei quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit,"

meaning "And those people should not be listened to who keep saying, 'The voice of the people [is] the voice of God,' since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness."

And no, I don't know latin.. I just knew that the quote was often misused and looked up the rest.

I would say that 'Vox populi vox Dei' is the correct phrase on its own - it represents alot of what we believe in today

Now we are so bored with waiting that we are learning Latin... wink_o.gif It's rather 'sinister' I'd say...

(Hint - find the origin of the word 'sinister'wink_o.gif

I would say that 'Vox populi vox Dei' is the correct phrase on its own - it represents alot of what we believe in today

No it doesn't. The voice of God? Are you mad? Political power != the concept of God.

I would say that 'Vox populi vox Dei' is the correct phrase on its own.....

Yes it's correct, however nowadays it's meaning is pretty much political/sociological and not religiuos, here in Italy at least.

Btw i'm already feeling Placebo's shadowy presence, the only God around here! biggrin_o.gif

Klavan

No it doesn't. The voice of God? Are you mad? Political power != the concept of God.

vox populi vox dei = the voice of the people is the word of god

ie the people are the power, the first tenet of democracy

And who ever said that making games is a democracy wink_o.gif

Peoples, as has been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over [/Dr Cox Mode] BI will release infos when they are good and ready to release infos. Whining on their forums isnt going to pressure them into releasing anything earlier.

And who ever said that making games is a democracy wink_o.gif

Peoples, as has been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over [/Dr Cox Mode] BI will release infos when they are good and ready to release infos. Whining on their forums isnt going to pressure them into releasing anything earlier.

no one - we were arguing over the correct use of the phrase

i reckon getting back on topic would be a good idea lest placebo wield his banning stick

What I want to know is that if BIS didnt take GDC as a serious marketing opportunity, I hope this doesnt bode ill for e3

I would love to see an all out effort

Yeah, we need an E3 Counter *gg* Still 44 Days  yay.gif

So are you gonna add a dancing banana for each day that passes?   rofl.gif

What it means to you now, and whether you are 'reclaiming' the phrase in a way that suits you, doesn't change what the phrase was intended to mean.

Down with democrasy!

* I'm arguing in the most lighthearted of ways, of course. This is really only interesting in so far as a bit of linguism or anthropology. I'm not trying to be a semantics nazi.