Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Hey VerySolidSnake, is that thing in your avatar a blue dude wearing shades or a pair of undies?  biggrin_o.gif

Please stay on topic everyone smile_o.gif

/me points up

The grass don't fit with the ground, i mean color, shadow, it doesn't feel natural sad_o.gif

Maybee BIS will be including a lawn mower in ARMA so that those thant don't like their grass can tidy it up properly!  rofl.gif

not my work but id like to see you do any better mad_o.gif

ontopic: I had a weird dream of armed assault last night, I dreamt that it had its name changed to armed battlefield (wtf) and I saw this opening scene intro it was like a alien mars world with a 300m long rollercoaster, and purple and blue tanks, was well weird, looked nothing like the arma shots, no grass fronds, etc, and I saw huge draw distance and these highly detailed canyons,

I guess I cant stop thinking of this damn game icon_rolleyes.gif

ontopic: I had a weird dream of armed assault last night, I dreamt that it had its name changed to armed battlefield (wtf) and I saw this opening scene intro it was like a alien mars world with a 300m long rollercoaster, and purple and blue tanks, was well weird, looked nothing like the arma shots, no grass fronds, etc, and I saw huge draw distance and these highly detailed canyons,

I guess I cant stop thinking of this damn game icon_rolleyes.gif

OMG I got similar dream about Game 2 being on Mars about month ago. It was somewhat in CTI style, looking like the old game Battlezone. Scary. crazy_o.gif

now THAT is weird these dreams of ofp games referring to scifi? crazy_o.gif very interesting tounge2.gif

forgot to mention I did see soldiers and tanks and a car too, and they were untextured, like a dark clay grey colour, and it drove across, and that was near the end of my dream, well weird crazy_o.gif

All 360 games are HDTV compliant which makes a huge difference, even on a normal TV. Resolutions can run in 720 and 1080i.

Remember that the XBox 360 uses 3 x 3.2ghz processors which are dual threaded and specially designed by IBM just for this machine. Also the ATI graphic cards runs at 500mhz.

The XBox 360 is more powerful than any PC currently available on the market.

Which is still nowhere near the 1600x1200+ resolutions you get on PC's. The consoles major drawback is the TV, even with HDTV it is still not comparable to a good monitor.

As for the graphics card, its a custom job by ATi, and whilst it may run at 500Mhz comparable GPU speeds can be found on the x850XT - 520MHz, the nvidia 7800 series etc. The major limitation of the xbox's graphics processor is that it only has 10MB of dedicated graphics RAM, this means that it is constantly having to swap textures into and out of graphics memory - an operation that is much costlier in terms of GPU time than processing larger images. The X850XT from ATi has 256MB of graphics RAM, and the X1800 has 512MB, allowing the textures to be loaded into memory and then kept there, freeing up GPU time to process the textures for your visual pleasure.

As for the processors, again they're quoted as 3.2GHz but they have very small cache sizes, of only 1MB L2 (most new processors have 2MB L2 cache) However the important cache (L1) has not been quoted, so I cant compare them. Generally, this suggests that the processors are of the previous generation, not making use of the enlarged cache levels and greater pipeline capabilities.

Whilst the xbox 360 may have more processors than any pc currently available, it has a lot less of everything else, so it is far from being more powerful than any pc currently available on the market. And it will be stuck at its current level of power, where PC' will continue to evolve and become more powerful.

Sucked in by M$'s sales propaganda me thinks you have been wink_o.gif

By the way, two new previews (one is ArmA/G2 and the other ArmA only) came out in Czech gaming magazines. I'll try to translate them to English (or more probably Engrish) over the weekend. Now if I wouldn't be so lazy... tounge2.gif

By the way, two new previews (one is ArmA/G2 and the other ArmA only) came out in Czech gaming magazines. I'll try to translate them to English (or more probably Engrish) over the weekend. Now if I wouldn't be so lazy... tounge2.gif

any new pics?

By the way, two new previews (one is ArmA/G2 and the other ArmA only) came out in Czech gaming magazines. I'll try to translate them to English (or more probably Engrish) over the weekend. Now if I wouldn't be so lazy...  tounge2.gif

any new pics?

of course  wink_o.gif and some new info smile_o.gif

any new pics?

of course wink_o.gif and some new info smile_o.gif

...and there is reportedly some... erm.. some... some... how's that in English... some... yeah... some video on magazine's cover disc.

I might keep you informed. icon_rolleyes.gif

any new pics?

of course  wink_o.gif and some new info  smile_o.gif

...and there is reportedly some... erm.. some... some... how's that in English... some... yeah... some video on magazine's cover disc.

I might keep you informed.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Upload it, now! im forcing you! tounge2.gif

ontopic:   I had a weird dream of armed assault last night, I dreamt that it had its name changed to armed battlefield (wtf) and I saw this opening scene intro it was like a alien mars world with a 300m long rollercoaster, and purple and blue tanks, was well weird, looked nothing like the arma shots, no grass fronds, etc, and I saw huge draw distance and these highly detailed canyons,

I guess I cant stop thinking of this damn game  icon_rolleyes.gif

Now isn't that weird, I had a dream about a military sim like OFP or ArmA or G2 last night as well, but mine wasn't sci-fi, just normal. It was on a small island with tanks and stuff, that's all I can remember for now. Good dream though, enjoyed it very much... biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

any new pics?

of course wink_o.gif and some new info smile_o.gif

I might keep you informed. icon_rolleyes.gif

Upload it, now! im forcing you! tounge2.gif

It's not yet uploaded???

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? QUICK! crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

F5

F5

F5

F5

F5

F5

nener.gif

"I might keep you informed" huh.gif? MIGHT??? you're positively EVIL I tell you! tounge2.gif

(buy me a copy of the magazine and mail it to me, mkay? I'll pay ya right back)

"I might keep you informed" huh.gif? MIGHT??? you're positively EVIL I tell you! tounge2.gif

(buy me a copy of the magazine and mail it to me, mkay? I'll pay ya right back)

Muhahaa... rofl.gif

Scanned articles are here (first post). They're in Czech.

Video is not yet available as I do not have the magazine, but it has been promised by the guy who has it, that he'll upload it (it is only a small part of that gaming magazine DVD video).

There is not much new info in the previews, so don't be overexcited.

Edit: I'll start a new thread when I translate them.

Edit2: No I won't. There already is a new thread. Damn I'm slow. And sober. sad_o.gif

Too late! wink_o.gifrofl.gifnotworthy.gif

Too late!

yay.gif  yay.gif  wow_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  banghead.gif  pistols.gif  nener.gif