Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

As I said in the other thread, some of the houses still look too bright, and I spotted that old 'white lines' water in one screen. But then in some others I saw it looked much better, so not sure about that one... wink_o.gif

Remember last screen of the trailer.. "Work in progress"

Regarding the video: No one uploaded it yet, but even if it is done, I still don't know if he could post it in public as it is not only the BIS trailer but it is part of the Score's Live show (with commentary and so on), so they may not allow it.

Their shows are released to open after about 2 months on games.tiscali.cz.

BTW: I've been told that this is the same trailer which was on display on Invex (mentioned in this dubious thread). The best option would IMO be that BIS release the original trailer so we don't have to result to maybe illegal ripping. Placebo?

Edit: Screw it, uploading now.

Hmm! Are those pictures in the articles all of ARMA or is some of it Game2? confused_o.gif

One set of pictures shows a sequence of a tank demolishing part of a building.  wow_o.gif  I did not know BIS was gonna implement this sort of stuff in ARMA - only in game2.

I'm intrigued!  huh.gif

banghead.gif Some screens on those journals taken from VBS! What they think they are doing? Fooling the community? After BIS screwed up (lied - LIED) with release date , for now i only wish to know: when. I dont care: what, why, how .. only WHEN?!

Hmm! Are those pictures in the articles all of ARMA or is some of it Game2? confused_o.gif

One set of pictures shows a sequence of a tank demolishing part of a building. wow_o.gif I did not know BIS was gonna implement this sort of stuff in ARMA - only in game2.

I'm intrigued! huh.gif

They're form G2 indeed (same as in PC Gamer article). Level's pages 2-3 contains ArmA pics (except from lower right picture, which is from Game3), pages 4-6 Game2, the second (Score's) article is about ArmA entirely.

One set of pictures shows a sequence of a tank demolishing part of a building.  wow_o.gif  I did not know BIS was gonna implement this sort of stuff in ARMA - only in game2.

I'm intrigued!  huh.gif

They're form G2 indeed (same as in PC Gamer article). Level's pages 2-3 contains ArmA pics (except from lower right picture, which is from Game3), pages 4-6 Game2, the second (Score's) article is about ArmA entirely.

Thanks mate I kinda thought so! Anyway just been watching that new trailer - can't understand a word the guy sais but the footage looks awsome! Things are hotting up around here! wow_o.gif

Any chance of a general translation of the trailer intro anyone?  whistle.gif

Any chance of a general translation of the trailer intro anyone? whistle.gif

Well, he says at first classic introductory stuff, then he mentions how difficult is for game mag to get their hands on some of stuff like this, but thanx to the fact, that Viktor Bocan is an editor for Score it was quite simple. No more game info (which is in article).

(he doesn't mention one more interesting fact, that their entire show is made by these people whose leader name is? Yes, Vojtech Novák - another BI member, SCREAM - they got quite a handful of connections to BIS smile_o.gif )

i still see no rivers around ... sad_o.gif((

the environment is stunning

man this is gonna be awesome

and yeah i did see the chopper having a tail rotor failure in the vid.

bloody amazing.

Thanks Eda Mcroch for that translation and also for the 'Heads Up' on this great news!  xmas_o.gif

meyamoti listen buddy, all we know what BIS updated in OFP for now. Updated multiplayer + updated engine. We cant see updated MP from this video, neither updated engine. Good'ol anims, gameplay, physics.

And, some advice - calling someone fool doesnt make you cleverer

How much "up to date" with BIS latest build is that video ?

When we see the guy running from his back at a certain point of the video , it looks like the exact same OFP running animation.

I remember having seen another kind of running animation in some of the ArmA screenshots.

So is this video older than what we have seen in the screenshots, or has BIS gone back to the disapointing OFP animations ?

The new animations will be one of the last things added into the game so don't be surprised if you don't see them for sometime smile_o.gif

The new animations will be one of the last things added into the game so don't be surprised if you don't see them for sometime smile_o.gif

thx placebo for ultimate answer smile_o.gif)) ... now please throw in something positive about rivers smile_o.gif) ...

OOooohh noo... That'd be too quick.  After all, this is going to ramp up for some time (Q2?).  I believe this is going to be just like sex - marketing sex tounge2.gif   A little bit more, and after a while more, whipping the masses into a fervor, till *BAM* It goes gold and we all lose it.... Hope it's more like what I'm use to:

Honey, is that lingerie?

-1 min later-

*BAM*

whistle.gif  goodnight.giftounge2.gif

.... Hope it's more like what I'm use to:

Honey, is that lingerie?

-1 min later-

*BAM*

whistle.gif  goodnight.giftounge2.gif

Oh, Ok, lol, I'll make no coments about this, lol lol.

Good one mate  biggrin_o.gif

If the animations are going to be one of the last things to be work on, there is plenty of hope here.

Looks like the worst and hardest part is been done, and now they need to refine things and do lots and lots of testing, this is normally the worst part, and more time consuming. Saying that I think I'll sacrifice my self and become a dedicated beta tester  whistle.gif  Hi BIS, just send me a full copy of the game in the post, I'm sure I won't mind to test this very interesting game  whistle.gif I'm from Mars, so you'll need to get it tested by a diferent kind of consumer, the Marcian market can be very interesting  whistle.gif

Lol.

Regards.

@CERO.