Sign in to follow this  
sim

The Unsungs Future

Now when we released the demo we promised that we would announce what we are doing next, well we are quiting, giving up, The Unsung is no more....  goodnight.gif

HA Yeah right!  tounge2.gif

We are now focussing on an area called Khe Sanh. This was a massive battle between Marines and NVA. It will involve a lot of the hill fights that happened in 1967 and then move on to the seige a Khe Sanh in January 1968 (around the Tet time).

Map Facts

We are using Actual DEMs of the of the area of interest. There will be one main map around 256x256 as well as mini maps covering the areas where the main contacts took place(eg hills 861/861a, 881n/881s).  

Stayed tuned for updates and new pics soon  smile_o.gif

cheers

sim

will it include the Special forces camp nearby which was subject to the only major tank assault (while the yanks were there)by Pt76s

The camp you're referring to is Lang Vei and it's Montagnards. Khe Sanh was also the sight of an Army SF A-Camp, although it was later abandoned.

If Unsung team is going to add Lang Vei, they should make LAWs very malfunctioning smile_o.gif After SF found out that tanks are really coming (for long time no one belived what Laotan soldiers said about NVA's tanks), they request for 100 LAWs, but in the battle most of them did not explode. Really frustrating, isn't?

There is a lot of sites about Lang Vei and Khe Sanh during Tet Offensive.

We've done our research on this but any more references would be much appreciated, you can never have to much research. Lang Vei will be included basically the area covered is an area about 1 mile east of khe sanh combat base to about 1 mile west of the Co rock area all the hills which where involved in the hill fights and the siege are included. There will also be yard units attached to the SF camp at Lang Vei from the village. The SF compound will be included at the khe sanh combat base.

One thing I'm lookig for is actual photos of the terrain around KSCB, Lang Vei, Co Rock, and the hills. I've got pics and layouts of hills 861/A , 881N 881S, aswell as KSCB and Lang Vei SF camp. But if anyone has any more please contact me.

Cheers

note we've got a jam script for the m16 (during the hill fight the m16 was just getting introduce to the companies involved and they had major problems with the weapon, causing quite a few casualties.) we'll add a dud script to the laws during the tank attack on the SF camp at Lang Vei, good point Shinbusan.

Thanks I've got some of this but there is a really good black and white pic.

Cheers

I'm not that much into mapping, but are you going to look that the main map won't have too big dimensions (no second tonai)?

And btw, hows the AI fix for the demo coming along?

Quote[/b] ]I'm not that much into mapping, but are you going to look that the main map won't have too big dimensions (no second tonai)?

looks like the main map is gonna be around the size of Ia Drang, and they're gonna have several smaller-sized maps for specific areas.

Well, ia drang size was good, not too big and not too small. actually, I'd love to see a remake of ia drang some day, with those unsung jungles and other map objects. To me its still the best addon island for ofp, regardless of its age and therefore old graphics. Topographically, it was perfekt for mission making with that central base, the landing zones, the hills, the river, the island base etc. It all fitted together in a very natural way, i hope the map will get used more again with the release of unsung.

btw, just one thing i noticed in the demo... to me, the jungle ground foliage still seemed too light in colour, its quite a contrast to the trees who have a much more natural colour than the foliage. You going to darken up the foliage a bit in later releases so the overall look is more homogenic

okay guys stop reading my mind on the Ia Drang valley whistle.gif .

AI problem is fixed and is finishing up testing, works well read Warrior X's post biggrin_o.gif .

Re DEMs for vietnam, if you have ideas for islands let me know. I have about 5 major islands I'm looking at developing.

we wont be releasing islands that lag like crazy for the average comp... atleast we'll try not to but if we do then we'll make sure we tell you before you download it.

Why not ask selectthis icon_rolleyes.gif ... it'd be a great treat xmas_o.gif . plus, you could maybe even easily port old vietnam missions for ia drang, since that island had a quite a lot of third party missions (its no problem as long as we do it in private, and if you'd ask for permission to the makers you'd have a really fat missions pack for the mod in the end). Still reading your mind biggrin_o.gif ? It'd be really a great thing if it happend...

Hi All,

I'm back with the Unsung after being away for 6 months or so. Currently I'm helping out in the map department. I cannot say too much about it or CJ525 might lock me up in a tiger cage and torture me with bamboo  help.gif . I can say however it is very realistic terrain.. The most realistic I have seen in Opflash.We are working off real maps and reference materials, in the hope to make it as real as Opflash allows....People this is gonna be huge!!! (The Project Overall)  yay.gif  

Sav