Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

Dude, theres going to be looooads of wildlife. From insects, flys, bee's, birds, rabbits and sheep. I think the bumpmapped squirrel hasnt been announced. smile_o.gif

Will the rabbits and sheep shoot back? nener.gif

I do hope you'll be able to disable the "wildlife" thing though,for those of us with mortal PC's. Sounds like unnecessary processor load to me.

What would be nice to see is a mod about a conflict between Greece and Turkey involving a suitable island in the Aegean sea. The towns/villages would offer a perfect gaming environment. Okay it's not really on topic but I like the idea. I need to look into it.

I like this idea as well.

I can picture the scenery already. But the whole mod would require one of the "better" teams to get on this. (Not saying that other teams or new mod teams wont be able to get this done).

I hope that ArmA will bring a lot of new faces to the modding community and I sure hope that this time we have good documentation from the start. The Wiki is a good start but I hope the tools will be in English this time. (Or some ref how to make language files for the tools)

-------------------------------

Btw, any news on the Chicks? biggrin_o.gif

Now that we know that there is wildlife, and that we can code AI for it, I wonder if someone will create a mod to turn ArmA into a fully-functional self-sustaining ecological biosphere. Perhaps the player would have to study the ecological balance and start culling the predator or prey populations if an imbalance starts forming and threatens the overall sustainment of the biosphere. That would be cool. smile_o.gif Perhaps some enterprising Computer Science major/Biology minor could make it his senior project.

Quote[/b] ]That would be cool.

Yes, and next year we will recruit for the first OFP/ArAs tounge2.gif Space flight team that will win the second race to the moon.

I guess there is actually nothing that would be more complex than simulating a biosphere.

Headline:

"Operation flashpoint geeks solve riddle of evoltion in enclosed biospheres. Nobel Prize ?."

wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I guess we´re all excited about the things that will come with ArAs tounge2.gif . In the end it´s still not a totally new engine.

I guess there is actually nothing that would be more complex than simulating a biosphere.

Perhaps. it would be interesting to see what kind of results one would get when coding a simplified biosphere. tounge2.gif

Not hoping - but asking for it, if it´s not included already:

Inbuilt screenshot routine with a predefined folder and auto-naming for shots.

Would save me and others who frequently forget to start screenshot-proggie prior starting OFP.

Extended wish:

Gallery-option in Mainmenu, where you can review and print the shots or send them directly to the mailclient as an attachment.

Damn, can we have a request thread for first ArAs tounge2.gif patch already ? biggrin_o.gif

Perhaps. it would be interesting to see what kind of results one would get when coding a simplified biosphere. tounge2.gif

The Game, I believe is called Creatures 2 which had an amusing biosphere type thing going on. But the most interesting one I've ever come across was Shepherd on me amiga. thumbs-up.gif

I'd rather the point of focus in ArmA still be combat.

I'd rather the point of focus in ArmA still be combat.

If the environment is believable then it enhances the game more than any other change IMHO.

To their credit BIS seem to know this and that's why OFP and Arma have unparalled realism in their environment, from real day/night cycles, real stars, huge and realistic terrains, ambient wildlife and even real tide cycles.

Well, I'd like to have the feature to walk and shoot personal weapons out of vehicles like the VBS1 Convoy Training Program.

what i want:

- new lighting effects (real specular stuff and the

possiblity to use multiple textures)

- a 3dsmax pluggin (to use the blend material for example)

- destructible things (real damages for the vehicles)

- bones for the animations (not only for the soldiers)

- an editor like the unreal ED

it's all, i don't need a lot of military things, because i don't want a simulator.

the last but not least:

- i hope that Armed will as be amusing to play as OFP. because a game is for me a recreation.

ho! i forgot that: i want to see new games made with the ofp and Arma engine(s), if BIS allows that, of course.

does this thread do any sence now that ARMA is gold?

becoming Gold does it mean BIS will not continue optimizing etc, working onfor the 505 publisher?

Will they continue to work on ARMA gold version for next publishers?

shall we continue with "What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?"?

The ability to paradrop vehicles such as the BMD-4 etc... and for them to enter a cargo plane , nuclear weapons, the ability to go into space with certain planes (x-15,mig25). The ablity to control satellites in space or to movearound space stations etc...

Well, now that Arma has been released and we can quiz people about certain features of the game, I think this thread can bite the dust.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and posted their hopes. It certainly made some interesting reading over the year. Fingers crossed you get what you hoped for. xmas_o.gif

goodnight.gif