Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS Releases: T80 MBT Pack v.1

wow_o.gif I cannot believe this day has finally come, very impressive extraordinary work gentlemen, it was well worth the wait.

Congratulations for this release,

A really nice job, while out of time i just tested quickly in the editor and the details on each T80 variations are really fantastic.

Thanks for this T80 pack icon14.gif

hey!!!

you tricked me RHS! i was only reading discussion topics, because i knew nothing will come out soon, but you guys tricked me... just saw complete addons topic, "T-80" i thought, wtf!? T-80s pack? from who? then read full topic again and i couldn't believe, rhs release it so soon and so and got me surprised...

well, i think mirors are overloaded, so later i will download it and will try to find some bugs biggrin_o.gif

Just tried them. Good tanks, not spectacular, but very good. If it was up to me I would change IR scan to make it at least close to King Homers M1's. Also, I noticed that neither Timmamas T-80/90 nor these ones can't shoot at choppers with Refleks. That's a shame, it is one thing that the Russian tanks kick ass at. I remember that Sigma's tanks could do that, so what happened now with these newer addons?

There is a bug, I think, also with the tank. I gave a MOVE waypoint to T-80UM with INGAGE At WILL and COMBAT commands, it got to the point and just started circling around on the spot, like it was dancing... Is that what you had in mind for COMBAT stance? He was circling and circling like a dog after its tail huh.gif Maybe I am not getting it, can someone educate me on that feature.

Sound. It's an issue I have with all of the OFP tanks. Have you guys ever been next to a tank when it shoots? Even when you try to hold your teeth together they still make a "clank" sound when the fucker shoots. And than there is that "uuuuuuuuuuu" sound in your head for 2 minutes. I don't suggest we start defening OFP fans with special effects, but I also think these champaign cork sounds for OFP tanks are rediculus.

Forgive me if I offend anyone, it's just an opinion. I know that the creators always want to hear a backfeed on their creation. This one is mine.

Everything else is very good, at least in my opinion. I only tried it for 10 minutes. I wonder what the rest of you guys expected from this release, I was very looking forward for this one.

Yeah! Would be great to have like huge sounds, I'd love to hear the engine roar loud and the 125mm cannon blow your ears off! Maybe it could be implemented the same way the BOH-team did on their jets?

I'm having a blast running over people with this tank, thanks RHS! biggrin_o.gif

i think the waypoint issue is ofp's, not RHS - AI behaviour, unless scripted, is out of their control - they didnt have anything in mind with their combat stance.

Just tried them. Good tanks, not spectacular, but very good. If it was up to me I would change IR scan to make it at least close to King Homers M1's. Also, I noticed that neither Timmamas T-80/90 nor these ones can't shoot at choppers with Refleks. That's a shame, it is one thing that the Russian tanks kick ass at. I remember that Sigma's tanks could do that, so what happened now with these newer addons?

There is a bug, I think, also with the tank. I gave a MOVE waypoint to T-80UM with INGAGE At WILL and COMBAT commands, it got to the point and just started circling around on the spot, like it was dancing... Is that what you had in mind for COMBAT stance? He was circling and circling like a dog after its tail huh.gif Maybe I am not getting it, can someone educate me on that feature.

Sound. It's an issue I have with all of the OFP tanks. Have you guys ever been next to a tank when it shoots? Even when you try to hold your teeth together they still make a "clank" sound when the fucker shoots. And than there is that "uuuuuuuuuuu" sound in your head for 2 minutes. I don't suggest we start defening OFP fans with special effects, but I also think these champaign cork sounds for OFP tanks are rediculus.

Forgive me if I offend anyone, it's just an opinion. I know that the creators always want to hear a backfeed on their creation. This one is mine.

Everything else is very good, at least in my opinion. I only tried it for 10 minutes. I wonder what the rest of you guys expected from this release, I was very looking forward for this one.

thnx for the critisism, all arguements will be taken into account.

This is the coolest addon i tried, Both Shtora and Arena working, and they are very nice to, i like the sound, the sights, the suspension, and i hope this great addon will make it on to AA. with these u know everything about the T-80´s there is to know. and it will be great in terrorist missions. notworthy.gif

Very nice, now the winter infantry men can ride on them in battle! By way, whether it could be used for Soviet era or post Soviet time? For post Soviet period, ORC'S T-80U should be also very nice to use.

Very nice, now the winter infantry men can ride on them in battle!  By way, whether it could be used for Soviet era or post Soviet time? For post Soviet period, ORC'S T-80U should be also very nice to use.

The B series tanks were the newest tanks to be used by the soviets before the collapse of the USSR and are still videly used today. The U series tanks are far more advanced and are more suitable for modern day action. In fact the T80U's were used in the 91/93 revolt in Moscow and were the ones firing at the house of parlament.

you took your time with it didnt you lol nice one been waiting  for awhile for a offical final version of these. biggrin_o.gif texturers are  better than the old version i had so they look fairly swank now.

I thought the orignal t-80U was late 80s when it entered service and that the later versions UD, UE UK UM UM1 came later in 90s  huh.gif

Just played in my mission editor, really high quality stuff like any previous things from RHS. Of course, I didnt put such advanced powerful baby in Afghanistan. They should be for conflict in Germany between the two powers...

As a commander clicking on the map, my driver has a passion for neutral turns when reaching the directed destination.

confused_o.gif

Original Announcement updated with mirrors. Thnx to all for that. And Thnx alot for the awesome feedback thumbs-up.gif thats what keeps us going.

Cool. smile_o.gif

Never thought that I'm ever gonna see them released biggrin_o.gif

Excellent work! Just a suggestion, please add information about the different tanks to the readme, not everyone are up do date on the differences.

and again...

why you compare with King Homers Abrams tank addon?!

it way over powered, just look to the irscan range, armor!

ir scan range 6000, as i understand, ir scan range for tanks is like night and day max target sighting in reality, so if King Homer would correct his 6000 distance to 4000m(best Abrams mod)thermal imagener viewer sighting, best russian viewer should be(and is in reality) 3500(and maybe 4000m, about this one is not much info, so i can't say it's truth, judging from two sources only)

ah, armor, yup... it's not right, that's why people are trying to implement correct armor values in ofp and i hope with these bugs found in Homers Abrams will be fixed, then russian tank addons (mostly ORCS's) will get normal values as well...

because now, most tank addons are created looking to Homers wrong values and thats why i'm really mad about it.

But i remember King Homer promissed to FIX Abrams addon and i hope there will be implemented good armor values and other things.

I'm still waiting for this one... smile_o.gif

P.S. sorry, i may sound rude, but that's the true sad story in ofp, which i think will be fixed, i wounder when...

2nd P.S. reador, did you put a word about me to RHS? well, i don't want to look like a selfish, but i gathered(and still am gathering and giving) that info 1-3 weeks... smile_o.gif

great tanks!!! especialy i like shtora, arena and "realistic" rounds damage to homers abrams biggrin_o.gif

Hmm Crew at V.051 that doesnt fit to the rest... we have to do something about that next days xmas_o.gif

@Gedis

Sorry if we forgot to credit you, im not fully briefed on this but i look into it when i come home.

Just had a quick test of these tanks in the editor... superb!!!. One thing though, the circling of the tanks is not an OFP glitch, I just plonked down 4 of your T80s against 4 BIS M1A1s and played as both sides. The M1s do not exibit this circling behaviour. Playing in this fashion also showed mme that the 'B' varients armour is weak as piss, is this the case in R/L aswell? The others survive much longer.

Ive had the ciricling bug with bis bmps before and other tanks. I remember the bmp as i couldnt finish a mission due to it as the ai was controling the tank banghead.gif

@Shadow NX,

Good smile_o.gif

I'll help you...

This was the first masive info(to you) and tiny(for me):

SOVIET/RUSSIAN MBTs

T-54

T-55

T-62

T-64

T-72

T-72B

T-72-120

T-80

T-84-125

T-90

Drozd

Shtora-1

Arena-E

for more info about soviet/russian military, look in http://worldweapon.ru/index.htm

T-54

T-55

OT-55 flame-thrower

T-55 fighting reputation

T-55/62 modernization

T-62

T-64

T-64U

T-64 transmision

T-72 building

T-72M1M (Modernized)

T-72 Ukrainian modernization

T-72 Slovakian modernization

PT-91 Twardy Polish modernization

M-84 Jugoslavian modernization

T-72-120

T-80

T-80UD Bereza

T-84(OPLOT)

T-90

for more info about tanks, cycle through http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern sites

T-72B(M)

T-80U/UK/U(M)

T-90

Drozd

Shtora-1

Arena-E

for more info about soviet/russian tanks, rounds, targeting systems cycle through http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks sites

T-54

T-55

T-62

T-64

T-72A(M)

T-72A,G(M1)

T-72S

T-72B

T-80

T-80B

T-80U

T-84

T-90

for more info about other soviet/russian vehicles and weapons, cycle through all http://aeronautics.ru/archive/armored_vehicles/ sites

Shtora-1

Drozd

Arena-E

for more info about vehicle protection, look in http://www.defense-update.com/feature....ion.htm

T-54

T-55

OT-54/55 flame-throwers

T-54/55/62AGM Ukrainian modernization

T-62 Ukrainian modernization

T-64

T-64A

T-64B

T-64BV

T-64BM Bulat Ukrainian modernization

T-64 Ukrainian modernization

T-72 Ukrainian modernization begining

T-72AG Ukrainian modernization

T-72MP Ukrainian modernization

T-72-120 Ukrainian modernization

BMT-72 Ukrainian modernization

T-80UD begining

T-84-125 begining

T-80UD

T-84-125 OPLOT

T-84-120 Yatagan

for more interesting modernizations, cycle through http://www.morozov.com.ua/eng/index.php sites

T-80/B/BK

T-80/B/BK photo detalization

T-80BV/BVK

T-80BV/BVK photo detalization

T-80/B/BK/BV/BVK videos

T-80U

T-80U photo detalization

T-80UK/UM/UM-1/UE

T-80UK/UM/UE photo detalization

T-80UM-1 photo detalization

T-80UK/UM/UM-1 videos

T-80UD

T-80U/UD videos

T-84

T-80B history

T-80B turret and base data

T-80B armament

T-80B engine

T-80B transmision

T-80 mods. list

http://www.t80leningrad.narod.ru/ - site specialy done for T-80(in russian, slow hosting, wait a bit, push red button tu enter) please scan through all this site!

photo gallery 1, soviet/russian MBTs

photo gallery 2, soviet/russian MBTs

Drozd

T-55D(with Drozd)

Drozd-2

Shtora-1

Arena-E

Arena-E tests

dynamic armor

great site about tank counter-measures(russian)

basicaly, i have to supply only Kenji, reador and ORCS with this kind of info, but i decided i have to save time and shoot all three rabits at the same time and also i decided i should give this info for community as well...

many sites ar in russian language, so please use web translators...

sad, that's not all i could get in 4 hours  confused_o.gif

what to say about files reador get... ask him smile_o.gif

@C4P741N,

Yup, sad but that's reality, they had no ERA armor and were far from final plans of the constructors, B version was improved with ERA armor and got designated as BV mod. this version was the major Soviet/Russia used/uses, because it's like field mod. easy to upgrade...

U mod. was the first version proved to be the constructors best creation in 1989... from these years, basic mod. U, got updated many many times... wink_o.gif

@RHS

besides, RHS, i see only T-80UK (Command) tank, but in reality, all versions(B,BV,U,UD,UM,...) has it's own Command(designated K) version...

it's like M1A2, and M1A2 SEP(newer) abrams versions used by platoon commanders, while M1A1HA/HC/HD is used by "simple" tank crews...