Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

What is that little round thing with horns? On the front of the blackhawk and the soldier's left arm.

Strange they are using ACU now and the US ARMY decal on the Blackhawk isnt there, i also recognise that hangar and maybe the air control tower from somewhere else?

I scaled it down and added a bit more brightness.

Im not so sure if this last one really is from armed assault.

Well look at the shadows, it's not VBS, and it's certainly not Game 2, definatly not OFP:E, so what else could it be?

Also, anyone wanna take a guess as to why this lil' guy keeps popping up?

symbol13qg.jpg

symbol20px.jpg

wink_o.gif

maybe its the training teams emblem huh.gif\

maybe there a new unit in the US army designated to go to poor friendly contrries and train there soldiers huh.gif

Whos knows, Just part of the excitement smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Maybe you'll be able to add your own custom badge. Like the clan tags in Ofp. That would be great wow_o.gif

Strange they are using ACU now and the US ARMY decal on the Blackhawk isnt there, i also recognise that hangar and maybe the air control tower from somewhere else?

Maybe somehow earlier ones? Note the rotor blur attached to the rotor itself. Oh jeez I hope BIS hasen't stooped to the low level of doctoring up pictures to make them look good. (referring to earlier ones)

Well look at the shadows, it's not VBS, and it's certainly not Game 2, definatly not OFP:E, so what else could it be?

VBS2 is under development and BI will be present at ITEC 2006, heard something about their presentation featuring a beta/demo build.

I think the picture i mentioned looked very diferent compared to all the other ARMA ones..

Maybe you'll be able to add your own custom badge. Like the clan tags in Ofp. That would be great wow_o.gif

Yea or squad tags =). Ranks would be nice too.

I duno...I think if that were the case then the little "devil head" insignia wouldnt be on the UH-60's..

Ranks? Maybe...only if they serve an actual purpose other than a simple icon over your head. Would be nice if they included some missions you HAD to do..nothings worse than people trying to pilot a vehicle only to quickly crash,to enhance realism it would be nice if you had to go through some kind of training course to qualify to use a vehicle..or am I one of the people that are too into that they make training missions with empty vehicles in many landforms to practice on in a helicopter or so? crazy_o.gif

I'm not sure if the US still has the air cavalery units, but they were/are mixed helecopter/infantry units with their own dedicated UH60s and gunship support. The aircraft bore the same insignia as the troops.

I'd like to see ranks on the uniforms, it would aid in recognition of other players/AI and would be yet another detail which adds to the immersion. Even better though possibly not too easy would be name tags on the uniform yay.gif

Good idea. Just limit the size, and at login it gets shared to the other computers and is stored locally. thumbs-up.gif

Also, anyone wanna take a guess as to why this lil' guy keeps popping up?

[im]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4405/symbol13qg.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5268/symbol20px.jpg[/img]

wink_o.gif

It means BRAVO team

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/supercatpoop/edited_04.jpg

Why wouldn't it be? BIS have no need to fake Armed Assault pics with other engines. Its just your over-active imagination making you see things you want to, rather than what you actucally do.

Yes, the hangar is from VBS1, and thats about where it stops. VBS is BI's property so they can use any of the content at their own free will. This has been discussed over and over and over, with the same conclusion.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Armed Assault - Hervorragend

ArmA ist hervorragend yay.gif

Hervorragend = amazing.

Inoffizielle Operation flashpoint 2 - unofficial Operation flashpoint 2? I don't wanna sound meticulous, but where do they get their information from?

Regarding normal maps on the ground:

It certainly is possible, but it would make more sense to put a simple bump map on there with maybe a specular map. This would achieve a similar effect without having to meticulously model a patch of ground in high definition. You can convert bump maps to normal maps, but needless to say they lack a lot of information you would find in a pure normal map, and the effect is very similar. I believe bump maps are less resource intensive aswell.

Guest Ti0n3r

ArmA is the unofficial Operation Flashpoint 2 since the official Operation Flashpoint 2 will be released by Codemasters. wow_o.gif

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/supercatpoop/edited_04.jpg

Why wouldn't it be? BIS have no need to fake Armed Assault pics with other engines. Its just your over-active imagination making you see things you want to, rather than what you actucally do.

Yes, the hangar is from VBS1, and thats about where it stops. VBS is BI's property so they can use any of the content at their own free will. This has been discussed over and over and over, with the same conclusion.

I agree with DM + if it is VBS2 like you think than why they post the screens in William Porter's Blog site makes no sense

mg5aw.jpg

This is the machine gun from Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher.

armamg4ji.jpg

And this is the MG from ArmA.

No complain, but ArmA's MG is a bit ugly compared to GRAW's. confused_o.gif

agree, this model needs to be overdone.

I'm pretty sure, there will be addons soon after ArmA release to replace stuff you/we don't like.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

What's wrong with the M249 model in ArmA ?

In comparison to the real thing it seems rather accurate.

m2497lw.jpg