Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

PSS: Still I wished to ask a question, in Armed Assault - it will be possible to play for RUSSIAN? wink_o.gif

Yes, that's what I want to know, if we will be able to play for the North 'enemy' side, like the Russians in OFP...

probably for the arma expantion perhaps?

Yes, like in OFP I think that is the way it will go...

I thought it was Korean campagne... smile_o.gif Hope not all games Iraq conflict mad_o.gif

At me one question. In AA there will be a Russian company or not? huh.gif

It would be desirable, that in AA there was a company about the Chechen war - wish to destroy these bearded ugly creatures, to revenge for our lost boys:

pcm.jpg

Still in OFP 2 is Russian - to be exact the Armed armies of the Russian Federation. So precisely there is a Russian company - about the Chechen war.

Image - Russia

Well why don't you join your army then instead of trying to discuss politics in a game forum?

Well why don't you join your army then instead of trying to discuss politics in a game forum?

And unless I discuss a policy??? Here there are no policy.

Quote[/b] ]

§2)No bigotry

Racists, sexists, homophobes or any other type of bigots are not welcome on these forums, such offences will very likely result in an immediate and permanent ban.

Quote[/b] ]wish to destroy these bearded ugly creatures, to revenge for our lost boys

Post reported.

[Constructive opinion]

Opinion removed to comply with the forum rules [/constructive opinion]

On topic now i think using US and Russian sides has adversaries is becoming quite old, especially because we know we will end up playing has uncle sam's favorite nephew again and considering the current reality i think playing has a member of FIA is becoming more interesting every day...

Please note: moderator decisions are not open to public discussion, as per the forum rules. If you feel you need to comment on this, please PM a moderator.

Also, everyone, back ontopic please. wink_o.gif

On topic now i think using US and Russian sides has adversaries is becoming quite old, especially because we know we will end up playing has uncle sam's favorite nephew again and considering the current reality i think playing has a member of FIA is becoming more interesting every day...

I would prefer not to play as a US soldier. It has become very old. Almost every game from the days of Doom has centred on a US style military and tactics.

I'm not a US or Russian citizen and I've never had the desire to fight as one. Least of all in the current world order .... wow_o.gif

If Arma is to use a North/South Korea conflict as the template then I hope we can choose to play as a member of the Southern Army, instead of the US 'allies'.

I would prefer not to play as a US soldier. It has become very old. Almost every game from the days of Doom has centred on a US style military and tactics.

I'm not a US or Russian citizen and I've never had the desire to fight as one. Least of all in the current world order ....  wow_o.gif

If Arma is to use a North/South Korea conflict as the template then I hope we can choose to play as a member of the Southern Army, instead of the US 'allies'.

Agree.

I'd prefer to play both sides. Imo it would be nice that after each mission, you'd play on the other side. Like in the first mission you'd play as American, then eg. Korean than american again etc. So it'd be possible to fight in the same battle with both side. smile_o.gif

Oh, and I wanna play as American, because I love Black Hawk. tounge2.gif

hi u all i am a  big coop fan and i hope some one can tel me if u can ply arma campain in coop mode so u can ply the story out whit u frends and not alone (never have bin seen in any game)...... meby Hidden dangers was the firsdt old scool coop ply budt it was not campain coop and i think pepol whill like the id that u can ply a game out whit a frendt or meby 3 or 4 frendst this will be amesing if this will happen a story line that u can ply coop wow  rofl.gif

sorry for mi englis it is not that good

DUTCH BUDDHA

band.gif

P.S CAN SOM ONE TELL ME WAT THIS ERROR =

CreateVertexBuffer (static, separate) failed 8876086a - out of memory?

I'm not a US or Russian citizen and I've never had the desire to fight as one. Least of all in the current world order ....  wow_o.gif

Perhaps its becuae the most advanced, powerful armies in the last 50 years have been the US and Soviets/Russians? And most major wars in the last 60 years have involved the US in a fighting role. So when it comes to a realistic war game, it only makes sence that the US will be involved. And when the US wasn't doing the main fighting like in Resistence, they were still there in a supporting role.

Its probly a safe bet your playing as the US army, or at least a US led coalition of forces in ArmA. And when it comes to a North vs South battle... that makes sence. In Korea the US was the main force, and we saw what happened after the US pulled out of Vietnam. And if there is ever another war in Korea, the US will again be the main force fighting the Koreans.

I understand someone who is not an American really could care less to play as an American Soldier. But thats what Mods are for. The reality of things is, the US army will likely be involved in all major conflicts in the near future, and has been so in the past most of the time. So when it comes to makeing a realistic war game... its un-realistic to have a large war that does not involve the US as the main force. The Resistence campaign was about the only way you could do it... and it was fun, but it also was more of a novalty and wasn't really a LARGE scale war.

Perhaps its becuae the most advanced, powerful armies in the last 50 years have been the US and Soviets/Russians? And most major wars in the last 60 years have involved the US in a fighting role. So when it comes to a realistic war game, it only makes sence that the US will be involved. And when the US wasn't doing the main fighting like in Resistence, they were still there in a supporting role.

Its probly a safe bet your playing as the US army, or at least a US led coalition of forces in ArmA. And when it comes to a North vs South battle... that makes sence. In Korea the US was the main force, and we saw what happened after the US pulled out of Vietnam. And if there is ever another war in Korea, the US will again be the main force fighting the Koreans.

I understand someone who is not an American really could care less to play as an American Soldier. But thats what Mods are for. The reality of things is, the US army will likely be involved in all major conflicts in the near future, and has been so in the past most of the time. So when it comes to makeing a realistic war game... its un-realistic to have a large war that does not involve the US as the main force. The Resistence campaign was about the only way you could do it... and it was fun, but it also was more of a novalty and wasn't really a LARGE scale war.

America is the most powerfull but it only 1 country. If history teachs anything is that one country with lots of power, falls out of power. Look at the romans. Huge Empire for that time and counldt control the enermy at the gates.  See my point. So in maybe 100 or 1000 years America will lose the power.

Sorry for going off topic Ralph. Just needed people to know.

does it look like I have left over christmas spirit?

(well the big eyed kitty in your icon does make you seem a bit easy going whistle.gifband.gif )

Has there been any more info on the new controls interface besides the fact there 'is a new one'?

And has ther been any mention about what this scenario editor will feature? (something like OFP:E?)

Well guys i am from south africa and just want to say that i love the USA and love playing the characters there. You guys have an amazing country as i lived there for a while.

Craig

SA Police

Yea i love to play as american too , Greatest country to play with  for their helos, tank, plane, m4, marines ,hummer,, and sry i dont want to play a small country at war with only weapons old jeep and ak  and by the way im not american  nener.gif

i liked the resistance campaign much more than CWC.

Even though they had only aks and old jeeps.

in the end it doesnt matter what country you play , as mod makers will surely do every major military in time.

the only thing that is important for me is that it wont be a "hurray it's war" game , like many others are.

one thing for sure were going to get a lot of scandinavian units/mods for arma wink_o.gif

Ive always liked playing the underdogs really. Like the resistance. I dont really find it fun if, for example playing 'special forces with Uber equipment take on 1 billion poory armed terrorists whiles using the top of the rang technology and artillery'

Ive always liked being out numberd and out guned and having to scavange for weapons and equipment and be really challanged. Supose thats why i love making zombie and Sci-fi alien invasion missions so much. tounge2.gif