Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

It was also posted in the " Latest screenshots available " thread, but I'll let you off tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks help.gif Heh, maybe I'm senile yay.gif

would be more natural knowing soldiers carry some heavy equipment.

that image would be more natural then the ones with the arm dislocated.

Don't forget,not everyone runs the same way wink_o.gif

i know this was discussed before but for these who fear free movement and fire within and from vehicles is not in ArmAs (or wasn't yet discussed in previews) ...

in Convoy Training Enhacement for VBS1 is this possible , so there is big (still IF) chance ArmAs include that too ...

including openable hatches etc (YES YES YES enter,exit, use anims !! smile_o.gif ...

It's that moving around in vehicles thing! I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned as a feature of ArmA yet but I certainly haven't heard it. I think I heard word of it in VBS, though I'm not sure of that either.

Does anyone know the score here? Also walking around on moving ships etc. would be cool as it was a limitation in OFP.  sad_o.gif

Does anyone know the score here? Also walking around on moving ships etc. would be cool as it was a limitation in OFP.  sad_o.gif

AFAIK They only said that it was going to be in Game2, nothing about ArmA, so dont expect it... huh.gif

dose anyone think the late Release might have something to with GRAW. I think/hope they must have at least 1 publisher wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I guees it's due to the fact that they're not signed to a publisher yet. Something tells me that publishers will be 'fighting' over BIS after E3 though.

It's that moving around in vehicles thing! I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned as a feature of ArmA yet but I certainly haven't heard it. I think I heard word of it in VBS, though I'm not sure of that either.

directly from VBS1 site:

Quote[/b] ]Convoy Training Enhancements

Previously VBS1 vehicles only provided a single position that a unit may fire from. Convoy training enhancements allow any vehicle occupant to fire their personal weapon and move around on the back of moving vehicles in a realistic fashion. Tank commanders can turn out to use their personal weapon or use binoculars. Vehicles may also have working indicators as well as operable doors and hatches.

so hope exist for ArmAs smile_o.gif ...

We won't see moving around in vehicles for Arma imho

dose anyone think the late Release might have something to with GRAW. I think/hope they must have at least 1 publisher wink_o.gif

GRAW is a lot worse than I expected. sad_o.gif

directly from VBS1 site:

Previously VBS1 vehicles only provided a single position that a unit may fire from. Convoy training enhancements allow any vehicle occupant to fire their personal weapon and move around on the back of moving vehicles in a realistic fashion. Tank commanders can turn out to use their personal weapon or use binoculars. Vehicles may also have working indicators as well as operable doors and hatches.

so hope exist for ArmAs smile_o.gif ...

VBS1 is not ArmA wink_o.gif

hmm.. is ArmA or Game2 at E3 this year? And isnt E3 going on at the moment?

Guest Ti0n3r

E3 is 10th - 12th of May.

IDEA games have booked two booths in Kentia hall. ArmA will be shown, no word on Game 2 though.

So its's all in this Convoy training enhancements thing. Thus it is an enhancement for VBS1. How different is VBS1 from ArmA in terms of raw engine? Could this enhancement then not be incorporated into ArmA?  huh.gif

Shooting your weapon from the back of an open truck, walking around the deck of a ship and being able to drive vehicles on and off, transporting them w/o them needing an allocated slot. Drive your jeep into the back of C130 or Chinook and drive it off again at the next landing. Doesn't Joint Ops have this kind of ability?

It would be a really cool feature, but I know what someones gonna say....  tounge2.gif  

No harm done in wishing!  inlove.gif

It would be a really cool feature, but I know what someones gonna say.... tounge2.gif

No harm done in wishing! inlove.gif

I'd love to see movement in vehicles in Armed Assault, *really* love to see it. In fact it would vie with proper rivers for the number one spot in my most wanted.

I'm not sure we will see it though because from what I've seen of the feature in the VBS convoy mod it wasn't very smooth, it always looked like what it was, an engine hack. If they couldn't create something perfect for their premium simulator then it looks unlikely they would use it in Arma.

Enabling movement on the deck of ship might be easier than the interior of a C130, so maybe we will see that in the future.

Hope I'm wrong anway.

EDIT: Just watched the VBS vids again. The movement in vehicles actually looks better than I remember, though it doesn't look realistic as soldiers manage to remember standing+firing as a truck bumps along, taking tight turns at 30+ mph.

plus take in mind VBS1 got multiple updates since that time ... smile_o.gif ...

anyway this is about ArmAs so lets hope experience and "improvements" from VBS1 slips into ArmAs too and if not on GOLD version maybe in some future patch ...

i want some cool music videoclip footage from ArmAs (what about one for E3 ad campaign ? smile_o.gif

(like these edited footages from iraq/afganistan with good rock music smile_o.gif

My question would be is how this game will function under Windows Vista, I hear that Direct X10 cards need to emulate Direct X9 to run the older games. Will this in a way affect the performance of Operation Flashpoint? If so, is Bohemia doing anything about the potential issue.

as soon as arma comeout someone should make a B-17 addons wink_o.gif

again cz lala

If there is there something new - it would be great. smile_o.gif

edit: very nicely, no new pictures. inlove.gif