Sign in to follow this  
colt

What do you *HOPE* will be in ArmA?

BIS plz read these!

Community want this animations deeply. wink_o.gif

thx.

Australia has the Worlds largest Supply of Uranium, and Aluminium Bauxite amoungst other things, mostly occuring inland so usage of it is unfortunately open to exploitation regardless of regulations. Not to say the water is radioctive or anything just the usage of it is unknown in how it affects the water table.

We do  huh.gif  Huzzah.

I'm pretty sure the rpg-22 has a diagram on the side showing how to fire it from prone, basically the launcher had to be fired roughly 45 degree angle to rest of the persons body so that he wouldnt cook his legs with back blast, i would expect the same firing position to be possible for the rpg-7 also, but i imagine it wouldnt exactly be comfy

Scripts

I'd like to add setForce [x, y, z] (Unit is Newton[N]) to the script commands in ArmA.

Then objects obey the formula: F[N] = m[kg] * a[m/s^2].

The AT weapon movement model in OFP was clumsy at best.

Yet completely "modable," if wanted one could modify the CfgMoves and add new sets of AT anims - in fact just the other day someone mentioned that they've allready finished doing this (though it is a lot of pain in the ass work). If BIS changes it, good for them so long as its better, if they don't, still fine by me because we can still change it.

BIS, don't let this slow down the completion of ArmA, these people don't understand what they're talking about. tounge2.gif

Yet completely "modable," if wanted one could modify the CfgMoves and add new sets of AT anims - in fact just the other day someone mentioned that they've allready finished doing this (though it is a lot of pain in the ass work). If BIS changes it, good for them so long as its better, if they don't, still fine by me because we can still change it.

BIS, don't let this slow down the completion of ArmA, these people don't understand what they're talking about. tounge2.gif

Oh, right. I'm going to rely on the mod community to add something that, to this day, has not shown up in OFP.

Sorry, but no thanks. I'd much rather see BIS do it themselves, and do it right, from the start.

And I do believe I understand exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to how to fire AT weapons from various stances.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Did anyone mention that FFUR 2006 has a crouch-walk animation for shoulder-fired rockets?

Maybe it's not what you are looking for (stances for both prone and standing), but the possibility is there.

Smood gameplay on average computer , a verygood editor

Compatibility with old addons , mods ,missions.

Squad xml so we can keep our clown faces.

keeping my finger crossed as you say ....

Greetings

Apache

Realistic firing rates for automatic and machine weapons. Which I mean faster firing sensation for most of the current BIS weapons.

I just heard that the m4 series of rifles have a very quick firing speed, faster than what is in OFP. And somehow the vulcan chaingun for the anti-air apc seems to fire real slowly. I know that tracers are only laid for every few bullets, but maybe the sound should be made so that it seems that there are a lot of bullets being fired per second.

I want to see some default BIS weapons really consume ammo, at a rate seen in a lot of user made units (like the BAS Blackhawk).

Oh, right. I'm going to rely on the mod community to add something that, to this day, has not shown up in OFP.

Sorry, but no thanks. I'd much rather see BIS do it themselves, and do it right, from the start.

And I do believe I understand exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to how to fire AT weapons from various stances.... icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree here with Dsylexci. Its not only pathetic that it wasnt introduced from the start, but its even more pathetic that for 5 years already we have had all these "realism" mods and all this crap, yet we still dont have this? I mean same with penetration values. So far Lib 41-45 is the only mod that has it! Its 5 years people, where's your realism? You cant rely on the mod community at all

Oh yeah, I would like run/walk speeds to be as realistic as possible, so that worlds seem larger and vehicles seem faster.

War Games League for example slowed down the infantry movement speed, arguing that the "jog" was really a rapid run that most people would be unable to maintain in reality. I guess the most logical way to determine movement rates would be to finish making the animations, and then making sure that the movement of the feet looks natural, minimizing the counter-strike "sliding" effect.

Maybe the tactical walk could be the default movement method as it doesn't see so tiring compared the jog. This is a personal preference though.

Though I think that more fatigue in rapid movement would be cover/concealment all that more valuable.

The ability to walk around on ships and drive on the back of a moving vehicle or better yet, flying inside a plane, and being able to walk around in the cabin while the plane is in motion. This would make some really inresting hijack missions where one team chooses a flight to hijack then they land and demand ransoms and such and the other team can try to work things out and if they break down, the team makes a plane to storm the aircraft.

I'd like to see something that NO game has ever brought us- Realistic weapon sounds. No matter where I look, every single game, from battlefield 2 to ghost recon, to OFP and beyond, still hasn't had realistic gun sounds. I've seen many of the weapons in OFP fired IRL, and the sounds from FPS games don't nearly match the sounds from their real life counterparts. Please BIS, bring us realistic gun sounds! notworthy.gif

It makes the game that much better

I'd like to see something that NO game has ever brought us- Realistic weapon sounds. No matter where I look, every single game, from battlefield 2 to ghost recon, to OFP and beyond, still hasn't had realistic gun sounds. I've seen many of the weapons in OFP fired IRL, and the sounds from FPS games don't nearly match the sounds from their real life counterparts. Please BIS, bring us realistic gun sounds!  notworthy.gif

What about Americas Army? Supposed to have really realistic sounds.

The AT weapon movement model in OFP was clumsy at best.

Actually according to Thunderbird, he said that if you wanted to give AT Guns new animation, they would have to set the AT gun as a Main Weapon, which would screw up any missions where that's required.

VBS1 has a new AT animation but that's just being able to stand up when you press "walk back". You still can't fire it though if i remember correctly which has always bothered me. I highly doubt ArmAss will differ from OFP in this regard.

I'd like to see something that NO game has ever brought us- Realistic weapon sounds. No matter where I look, every single game, from battlefield 2 to ghost recon, to OFP and beyond, still hasn't had realistic gun sounds. I've seen many of the weapons in OFP fired IRL, and the sounds from FPS games don't nearly match the sounds from their real life counterparts. Please BIS, bring us realistic gun sounds! notworthy.gif

What about Americas Army? Supposed to have really realistic sounds.

Actually, my memory may suck, but I think America's Army sounds are pretty realistic to me.

I have rented out an AR-15 and I think it sounded the same in the game.

And I rented out a Beretta 9mm pistol. Call me a wimp, but wow, that gun has kick! It seems that in reality, handguns are a lot louder than rifles. The *pop* of firing was also really surprising! wow_o.gif

I also noticed that the Beretta has different firing sounds depending on where you are standing. But again what struck me is that 9mm is a larger caliber most games don't give credit to. And someone else was using an even larger handgun, *BOOM BOOM* crazy_o.gif

The rifle sounds seemed tame in comparison! Handguns are so cool!

I definitely recommend going to a family shooting range on weekdays. Nice selection of guns, less stressed and more friendly people, and relative peace and quiet to shoot at your own leisure. And people are much nicer to silly hobbyists like me even when first time shooters. rofl.gif

So you want a sandstorm! ... Lol, I'm sure it can be modded.   biggrin_o.gif

Agghghghghg jesus christ, big picture buddy. I think you can only hotlink images smaller than 100kb.

So you want a sandstorm! ... Lol, I'm sure it can be modded.   biggrin_o.gif

There was a sandstorm script some time ago, maybe you can find it on OFPEC.com again wink_o.gif

And hey, even though ukraineboy says it in the most negative way (as usual...), he is actually right this time.. tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

So you want a sandstorm! ... Lol, I'm sure it can be modded. biggrin_o.gif

no, i do not want a sandstorm script (modded), i want an option in weather control tool bar.

we will have options to changed the weather, so i hope this option will be implemented too in (extreme) option bar.

edit: Trees will bounce in the wind as we know, but how much?

Naturally if theres too much wind, some sand/dust will fly in the air aswell, and if its too much (extreme) it could creat a sandstorm (in desert zones) like in those pics. Will trees bounce hardly? They should cause its a tropical island.

how much trees bounce in OFP Elite?

This is not so much a "I hope it's in ArmA" subject, though it wouldst rock thine world!  Ok, it'd just be nice..

For the addon manager, or whatever it's called in ArmA, if there was a missing addon, it would either prompt you to put in a URL or open a browser to hunt and set the URL that way (hopefully the addon providers would have their webpage setup for the name of the addon example: http://www.myaddonhomepage.com/addons/AddonName.cgi= "addon parameters allowing for different versions and alternate names".  Edit: Also, I suppose just a URL with the addon name configured in a uniform way without cgi would be good also. /Edit If BIS could put this standard for support in, then the community could have an updated list of addon sites and repositories that we just copy and paste the list into a file in ArmA.  Now the computer does all the work hunting these down, as they are designed to do.  smile_o.gif

Just a thought.

i was playing a coop mission with snipers and i noticed that sniper cammo could bounce with the wind like trees and bushes do..

would be nice.. after all sniper closes are like bushes as cammo

edit: more sence.

Is it safe to hope for the features found in VBS1 will be in Armed Assault? Since ArmA is using a heavily built VBS1 engine, I don't see why many of the features can't be implemented. The ones like Artillery, moving inside vehicles etc. Or will I be sorely disappointed?